Prime Anderson/prime Rampage vs common LHW opponents

The hell? Shogun and Forrest have literally only lost fights via punches to the face or the odd standing submission. What jibberish are you even talking about?
Forget about the fact that Forrest weighs like 30 pounds more than Anderson.

It's embarrassing you seem to think Anderson, Shogun, and Forrest are even the same kind of fighter to begin with lol

Its embarrassing thats what you got out of my post.

Rampage would of been a nightmare match up for Anderson!

Absolutely, Rampage up till 2007 would have been an awful match up for Anderson. I think he would have TKO/KOed Anderson with GnP like Liddell.

Rampage wasn't in his prime for Rashad. His prime ended with the Hendo fight, he never used his wrestling since that fight(probably due to injuries).

So Rampages prime is when he ... wasnt champ and was getting murdered by Wanderlei Silva who also has crappy takedown defense?

So Rampages prime is when he ... wasnt champ and was getting murdered by Wanderlei Silva who also has crappy takedown defense?

Yes, I would say Rampage's prime was 2002-2007 and Wanderlei's TDD wasn't close to crappy, his TDD was like 75%.

It's not impossible to lose in your prime, especially when you face other all time great fighters in theirs.

Do you really think Rampage got better when he started having more injury problems and became more one dimentional?

And both were stinkers. Maybe there’s a reason why Anderson didn’t fight many fellow black guys

They all suck. These guys Anderson beat were so bad, even you could beat them up.

Anderson only beat a bunch of amateurs.

LOL at people saying rampage was robbed against griffin. Griffin puts hands and legs on that dude. Aside from that 1 uppercut and some GNP, Forrest controlled a 5 rd fight mostly contested on the feet.
Never understood the controversy around that fight. Forrest outpointed AND out damaged him, and had him mounted for an entire round.

Yes Forrest was a bum. Rampage knocked him down in the first round and one judge gave it to griffin. It should have clearly been a 10-8 for Rampage as the fifth should have been a 10-8 for griffin. Rampage had him on skates a couple of times if I remember correctly. Maybe bum is a tad too harsh but that’s all i’ll Give him. It was a long time ago and I’ll admit I haven’t seen it in ages. The last time I felt a particular fight was a robbery somebody called me out on it, I rewatched the fight and flipped my opinion. I don’t think that’ll happen this time though.
Edit: stop trying to pretend that those three opinions are ALL of the media. And even by the numbers you provided 4 out of the 6 say rampage should have kept his title, so yeah let’s go with your stats. Thanks
This isn't boxing. Every knock down doesn't guarantee a 10-8 and that has literally never been the case with mma scoring.

This isn't boxing. Every knock down doesn't guarantee a 10-8 and that has literally never been the case with mma scoring.
Well it’s a good thing I never said that then right? In The post after I said back then it was easiER to get a 10-8 round.

Hendo vs Rampage is one of the most underrated fights in UFC history.

The judges robbed Rampage. Even Forrest was surprised to hear his announced.

Well it’s a good thing I never said that then right? In The post after I said back then it was easiER to get a 10-8 round.
Even back then 10-8s were normally reserved for one sided domination or violent near finishes.

He dropped Forrest a couple times in that fight but he recovered well and never spent an entire round getting beat up. The way Rampage did when Forrest nearly stopped him with leg kicks and mounted him for an entire round.

Forrest has a far better argument for a 10-8 in that fight than Rampage does. Forrest controlled the pace of that fight and did more damage.

Rampage doesn't have better striking at all. He got okay boxing and decent power, but he's way too heavy on his feet(not light on his feet) and way too slow with his footwork. Weidman on other hand is much lighter on feet, has good in and out movement and is very good at getting out of danger or strikes with his footwork. Weidman boxing technically is also better, and is much more accurate and calculated with his strikes.

LOL
Rampage in his prime, can fight for 3-5 rounds at a decent pace.
Weidman can fight for 5 minutes at a decent pace, before he needs to rely on acts of God in order to win.

Yes, I would say Rampage's prime was 2002-2007 and Wanderlei's TDD wasn't close to crappy, his TDD was like 75%.

It's not impossible to lose in your prime, especially when you face other all time great fighters in theirs.

Do you really think Rampage got better when he started having more injury problems and became more one dimentional?

Wanderlei's takedown defense vs former Japanese pro wrasslers affects that percentage.

How was Wanderlei's takedown defense vs strong grapplers like Arona or Tito?

I think Rampage was at his best in his first UFC run. He solidified his boxing and his overall gameplan.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NiTrok
Back