Prime Rumble durring Chuck/Randy Era

Druken_Vovchanchyn

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
How would 205 Rumble have done in this era? I cant help but think he would have been a legend and fucked chuck and randy up. If he was born 10 years earlier would he be a HOFer? i cant think of many guys who could have beat rumble from that era. He kills Tito, chuck and randy easily. What do you guys think?

This is a good example to show just how far MMA has come in the last 10-15 years.

I would probably favor him over any of those three.

Randy has a very good chance of grinding out a win. Chuck has a decent shot of finding his chin. Tito would have to do his grave digger before the fight to prepare his own grave.

Better yet.. imagine if Francis was competing at a young age during that era..

CTE would’ve been much more prevalent among ufc LHW’s

I feel like Randy would have the best shot. IMO opinion, if he could avoid being KO'd in the first round and implement his classic clinch against the cage style, he would frustrate and wear Rumble out. That's a big "if" though.

Chuck, Tito etc. would have no chance at all.

Rumble would have flatlined Chuck.

But I could see Randy wrestlefucking him.

Randy might well be able to survive the striking long enough to grind Rumble out like DC and many other fighters at lighter weights did.

Would pick him over Chuck and Tito tho

Chuck and specially Tito would have gone to sleep, Randy would need to go full Askren to have a shot

Would he have been as good of a kickboxer and defensive wrestler back then though? you aren't born with those skills. he wouldn't have gotten the same training so the striking would not be as sharp and technical and his wrestling might not be as developed.

If you drop prime rumble in there he cleans house, and even the rumble I described above would be a force but he has the potential to lose to someone like prime Randy.

I feel like Randy would have the best shot. IMO opinion, if he could avoid being KO'd in the first round and implement his classic clinch against the cage style, he would frustrate and wear Rumble out. That's a big "if" though.

Chuck, Tito etc. would have no chance at all.

Rumble would have flatlined Chuck.

But I could see Randy wrestlefucking him.

I agree 100% I just dont know if randy could actually take down prime rumble. He never really was THAT explosive or great to get a guy like him down. I think hes too slow and uncoordinated with his strikes to close the distance without getting KOd. Thats a good match up

How would 205 Rumble have done in this era? I cant help but think he would have been a legend and fucked chuck and randy up. If he was born 10 years earlier would he be a HOFer? i cant think of many guys who could have beat rumble from that era. He kills Tito, chuck and randy easily. What do you guys think?

This is a good example to show just how far MMA has come in the last 10-15 years.
Randy destroys him!

I agree 100% I just dont know if randy could actually take down prime rumble. He never really was THAT explosive or great to get a guy like him down. I think hes too slow and uncoordinated with his strikes to close the distance without getting KOd. Thats a good match up

On Randy's best nights, I feel he could get it done. The night he beat Gonzaga was his best by a mile. I'm not suggesting GG is comparable to Rumble, but the way Randy avoided shots and worked his way inside incredible and I think he would have beat Rumble on that night.

Randy destroys him!

you think so brotha? i will say its for sure one way or the other. Randy gets slept or he absolutely breaks mentally weak rumble. I just think the speed and power would be too much for Randy..it took even DC being able to get dropped and get up to beat him the first time..i dont think randy would have even been alive

On Randy's best nights, I feel he could get it done. The night he beat Gonzaga was his best by a mile. I'm not suggesting GG is comparable to Rumble, but the way Randy avoided shots and worked his way inside incredible and I think he would have beat Rumble on that night.

that was the first time i realized how much your mind is what determines the outcome of a fight. he had almost all the disadvantages and beat the fucking piss out of GG

Would he have been as good of a kickboxer and defensive wrestler back then though? you aren't born with those skills. he wouldn't have gotten the same training so the striking would not be as sharp and technical and his wrestling might not be as developed.

If you drop prime rumble in there he cleans house, and even the rumble I described above would be a force but he has the potential to lose to someone like prime Randy.

This. I never really like comparing fighters of different eras. The sport evolves and so do the training techniques. Even if the current fighter didn't directly benefit from watching a particular guy, there's a good chance that his coaches and/or training partners likely did. Every generation builds on what the last generation did.

Rumble would have mopped the division back then for sure.

I don't even think Randy had the skill/strength to get him down to be honest. Chuck would have been retired 10 fights earlier.

Johnson would have been KO'ing everybody in violent fashion.

Back