Locked Pro Cycling Discussion 2: Jonas Takes His Second Tour - Vuelta and Beyond

Status
Not open for further replies.
..and LOL at "Van VluEPOten'.
TRD you cynic you.
I try to watch the women. I don’t want to be rude, but it’s just really hard to watch compared to the mens cycling. The sports too time consuming for me to want to watch 4-5 hours of that on top of what I already watch for the men.

..and LOL at "Van VluEPOten'.
TRD you cynic you.

No elite cyclist has suddenly become top of the food chain, suddenly, at 28 (nevermind 33), without doping.

Before anyone throws out Mike Woods, he was a world class athlete since he was 16 and his progress was steady and incremental.

Last edited:
I try to watch the women. I don’t want to be rude, but it’s just really hard to watch compared to the mens cycling. The sports too time consuming for me to want to watch 4-5 hours of that on top of what I already watch for the men.

It's the same problem as when I raced. There just aren't enough chicks racing so that the high level has many that can compete. Collecting is much better than everyone else now AvV'a age is finally catching up.

It' much better than it was but a long way to go.

This is before my time, but in 1977 they had the first women's road race at the world championships. I'm pretty sure Beth Heiden had only raced for a year when she showed up and won the world road title.

It's getting better but has a long way to go.

Same here. I watch women's cyclocross before the men's races but honestly, I can't get excited about women's road cycling.

"White was riding on the shoulder of Highway 119, known as the Diagonal, in Boulder on Saturday afternoon when he was hit by a 23-year-old woman driving a Toyota Matrix. The driver crossed from the right-hand lane onto the shoulder, striking White from behind before she crashed into a fence, according to an incident report from the Colorado State Patrol. White was transported to the hospital and pronounced dead. The car's driver was uninjured.

Neither drugs, alcohol nor excessive speed are suspected factors in the crash, according to the state patrol."

Found this for what it's worth. Driver's actions make no sense to me unless she was intentionally trying to hit him. God only knows.

wtf did Storer do? He throws and veers towards Cepeda who clearly keeps his line.
Carthy also realizes that maybe it is time to turn, when it is too late to turn.

wtf did Storer do? He throws and veers towards Cepeda who clearly keeps his line.
Carthy also realizes that maybe it is time to turn, when it is too late to turn.

The road was wet and he lost grip.

FWIW that is a massive vertical crack in the road and super dangerous. Few things more dangerous than riding into a vertical crack at speed.

This WC RR circuit is dumb. Who the fuck came up with so many corners and a 200m long hill as the selection? If it rains it will be carnage.

The two big hills are done with 180km to go. WTF?

Maybe it will be an exciting race, or maybe it will be a shit show. Good to know the pro RR is first. I guess they are crash test dummies this year.

Oh and let's not forget it's Glasgow. Heroin and drunk guys kicking the shit out of each other.

"White was riding on the shoulder of Highway 119, known as the Diagonal, in Boulder on Saturday afternoon when he was hit by a 23-year-old woman driving a Toyota Matrix. The driver crossed from the right-hand lane onto the shoulder, striking White from behind before she crashed into a fence, according to an incident report from the Colorado State Patrol. White was transported to the hospital and pronounced dead. The car's driver was uninjured.

Neither drugs, alcohol nor excessive speed are suspected factors in the crash, according to the state patrol."

Found this for what it's worth. Driver's actions make no sense to me unless she was intentionally trying to hit him. God only knows.
She was probably on her phone.

New Netflix doc about Mark Cavendish. Pretty decent. Fucking Lance Armstrong chirping his ass throughout the documentary. Like WTF Netflix lol.

<Kobe213>

Cavendish seems like a dick. And not in a small way.

He also came into cycling before the biopassport and needed braces when he was 25 so you do the math.

It's not surprising that Pharmstrong likes him so much.

She was probably on her phone.
Same thing happened not too far from here in 2021 when NY Jets (or soon to be anyway) asst coach Greg Knapp was hit and killed while on a Sunday afternoon bike ride
by a 22 yr old kid who claimed he was not texting or otherwise distracted. Right.
Furthermore, his POS attorney and insurance co claimed Knapp was "on the lane dividing line" for the clearly painted bike lane, not 'inside' the lane.
No charges filed, no recompense financially for the his wife and three daughters either.
So they sued EVERYBODY. The city, county, Caltrans, etc.

And TRD wonders why I almost exclusively ride on the mountain. Very little traffic, winding roads and if you look at your phone while driving, you might go off the edge. Keeps ppl honest.

and what's up with the infatuation with Cav's teeth? Doesn't toothery come with being from there?
Ever Facetime with someone from the UK? I have, and God love em, but the toofs are fuckered.

and what's up with the infatuation with Cav's teeth? Doesn't toothery come with being from there?
Ever Facetime with someone from the UK? I have, and God love em, but the toofs are fuckered.

Carl Lewis effect that has you grow 5" in a year and then suddenly you need braces in your 20s. Classic sign of GH use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back