Prime Tank Abbott vs Prime Roy Nelson

Well, he didn't exactly fight a lot of top notch submission fighters. He would get subbed by anyone good.

Now you're arguing hypotheticals. We don't know that and you can't prove it. All we know were the 2 submission losses I mentioned. As I said earlier, Roy's last submission win was in 2006 against a complete no-name fighter. Prime Roy (which was early UFC IMO) had already fallen in love with his fists and almost never went for submissions. He didn't even sub a helpless Kimbo on the ground.

I think many in this thread are caught up too much by the "mma has evolved" trope...

I think it has evolved a lot in most weight classes, but only for the elite fighters at HW. I mean Lavar Johnson was fighting in Bellator, the UFC and Strikeforce just a few years ago before going to jail. I'm not convinced that he was any better than prime Tank or Goodridge. All of them would get embarrassed by prime Cain or Stipe, but against each other, it would be a toss-up, depending who landed something big first.

. Werdum said he was surprised how weak Roy seemed to be. Again, punching power and other types of strength are very different.
That doesn't surprise me. Nelson has never had HW muscle, he just can't be bothered to be an athlete.

Still think he would smash Tank though.

It would probably look a lot like Tank's first fight with Cabbage, but could end up looking like his second fight with Cabbage due to his crazy KO power and puncher's chance against anyone.

Yeah, Kimo-Tank was 10+ years after Tank's debut, when he was well into his 40s and already had an NHB and WWE career. That's the problem with most Sherdoggers...

Kimo-Tank (or Goodridge-Tank) would've been much different and much better around 1996.
he was in wcw not wwf.

Prime Tank has a chance in a boxing match, and would dominate a comedian competition.

Roy actually has a JJ game, which would have beaten Tank; Tank was never much for avoiding submissions.
Tank could wrastle tho! I got Tank in the second, swangin and bangin

Roy by whatever he feels like. The dude can punch and is a bjj black belt. Tank is your average bar thug.

Prime Tank takes Roys head off

Just too much power man, theres a video on youtube of him benching 500 lbs with ease

Roy can prob barely put up 300

Now you're arguing hypotheticals. We don't know that and you can't prove it. All we know were the 2 submission losses I mentioned. As I said earlier, Roy's last submission win was in 2006 against a complete no-name fighter. Prime Roy (which was early UFC IMO) had already fallen in love with his fists and almost never went for submissions. He didn't even sub a helpless Kimbo on the ground.
This whole thread is a hypothetical, as are your arguments. WTF are U talking about?

lol no, Tank has several submission losses, don't try to change the facts. You are making a circular argument. I already addressed what you are repeating here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
africancelary
Back