Prime Blachowicz

GOATtalks

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Many on Sherdog are always discrediting Stipe’s, Colby’s and Adesanya’s wins saying they’re only beating up old man.

Jan is 37 years old with 35 pro fights and 14 years fighting professionally. How the fuck he’s still moving, yet alone winning fights? He is definitely washed up by Sherdog standards

MMA is a sport for old men

It takes years to climb the rankings and eventually fight for a title

It's not like a team sport when you start a new season every year

So obviously the 'best fighters' for the most part are older guys that have fought for years to build a résumé

When younger fighters beat other young fighters, they're beating guys that haven't really proved themselves to the masses, therefore the winning fighter barely gets any credit because the other guy they beat hasn't done anything (ie beat a proven 'older' guy)

MMA is a sport for old men

It takes years to climb the rankings and eventually fight for a title

It's not like a team sport when you start a new season every year

So obviously the 'best fighters' for the most part are older guys that have fought for years to build a résumé
There were 2 title fights last yesterday. Both won by the older guy. Why aren’t the young guys beating those old men?

Many on Sherdog are always discrediting Stipe’s, Colby’s and Adesanya’s wins saying they’re only beating up old man.

Jan is 37 years old with 35 pro fights and 14 years fighting professionally. How the fuck he’s still moving, yet alone winning fights? He is definitely washed up by Sherdog standards
he peaked late. My guess, he's on the gear now as oppose to before.

I don't know that to be true. Just a wild guess. In any case, yesterday was a well earned win and poland should be proud.

he peaked late. My guess, he's on the gear now as oppose to before.

I don't know that to be true. Just a wild guess. In any case, yesterday was a well earned win and poland should be proud.
He was KSW champ like 10 years ago. He was also finished a year ago. When did he peak? Yesterday because he won? And if he would’ve lost, he would’ve been washed up?

There were 2 title fights last yesterday. Both won by the older guy. Why aren’t the young guys beating those old men?

Experience, strategy, fight IQ and lack of ego. Lots of things in favor of the older guys.

But once the body starts to really decline it starts negating everything. Hasn't happen for Yan yet but only a matter of time.

He was KSW champ like 10 years ago. He was also finished a year ago. When did he peak? Yesterday because he won? And if he would’ve lost, he would’ve been washed up?
no, not last night. He's won 8 of his last 9 UFC fights. He was 2-4 in his first six fights when he joined the UFC.

Experience, strategy, fight IQ and lack of ego. Lots of things in favor of the older guys.

But once the body starts to really decline it starts negating everything. Hasn't happen for Yan yet but only a matter of time.
I understand that. My point is you can’t discredit someone’s wins just because their opponents were at a certain age.

Like when Stipe beat Werdum, Overeem, Arlovski, JDS they were still very much in their primes.

I understand that. My point is you can’t discredit someone’s wins just because their opponents were at a certain age.

Like when Stipe beat Werdum, Overeem, Arlovski, JDS they were still very much in their primes.

Delusional.

Do you actually watch the fighters, and think "yes, this is how they moved and fought in their primes".
Numerous knockout losses and damage are not real either.

I think it depends on what your strengths are as a fighter.
If you rely on reflexes and speed, like Anderson, the older you get, the worse you are, even with all your experience, which is HUGE in fighting.
But if your strengths have always been technique, timing and power, then you will be even better off when you get older, with all the benefits of experience added.

Last edited:
no, not last night. He's won 8 of his last 9 UFC fights. He was 2-4 in his first six fights when he joined the UFC.
He went to a split decision with Jacare less then a year ago. He’s the same fighter. This prime bullshit is getting ridiculous

Only Werdum and maybe Reem were

LOL @ JDS and specially Arlovski being in their primes. Youd have to be a special kind of retard to believe that

Delusional.

Do you actually watch the fighters, and think "yes, this is how they moved and fought in their primes".
Numerous knockout losses and damage are not real either.
Yes, I look at their performances and their results. They were champions or top contenders at that time for a reason.
Overeem might actually be better now than ever. He discovered defence and fixed his glass jaw

Jans a lion hitting his stride Jones knew he couldn't take the polish power

Only Werdum and maybe Reem were

LOL @ JDS and specially Arlovski being in their primes. Youd have to be a special kind of retard to believe that
Arlovski was on the longest win streak of his career

Yes, I look at their performances and their results. They were champions or top contenders at that time for a reason.
Overeem might actually be better now than ever. He discovered defence and fixed his glass jaw

So you are delusional and blind, got it.

Overeem looked like shit vs nobodies in Sakai and Harris. Looked like crap vs Bigi too.

Overeem was at his best when he was roided and had less than a dozen KO losses.

Honestly, did you even watch the sport before you made this account?

I can safely say I never could have forseen him becoming champ.

It does show LHW takent has decreased though when MWs are better wins for some than LHWs. Weidman, Rockhold, Souza wins mean more at LHW still than wins over Oezdemirs and Andersons.

Back