Prime ufc champ Coleman vs prime vitor

tfcfights

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I heard on the srn rewind the ufc tried to build up mark vs vitor. At that time mark was the champ and a monster and vitor was knocking everyone out. Question who would of won? Also prime Kerr training with bas vs ken? I see mark gnp his way to victory vitor could of caught him early or survived till mark gassed out but idk how vitors cardio was.

I'd have Mark. Dude had fucking amazing ground and pound, and Vitor wasn't the best at staying off his back.

If it's trt Vitor not cutting Weight Vitor all day. Can't argue against a lightning bolt like wheel kick.

Vitor gonna make Coleman's girls cry again.

Coleman would put Victor on his back very quickly. Coleman by tko or lay and pray.

Coleman takes him down and pummels him no problem

Could go either way, but I'd pick Coleman. Maurice Smith beat Coleman because he had really good cardio and could survive and protect himself from his back (though not mount any offense or escapes). Vitor most likely gasses at some point on his back then gets smashed.

Lots of variables to consider. Are headbutts allowed or not? During which Vitor "prime" are we talking about?

Is this during Mark Coleman's three-fight losing streak in the UFC, or the period right before that in the UFC or right after in PRIDE when he won the 2000 Grand Prix?

Vitor was my favorite fighter back then, but under most circumstances, I have to go with Coleman.

Vitor was simply beaten too often by wrestlers who repeatedly put him on his back and wore him down. Obviously there are the fights against Couture, but even the much smaller Sakuraba defeated him.

On the flip side, a Pedro Rizzo in his prime won a very close fight (split decision) over a Coleman who didn't have headbutts and was arguably not at his best.

Rizzo was bigger and stronger than Vitor, had much better wrestling and takedown defense, and the brutal leg kicks that Vitor lacked. And while Rizzo's cardio wasn't great, it was significantly better than Belfort's.

I could see Vitor catching him in an armbar or possibly guilotine. If Coleman lands a takedown followed with gnp, Vitor would have to act quickly, or he'd wilt.
If Vitor can avoid a few takedowns or tire Mark out, like Mo Smith, Coleman could be in trouble. But Vitor could gas by that time, too.

I guess I'll take Vitor on the feet, or by sub. But it's almost for the same of picking someone.

Coleman is not Couture, and would not outstrike Vitor.
But Vitor's ability to stay on the feet at that point in time is the deciding factor. Can't really remember his TDD back then.

Could be rough on the ground for Vitor. Actually, most likely would.

Coleman.

Let’s say his prime was when he won the 2000 GP. He would have been quite a bit bigger. I think he was as much as 260. I’d say that’s a minimum of 20 pounds larger.

He could also take a punch. Which means he’s be in there long enough to score a takedown. He was excellent at holding people down.

If they fought when Mark was champ, definitely Mark. If 2012 Vitor went back in time, Vitor

There's no version of Coleman where the Vitor at the same time wouldn't have wrecked him. A strong wrestler, but that's about it.

Imagine a tournament consisting of Kerr, Coleman, vitor and randleman! Juicey!

Lots of variables to consider. Are headbutts allowed or not? During which Vitor "prime" are we talking about?

Is this during Mark Coleman's three-fight losing streak in the UFC, or the period right before that in the UFC or right after in PRIDE when he won the 2000 Grand Prix?

Vitor was my favorite fighter back then, but under most circumstances, I have to go with Coleman.

Vitor was simply beaten too often by wrestlers who repeatedly put him on his back and wore him down. Obviously there are the fights against Couture, but even the much smaller Sakuraba defeated him.

On the flip side, a Pedro Rizzo in his prime won a very close fight (split decision) over a Coleman who didn't have headbutts and was arguably not at his best.

Rizzo was bigger and stronger than Vitor, had much better wrestling and takedown defense, and the brutal leg kicks that Vitor lacked. And while Rizzo's cardio wasn't great, it was significantly better than Belfort's.
wow, a nuanced and reasonable answer? Am I still on sherdog???

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back