Prime Prince vs Rigo?

Prince gets badly beat up, imo. Makes the bell, but there wouldn't be any magic from Naseem that night. Rigo lands the straight left all night long.

Prince gets badly beat up, imo. Makes the bell, but there wouldn't be any magic from Naseem that night. Rigo lands the straight left all night long.
Depends on which version of Prince shows up

Imo Naseem at his absolute ceiling was Way Way higher that Rigo.

He was disgustingly good

I think Prince knocks the fucking shit out of Rigo

Rigo never faced anyone who hit like Prince and it'd be like Lomachenko vs Rigo except Naseem would hurt him for real. One of those finishes when he'd just start unleashing and the corners and refs run to try and stop a life changing ko

PNH fucks his ass up

Rigo never faced anyone who hit like Prince and it'd be like Lomachenko vs Rigo except Naseem would hurt him for real. One of those finishes when he'd just start unleashing and the corners and refs run to try and stop a life changing ko

PNH fucks his ass up
I don't think so at all. Donaire at his best would best would beat the shit out of Hamed.

Everyone dismisses Rigo now that he's taken an L and gotten old. Dude could still beat the lot at his own best weight.

I don't think so at all. Donaire at his best would best the shit out of Hamed.

Everyone dismisses Rigo now that he's taken an L and gotten old. Dude could still beat the lot at his own best weight.
Rigo was damn good

But Prince hit like a bastard and Rigo wouldn't be able to take 36 minutes of that.

And Rigo doesn't even fight like himself anymore, he's trying to feed his family and given in to fan demands to stand and trade, he literally fought like a perfect boxing specimen and jealousy and fear controlled his career, dude couldn't get a real fight.

Loma complained the same thing. Pro boxing isn't like ammies, the best is never fully decided because the best avoid each other. We'll never know outcome of Mikey and Loma because Mikey has a weak heart and Loma has Arum. Rigo should be on his 10th title defense, building a atg resume, instead he's fighting jobbers and wannabe titleists flopping on the canvas trying to get him dq'd for destroying them.

And Rigo doesn't even fight like himself anymore, he's trying to feed his family and given in to fan demands to stand and trade, he literally fought like a perfect boxing specimen and jealousy and fear controlled his career, dude couldn't get a real fight.

Loma complained the same thing. Pro boxing isn't like ammies, the best is never fully decided because the best avoid each other. We'll never know outcome of Mikey and Loma because Mikey has a weak heart and Loma has Arum. Rigo should be on his 10th title defense, building a atg resume, instead he's fighting jobbers and wannabe titleists flopping on the canvas trying to get him dq'd for destroying them.
Speaking a lot of unfortunate truths

There's a reason why everyone ducks Rigo. If boxing was monopolized by one promotion and Rigo fought the 3 best opponents for him in the world every year he would probably have a legendary career across 4 weight divisions dominating at least one of them into his 40s. He would take prime Naseem to school and give him detention, and would probably win a boxing match against him too.

A prime Rigo was a masterful boxer and Hamed let Barrera look like a masterful boxer himself and thats not a knock on Barrera.

Rigo takes this in a closer affair than Barrera, visiting the canvas once, maybe twice. Or thrice.

Naz IMO. He'd look bad throughout a lot of the fight and would probably get busted up a fair amount himself, but once he got into his weird awkward rythm, he'd KO Rigo.

think Naseem would catch and stop Rigondeaux at some point

people forget how good he was because of the loss to Barrera

Really tough match up for Prince and I'm a huge fan of both of them. Would be a double battle for Naseem; the first thing he'd have to do would be to actually get Rigo to abandon his discipline and open up when naseem gives him those baiting taunts. After that he'd have to actually hit him with something clean.

Barrera was never one to shy away from a brawl but he kept his cool against the prince and won the wide ud. No reason to think rigo wouldn't do even better.

Would be a fun fight to see for sure though. Prime Naseem vs prime Donaire would be great as well!

Depends on which version of Prince shows up

Imo Naseem at his absolute ceiling was Way Way higher that Rigo.

He was disgustingly good

I think Prince knocks the fucking shit out of Rigo

Subject line says prime prince. What fight would personally pick as the best prince? Anyone feel free to comment here. I've gone though his earlier career before but that was over 5 years ago.

Subject line says prime prince. What fight would personally pick as the best prince? Anyone feel free to comment here. I've gone though his earlier career before but that was over 5 years ago.

Probably around the Kevin Kelly fight possibly before that .

That's actually a great question....I'd like to look into that but can't say off the top of me noggin

Probably around the Kevin Kelly fight possibly before that .
Meh he was careless in that fight

I'd say somewhere before

That's actually a great question....I'd like to look into that but can't say off the top of me noggin

Meh he was careless in that fight

I'd say somewhere before

But he showed resiliency against a tough opponent . He would need a lot of that agaisnt Loma.

But he showed resiliency against a tough opponent . He would need a lot of that agaisnt Loma.
I see what you mean. Good call actually in that sense, most people don't appreciate those types of things.

Still didn't like his performance....he was pulling straight back, getting caught flush with right hooks that people in the bleachers saw coming....thankfully he could punch like a bastard so he bludgeoned his way out of that mess

I just think he could've avoided getting into that predicament

Back