Prime Anderson/prime Rampage vs common LHW opponents

Bias is acting like round 2 of that fight were like round 1 of the 2nd/3rd frankie/Maynard fights.

People act like Forrest was close to stopping Rampage when he wasn't.
He was never close to a finish, and I didn't say or imply he was. But it was the most impactful round of the fight and the most damage done.

Knock downs are flashy and fun to watch, but Page only dropped him twice over two rounds and Forrest recovered instantly each time. There was no round where Forrest was on the defensive the entire time because he was hurt from a strike.

There isn't a good argument to be made that either round Griffin was dropped in was a 10-8. There is a pretty solid argument that if you are dropped and then mounted for an entire round it's a 10-8

Page clearly conceded an entire round because he was too hurt to get out of the bad position he was in. That isn't conjecture either, he said as much in the post fight.

If you don't think that round was a 10-8 then you are terrible at scoring fights. Rampage literally had no offense in the round and was mounted for 4+ minutes. Forrest also had a submission attempt and landed like 70+ strikes. That's domination.
I told you. By yesterday's standards it wasn't obvious. Like i posted the most favorable to Forrest DIDN'T give him a 10-8 that round.

Using today's scoring I would have.

I told you. By yesterday's standards it wasn't obvious. Like i posted the most favorable to Forrest DIDN'T give him a 10-8 that round.

Using today's scoring I would have.

Two of the judges scored it 10-8. How many more strikes would Forrest have to have than Rampage for you to have scored it a 10-8 100 strikes to 0?

If Rampage had landed like 15-20 strikes I might have scored it 10-9 but when you land no offense whatsoever and are mounted for 4+ minutes and your opponent has landed like 70 more strikes than you it's clearly a 10-8.

Two of the judges scored it 10-8. How many more strikes would Forrest have to have than Rampage for you to have scored it a 10-8 100 strikes to 0?

If Rampage had landed like 15-20 strikes I might have scored it 10-9 but when you land no offense whatsoever and are mounted for 4+ minutes and your opponent has landed like 70 more strikes than you it's clearly a 10-8.
People focus on the fact that the strikes weren't heavy. Forrest has zero power. But that's irrelevant given the situation.

Look at Sonnen vs Silva. He punched him all night, and from guard and not the mount, and got some 10-8 rounds simply because Silva had no offense whatsoever.

That is a part of the criteria under the unified rules. You can lose a round 10-8 from multiple near finishes, OR from being dominated the entire round and not landing anything.

Although they are very different rounds, Penn vs fitch round 3 and edgar vs Maynard round 1 are both 10-8 rounds.

prime Rampage picks Anderson up and literally chucks him into the crowd

Agree...

Thought that fight should have resulted in a rematch... one of few that i think warrant an immediate rematch...

Like... why did Cody Garbrandt get an immediate rematch ??

http://www.mmadecisions.com/decision/1040/Forrest-Griffin-vs-Quinton-Jackson

Dude even one of judges, who scored it 49-46. (Which is absurd to me) Forrest, gave him a 10-9 round 2 for Forrest. So clearly it wasn't an obvious 10-8.

It's funny you are using someone's opinion who you do not agree with ... as proof that a round is not 10-8 because you agree with him.
Cherry picking much? Clearly you don't value this judge's opinion. You then use the one time you agree with him as proof that you are correct.

Back