Prime Anderson Silva is the goat

All of you bringing up roid use will be forever ignored. lol

Jones
MM
Silva
Fedor
GSP

lol @ Rockhold being better than roided Belfort....I could swear those two fought.

Lol Silva fought a skinny Belfort. He didn't fight the Mohawk, try fueled beast.

Rockhold fought that Belfort.

Rockhold and Romero are better fighters than all the guys Silva fought during his reign.

I'd argue that Hendo when he fought Silva was as good as Rockhold and Romero, and Vitor

some MMA Math to support my point:

Romero lost to Feijao and Hendo fought and KO'd Feijao around this time, Feijao KO'd Romero in Romero's last SF fight before he came to the UFC and began smashing fools

Vitor destroyed Rockhold while Anderson KO'd Vitor in "a dominating fashion"

???? Lol Franklin more impressive? Pretty confident Rockhold and Romero would beat the hell out of Rich. That guy was overrated. MW was absolutely terrible when he reigned.

Also, Hendo lost to numerous fighters that were nothing special.
Who did Hendo lose to in his prime that was nothing special? Misaki is about the only one that I can think of and he was actually a solid fighter. Franklin isn't cream of the crop as far as all-time greats go, but he's not overrated. Up until maybe his last fight his losses were only to great fighters.

Who did Hendo lose to in his prime that was nothing special? Misaki is about the only one that I can think of and he was actually a solid fighter. Franklin isn't cream of the crop as far as all-time greats go, but he's not overrated. Up until maybe his last fight his losses were only to great fighters.

Well he got dominated by Ninja Rua and was gifted a decision, hence the moniker Decision Dan Henderson.

Pretty sure Rockhold and Romero would have murdered Ninja.

I'd argue that Hendo when he fought Silva was as good as Rockhold and Romero, and Vitor

some MMA Math to support my point:

Romero lost to Feijao and Hendo fought and KO'd Feijao around this time, Feijao KO'd Romero in Romero's last SF fight before he came to the UFC and began smashing fools

Vitor destroyed Rockhold while Anderson KO'd Vitor in "a dominating fashion"

I still wonder why ppl think the Vitor that fought Silva was remotely the same as the one that fought Luke.

Vitor's physique is hilariously different from the 2 fights.

Lol Silva fought a skinny Belfort. He didn't fight the Mohawk, try fueled beast.

I agree, both were on the gear but trt Belfort had it down to a science. He was koing people with headkicks and imo one of the best fighters of all time.

IMO:

Fedor/Jon Jones for number 1 and 2. Fedor whooped people of all sizes, shapes and levels for 10 years in undefeated fashion. Jon is one of the most talented sun of a guns we've ever seen and his story is still unfinished, so not sure of his spot yet.

Anderson and GSP for 3 and 4, not sure who should be ranked higher. GSP is the more well-rounded fighter while Anderson has that x-factor/killer instinct to finish the fight with one shot.

Jon Jones is a close second. With Fedor and GSP fighting for 3rd place.

No one has looked like they were hacking the matrix the way prime Silva did and no one ever will again. If you missed his UFC run as it happened you can't appreciate the aura he had around him at the time.

Jones, and Silva aren't even in the running. I wish douchebag fans with no morals, would just fuck off.

Rockhold and Romero are better fighters than all the guys Silva fought during his reign.
771919944.gif

Silva+belfort+2.gif

10001720.gif

He was a beast but fought during a weak period during mW history. Also had a glaring hole in his wrestling. Prime Andy would not have looked so great in today's mW division.
I disagree in part. The division has guys like Jacare, Weidman, Rockhold and Romero but most aren't that different from his contemporaries in Maia, Dan Hendo (was pride's welter and Middleweight champ shortly before corresponding to UFC LHW and MW) and Ace Franklin all in their prime. Silva also beat Griffin with absolute ease (he had just lost the light heavyweight title) and Belfort.
In general term the more impressive the opponent the more spectacular he looked.
Silva would have likely beat all of the top dogs of today. In general we take for granted that taking him down was the way to go but for a long time closing the distance on Silva was seen as the wrong move due to his muay thai. A Sonnen on PEDs vs a demotivated, injured Silva trying to make a point did not work (close). While in the second fight with Silva slowing down he got KOd at the first mistake.
That is the legend of the Spider, that while not being a complete fighter as the other greats managed to make a strong claim for the GOAT by destroying the best opposition available at the slightest mistake.
Most fans at the time only thought GSP, Jones or Machida could have beaten him... speaks volumes

I still wonder why ppl think the Vitor that fought Silva was remotely the same as the one that fought Luke.

Vitor's physique is hilariously different from the 2 fights.

physique wasn't all that different in my book, but he was clearly more jacked when he was TRT Vitor, nevertheless he was still very, very dangerous when he fought Anderson

I agree, both were on the gear but trt Belfort had it down to a science. He was koing people with headkicks and imo one of the best fighters of all time.

TRT Belfort may honestly be the best MW we have ever seen, I'd pick him against practically everyone at MW and LHW apart from about 5 fighters

Vitor was on TRT for the fight I think, and he's been popped for roids before, so he may not have been clean regardless.

But that front kick, tho

He's the best ever to be caught roiding for sure.
Fuck off. Only a few jerkoffs who were butthurt when he was dominating, give a shit that he took something when healing from that injury and years after his prime.

GOAT, deal with it.

<{silvanormal}>

Vitor was on TRT for the fight I think, and he's been popped for roids before, so he may not have been clean regardless.

But that front kick, tho

Look at the above gifs just posted. Not even remotely the same fighter. I am actually sick from defending dbags like Romero and Rockhold.

Back