Prizefighter's Historic Fights(Vid):

Meh.

Hopefully the game is better than it looks.

Im not getting it..I might rent it, but based on the look, Im passing unless there is some seriously amazing gameplay

Are they making it for Intellivision?

Haha... I don't remember anyone getting knockdown and out in Holmes vs Norton or Baer vs. Braddock.

It's cool you can play Holmes and old joe though. Let's hope this game doesn't suck as. I remember Don King had a shitty game a long time ago.

You are right about renting it first. I would buy EA games immediately because they make quality. The gameplay in this game doesn't look so hot.

Hey, look at me! Mr. 3000!!!

You are right about renting it first. I would buy EA games immediately because they make quality. The gameplay in this game doesn't look so hot.

Hey, look at me! Mr. 3000!!!

What the fuck?

EA makes two good sports franchises - Tiger Woods and NCAA Football.

The only advantage EA has in anything else is the hype machine and the media.

2k Sports' NFL 2k series was getting better reviews than Madden and was making headway in sales until EA simply bought the exclusive license to avoid the competition.

2k Sports' NBA 2k and College Hoops 2k series are consistently better than EA's basketball games and have been for years.

When it comes to baseball, EA generally comes in third behind MLB 2k and, of all things, Sony's in-house production of MLB:The Show.

There is absolutely no reason for me to believe that 2k can't make a better boxing game than EA, especially when Fight Night Round 3 was the weakest iteration of that series.

This game looks horrible please please hurry up with Fight Night Round 4

What the fuck?

2k Sports' NFL 2k series was getting better reviews than Madden and was making headway in sales until EA simply bought the exclusive license to avoid the competition.

2k Sports' NBA 2k and College Hoops 2k series are consistently better than EA's basketball games and have been for years.

When it comes to baseball, EA generally comes in third behind MLB 2k and, of all things, Sony's in-house production of MLB:The Show.

There is absolutely no reason for me to believe that 2k can't make a better boxing game than EA, especially when Fight Night Round 3 was the weakest iteration of that series.

valid points and i agree. But when it comes to boxing games, EA has done a great job for the most part. Prizefighter is comin from the guys who made the Rocky games, a developer named Venom Games. 2K is just the publisher, they're not actually making the game from what i've read.

What the fuck?

Madden > ncaa football.. at least last year it was.. I haven't enjoyed ncaa since 03

I haven't enjoyed Madden. Period.

Did you play it last year? It was way better than ncaa. NCAA used to have a feel of it's own, but now it just looks like a 2 year behind version of Madden ever year.

Maybe the second prizefighter game will be awesome.

2k makes very outstanding simulated sports games.

Save us, EA.

lol, you must not be into realistic games? EA caters to the casual audience, whereas 2k focuses on the hardcore followers that want sim action. So, I'm kind of surprised to see that type of comment on a boxing forum.

Back