• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

prime Lebron > prime Kobe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kobe-Bryant.jpg

Minus Lakers fans this wouldn't be close. There can't be more than 2 or 3 Heat fans. Californians are by far the largest contingent in the SB.

Yes, because everyone in here minus LA and MIA fans are level headed objective individuals.

lebron-laughing1.jpg

Yes, because everyone in here minus LA and MIA fans are level headed objective individuals.

lebron-laughing1.jpg

Seems like lot of west coast fans prefer Kobe over Lebron from what I've seen and heard. Kobe better player point blank when comes to winning and scoring.

Kobe Bryant is the oldest player in NBA history to score 38+ points while shooting 60+ percent in consecutive games.

Kobe is a can. This is going to be the second season that he's missed the playoffs. Lebron would never let that happen.

Kobe Bryant is the oldest player in NBA history to score 38+ points while shooting 60+ percent in consecutive games.

Obligatory Jordan plug. MJ dropped 43 points at age 40, with 10 rebounds, 3 assists, 4 steals. Just sayin :p

I'm not sure Kobe or Lebron could duplicate that. Not sure anyone could.

Obligatory Jordan plug. MJ dropped 43 points at age 40, with 10 rebounds, 3 assists, 4 steals. Just sayin :p

I'm not sure Kobe or Lebron could duplicate that. Not sure anyone could.

I think it meant consecutive games meaning (2). Jordan had 1 not 2 total. They had the stat on NBATV and ESPN. Kobe being only player ever at age 34.

Jordan>Kobe >Eddie jones> lebron james

I think it meant consecutive games meaning (2). Jordan had 1 not 2 total. They had the stat on NBATV and ESPN. Kobe being only player ever at age 34.

Yea I understand, I am more impressed with Jordan's old man 1 game than Kobe's 2. Dropping 43, 10, 3, 4 at age 40 is absurd.

Yea I understand, I am more impressed with Jordan's old man 1 game than Kobe's 2. Dropping 43, 10, 3, 4 at age 40 is absurd.

Yeah just shooting 60% from the floor with 38+ points in 2 games is pretty impressive for older Kobe.

No more trying to start second accounts so you can vote again, okay, Chillez? I saw that shit.

Yeah just shooting 60% from the floor with 38+ points in 2 games is pretty impressive for older Kobe.

Its impressive for any player at any age. Kobe is a bad ass, so is Lebron. The weirdness of Kobe though is the hate he gets, or is it that Lebron fans are rabid? Its difficult to tell.

I bet defense is next when the Kobe nutriders realize that even with 9x First-Team selections are fishbait compared to LeBron's. See, LeBron plays Forward, not Guard, and Forwards/Centers have dominated Defensive Player of the Year voting since it was conceived in 1982. In fact, a guard has won in only 5 of the 30 years the award has been given, and Gary Payton was the last guard to win it in 1996. In other words, Kobe is competing for the Junior Varsity slot on the All-Defense teams, and he even had to acquire one by weaseling in for a tie with Jason Kidd in 2005-06. Furthermore, LeBron possesses an identical number of 1st team All-Defense selections (4x) as Kobe did at his age, and none were shared. Finally, in order to put this in a meaningful perspective, our scientific pursuit of the truth shows us that Kobe has never finished higher than 5th on the DPOY voting. Meanwhile, LeBron is a past runner-up (to a prime Dwight Howard).

LeBron Placement in DPOY Voting for 1st Team All-Defense Years
2nd (2008-09)
4th (2009-10)
9th (2010-11)
4th (2011-12)

Kobe Placement in DPOY Voting for 1st Team All-Defense Seasons
5th (1999-00)
8th (2002-03)
10th (2003-04)
Zero Votes (2005-06)
26th (2006-07)
5th (2007-08)
7th (2008-09)
12th (2009-10)
11th (2010-11)

Indeed, Kobe has never been a legitimate contender for Defensive Player of the Year the way that LeBron has. He never was and never will be the defender that prime LeBron is. It appears that the only significant things Kobe is better at in basketball is riding All-NBA Center coattails and taking more shots. While we're talking about shit that matters.

Science damn you.

lol..faustian was in the mayberry yesterday trying to solicit votes for Lebron. The integrity of this poll has already been well compromised.

Its impressive for any player at any age. Kobe is a bad ass, so is Lebron. The weirdness of Kobe though is the hate he gets, or is it that Lebron fans are rabid? Its difficult to tell.

It is weird, but when you are a winner and play for a winning franchise, it is going to happen. Same thing with my Cowboys (although they haven't been a winner in a long time, they still get the most hate), same thing with the Yankees and it's the same thing here with the Lakers. Especially Kobe, the face of the Lakers for so many years now, one of the greatest Lakers ever (That's saying something).

With that said, I got no hate for LeBron, he's definitely the best now and has the potential to pass Kobe and maybe MJ imo. Even during his "decision" drama I had no hate for him, I'd do the same thing if it meant championships, but I am a bit more competitive-mind thinking and not as drama minded. You won't hear any of these Kobe haters say one good thing about Kobe ever, yet he's top 10 and some say the greatest Laker ever.

lol..faustian was in the mayberry yesterday trying to solicit votes for Lebron. The integrity of this poll has already been well compromised.

Lol so much gotten to in that it is just music to my ears. You have to understand, old man Kobe recently trampled his hero in the All Star game, making him look like a fool, so he's a bit extra salty in his vagine. Madmick is a Kings "fan" so he's another one disqualified as Kobe RAPED his team so bad I bet Madmick has had fantasies of JFKing Kobe at one of the 5 Laker Championship parades. LeVolver is a LeBron fanboy out of pure spite hatred of Kobe. He's a Clipster "fan" who has dwell up so much hatred for the Lakers franchise over the years that seeing the Clipsters defeat the Lakers are the happiest moments of his life, happier than sitting on sherdog talking about Kobe Bryant all day.

My destruction here is done.
Bosh-Lebron.gif

Objectively, incontrovertibly, LeBron is superior.

LeBron was not only younger when he scored his 20,000th point, but he also did it faster (in fewer games). The difference is he isn't a ballhog.

An odd opinion considering he never won a game in a Cleveland jersey. Since LeBron joined Miami and got a Laker-caliber cast, here are their teams' records (including postseason play):

Heat= 172-72 (70.5%), includes NBA Championship
Lakers= 134-92 (59.3%)

Good post.

Lot of excellent points made for both guys, but I give the slight edge to Lebron. I'll vote for him.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back