Prime Prince vs Rigo?

Depends on which version of Prince shows up

Imo Naseem at his absolute ceiling was Way Way higher that Rigo.

He was disgustingly good

I think Prince knocks the fucking shit out of Rigo

Prince wasn't exactly fighting against the cream of the crop most of his career though.

No offense to Kevin Kelly but at least during the naseem fight, he's not even in the same stratosphere as a prime rigondeaux.

Depends on which version of Prince shows up

Imo Naseem at his absolute ceiling was Way Way higher that Rigo.

He was disgustingly good

I think Prince knocks the fucking shit out of Rigo

Correct, he makes the quitter quit.

Hmm. On one hand I think Rigo embarrasses him. On the other hand Ive seen Rigo get popped and knocked on his ass by punches that should have touched him many times.

At their very best, I guess Rigo takes the decision. But hell if there wouldnt be some very scary moments/knockdowns.

I thinks Rigo clowns Hamed and it wouldn't even be close, to be honest. Prime Rigo was about as fact and pinpoint accurate as I've ever seen a fighter.

Subject line says prime prince. What fight would personally pick as the best prince? Anyone feel free to comment here. I've gone though his earlier career before but that was over 5 years ago.

Outside of the Kelley win, in terms of a clean win I've seen these two fights often come up as his best wins, Johnson because of the stature of the opponent and Badillo probably because of the way he styled on a fairly respected opponent whilst also using more boxing fundamentals.

A lot of questions about Hamed imo, he took too long to get in there with one of the big boys of his weight range (Morales, Barrera). Also Marquez ducked Hamed (or at least waited to face him on his absolute best day), not the other way around;

Manuelito ducking Hammed? Naaaah... :confused:

I was pretty young when Hammed was around and have never been interested to watch except for highlights. At the time I was probably only watching Tito when my dad would take me or buy the ppv and afterwards Cotto which started when Hammed had one glove hanged already.

But as I take a peak at his record I only recognize Kelly and Vazquez. What other guys did Hammed beat and just how good is his resume?

I think Rigo is too fast and precise at his best but when you can be unorthodox, quick and have such an active rhythm as Loma then Rigo has proved he can’t think outside the box in frustration. Although Loma is much bigger and at Rigos best his box is pretty fucking big.

According to Manny Steward they ducked each other at various points.

Marquez only became a big name fighter late in his career, Barrera and Morales were much bigger names at the time of Hamed.

I was pretty young when Hammed was around and have never been interested to watch except for highlights. At the time I was probably only watching Tito when my dad would take me or buy the ppv and afterwards Cotto which started when Hammed had one glove hanged already.

But as I take a peak at his record I only recognize Kelly and Vazquez. What other guys did Hammed beat and just how good is his resume?

I think Rigo is too fast and precise at his best but when you can be unorthodox, quick and have such an active rhythm as Loma then Rigo has proved he can’t think outside the box in frustration. Although Loma is much bigger and at Rigos best his box is pretty fucking big.

I remember that Marquez was getting low balled by Hamed thus the ducking claims

IMO Ingle and Sanchez were his best wins, Sanchez’ claim to fame was being the last man to defeat Floyd at the national level in the ammies, he was on his way to defeating Hamed but was not seasoned enough to pull it off

Hamed was flopping around the ring against Kelley, Sanchez and Barrera, but again, Sanchez wasnt experienced enough and Kelley was way past his prime

Hamed vs Rigo would look like Floyd vs McGregor

Rigo never faced anyone who hit like Prince and it'd be like Lomachenko vs Rigo except Naseem would hurt him for real. One of those finishes when he'd just start unleashing and the corners and refs run to try and stop a life changing ko

PNH fucks his ass up

Donaire has a sonofabitching left hook so Rigo has faced a guy with real power. Rigo nails guys with a real fast ball of a left hand that would catch prince from a weird angle (who is also a southpaw). Hamed also leaps in and out with poor fundamentals. It was his springiness that helped him so often, but Rigo is being underwritten here. Rigo has a real shot.

IMO Ingle and Sanchez were his best wins, Sanchez’ claim to fame was being the last man to defeat Floyd at the national level in the ammies, he was on his way to defeating Hamed but was not seasoned enough to pull it off

I'm wondering where you are coming from with that.

Because Tom Johnson had been ranked as the no. 1 featherweight in the world for three years in a row prior to the Hamed fight whilst the other two weren't in the top 10.

I'm wondering where you are coming from with that.

Because Tom Johnson had been ranked as the no. 1 featherweight in the world for three years in a row prior to the Hamed fight whilst the other two weren't in the top 10.
I cant remember off the top of my head if they were in the top 10, do you have a source?

Tom Johnson, who were his defenses against? Manuel Medina?

I cant remember off the top of my head if they were in the top 10, do you have a source?

Tom Johnson, who were his defenses against? Manuel Medina?

These are year end rankings.

https://boxrec.com/media/index.php/The_Ring_Magazine's_Annual_Ratings:_Featherweight--1990s

And yes I think Medina is a big win.

Sanchez win over Mayweather looks good on paper but he was the epitome of a pro flop. Flattened by blown up super flyweight journeyman Edgar Garcia.

Nobody would have been surprised that Hamed would have sent him out the ring on a stretcher before the fight. The surprise was the trouble he had him in before that. Looking back it was a completely logical outcome though, two very effective offensive fighters with no defense.

Donaire has a sonofabitching left hook so Rigo has faced a guy with real power. Rigo nails guys with a real fast ball of a left hand that would catch prince from a weird angle (who is also a southpaw). Hamed also leaps in and out with poor fundamentals. It was his springiness that helped him so often, but Rigo is being underwritten here. Rigo has a real shot.
Hes been knocked on his ass a lot also.

These are year end rankings.

https://boxrec.com/media/index.php/The_Ring_Magazine's_Annual_Ratings:_Featherweight--1990s

And yes I think Medina is a big win.

Sanchez win over Mayweather looks good on paper but he was the epitome of a pro flop. Flattened by blown up super flyweight journeyman Edgar Garcia.

Nobody would have been surprised that Hamed would have sent him out the ring on a stretcher before the fight. The surprise was the trouble he had him in before that. Looking back it was a completely logical outcome though, two very effective offensive fighters with no defense.
Nevermind Augie Sanchez being one of the best wins, I had no idea he got ko’d before

I thought it was a good win because there was a lot of hype surrounding him in Las Vegas in the early 90’s I saw him live at an ammy show over there, he looked raw and aggressive.

But that was a pretty damn good fight between him and Hamed

Are you trying to compare Nonito Donair's power to Naseem Hamed?

Does Glowacki hit like Wilder too?

Come on bro

I remember that Marquez was getting low balled by Hamed thus the ducking claims

Hamed was flopping around the ring against Kelley, Sanchez and Barrera, but again, Sanchez wasnt experienced enough and Kelley was way past his prime

Hamed vs Rigo would look like Floyd vs McGregor

Sanchez resistance just seemed no good, didn’t het lose by Ko in all his L’s? But he was cracking the shit out of Hammed before the KO, looked like a mini Vargas. I think Rigo def taps that ass.

Back