Prime RJJ vs. Marciano

I know you were but this entire thread is pure speculation.

If, and it's a pretty big if, Marciano could deal with the speed of Jones then I think Jones is in for a tough night. I really haven't seen enough of Marciano to say who would win but I've seen some pretty damn good fighters look lost against Roy's speed.

Nah bro,Rocky was always trying to stay light so he wouldnt be too slow for some of the "Greatest" Light Heavyweights of all-time in Walcott,Charles and Moore........Roy Jones spent more than half his career(30+ fights) at 168lbs or less.....besides that most of your post is pure speculation

the fact that roy was an inch taller and posessed a 7 INCH REACH ADVANTAGE is speculation?

roy was an inch taller and posessed a 7 INCH REACH ADVANTAGE
Moore,Charles and walcott are some of the greatest fighters to EVER step into the ring and they had those same advantages......
wallcotko.jpg
MM6a.JPG
005893183Final.jpg
...and it wasnt enough
I know you were but this entire thread is pure speculation.

If, and it's a pretty big if, Marciano could deal with the speed of Jones then I think Jones is in for a tough night. I really haven't seen enough of Marciano to say who would win but I've seen some pretty damn good fighters look lost against Roy's speed.
The problem is that not enough of "current" boxing fans keep in mind how difficult it is to go 49-0 especially if your not "ducking" anyone.Everyone had their crack at him but none could take his crown and there was a reason for it,just ask the other fighters of his generation and they will tell you he was a "bull with gloves" that never wore down,never got tired.It would be hard to find any Boxing "Historian" that would agree that Roy Jones jr would have what it takes to do what nobody in history was able to do......

I'd favor Marciano, but it wouldnt be pretty. Roy would have to fight the perfect fight to not lose, where Rocky would just have to do what he did plenty of other times, dig deep to grind down someone who is better than he is at boxing.

Rocky wins by constant pressure, and being way more physically and mentally tough.

How many greats has Marciano beat? I'd bet the house on Jones, he'd outclass Marciano all the way if they met at a catch weight.

How many greats has Marciano beat?

Yea you kind of proved my point.....too many people watch Roy Jones Highlights and think hes some kind of demi-god,the dude isnt even mentioned amongst the greats if you talk to anyone over the age of 25.......

How many greats has Marciano beat? I'd bet the house on Jones, he'd outclass Marciano all the way if they met at a catch weight.

Come on man that's just ridiculous. And no Roy isn't on Walcotts level either...or ezzard charles, or archie moore...

Marciano would accept five punches to hit RJJ with one. Multiply that by 12 rounds, and he'll beat Jones

While we're at it:

Ezzard Charles and Joe Walcott (both who lost to Rock) would beat RJJ as well.

Back