Pretty trippy thought about Jon Jones...

Werdum is the baddest man on the planet. He would sub the shit out of Jones.

Cain would maybe beat Jones.

And Gus too, obviously.

Werdum could beat Jones, but I think Jones wins that fight 7/10x.

Cain ain't the se anymore, so sadly to say, I think Jones whoops him now.

Gimme a break with Gus. How much you wanna bet, Jones would maul that ass horribly in a rematch.

tumblr_n91dckr6nG1tfrx5ho1_400.gif

6'8" 290

Huge Jones fan, but...

Gus gave him a nasty beating, that was hard to watch.
At the time, most people thought Gus got robbed in the decision (remember how Jones got booed?), even if IMHO it was the perfect definition of a draw.

Until he rematches Gus and beat him convincingly, I don't think he can beat the best HWs in the UFC.

There is also the scandal surrounding the extremely bizarre levels of testosterone found in his body during his surprise drug test...

Not to mention, his constant resorting to eyepokes. It's unbelievable...
Jones is good, no doubt, but he mostly beat washed up undersized former greats like Shogun or Rampage, and, while Jones is basically a HW, he defended his titles against several MWs in Vitor (who almost finished him), Chael and Machida (who, despite being severely out-sized, managed to win the 1st round).

He also beat LHW Cormier, who is a completely different beast than HW Cormier.
If that rematch has to happen, it would be awesome if it was at HW this time.

Time to pick on guys your own size, big guy. When you see what Gus did to him, it's scary to imagine the hospital pictures of Jones after fights with guys like JDS, Werdum, Cain, etc...

But first try to stay out of prison, plenty of guys would fuck him up one-on-one there...
Imagine Aleksander Emelianenko as Jones's cellmate. Aleks would made him his prag Oz-style in a matter of minutes.

Huge Jones fan, but gotta keep it real.

RF

Boy there are some numb nuts making threads on Sherdog! Jones would get wiped out by Junior, Stipe, Werdum, Travis Browne, Overeem and others. He has only eked out decisions over Cormier, Gus, Rashad and Glover. So stop elevating him to a status way beyond what he should be. Apart from Gus, Jones is always the largest fighter in the cage.
Jones could not even beat Lesnar.

everyone you listed has gotten smashed

jones always won and it was only close once...

Gimme a break with Gus. How much you wanna bet, Jones would maul that ass horribly in a rematch.

I'd bet my account against yours. Gus gave him the beating of his life, a boxing clinic and even took him down at will, while Gus tanked Jones's best shots and avoided almost all of his eyepokes (his ultimate weapon).
Jones couldn't even get out of the octagon by himself and was rushed to the hospital ASAP.

Why are you denying this?

Christ some of you people are dumb. Can you imagine what an amazing thing for Jones' career and legacy it would be to be a two-division champ? If it were so easy and inevitable for him to beat oh-every-heavyweight-ever, he would have already gone up and done so, current hiatus notwithstanding. If he's waiting to put on some solid weight to move up permanently, well and good, but we're talking about his current incarnation, not a hypothetical one that we have never even seen.

I got rhonda over jones in a no holds barr situation.

JJ is a beast , but the Octagon has rules, I think if he was fighting, even a prime Bas Rutten he might lose. or Atilla the hun, or someone in Genghis Khans army, rules and unarmed combat are for sport compared to actual warriors.

And Alexander Karelin looked like a beast as well, until you actually saw footage of him in a "real" MMA match (was actually fake, but real blows). The guy threw "punches" like a complete amatuer, and really wasn't even punching. He slapped.

Just because you're a beast at grappling, doesn't mean a damn thing. Can you take a lunch/kick. Deliver a punch/kick. Defend a punch/kick. Not flinch, be able to transition from striking to grappling, be aware at all times, etc.

But Werdum would probably beat him , just waiting for someone to throw an uppercut and try to break his fingers when he eye pokes.

I'd bet my account against yours. Gus gave him the beating of his life, a boxing clinic and even took him down at will, while Gus tanked Jones's best shots and avoided almost all of his eyepokes (his ultimate weapon).
Jones couldn't even get out of the octagon by himself and was rushed to the hospital ASAP.

Why are you denying this?

Took him down at will? Beating of a life time. Gimme a break. DC clearly hit him with the harder strikes that ACTUALLY "stunned" Jones or got more of his attention.

Jones was walking home down the entire time for God's sake. Stop overeating that close fight.

A lot of people thought he won, because they don't know how to judge a fight, and did you not see all the press rosw scores, from credible MMA analysts, and journalists. Probbsly like 1 or 2 people gave it to Gus.

Joe Rogan made people believe the fight was sooo close. In reality, Jones clearly won the fight. Rogan does that for a ton of fights. Just like how he called the Aldo/Frankie fight close towards the end, even though Aldo was still winning.

And if you heard him during fight companion for Aldo/Mendes 2, it was laughable. He had the fight a damn draw going into the 5th.

Let's be real, the people that thought Gus won, are Gus fans or Jones haters. Be real with yourself.

He could. But I see him having problems with a lot of HW MMA fighters especially a guy like Werdum would dominate him. Or Miocic, JDS. Even Cain would give him a tougher fight than DC gave him.

JJ is a beast , but the Octagon has rules, I think if he was fighting, even a prime Bas Rutten he might lose. or Atilla the hun, or someone in Genghis Khans army, rules and unarmed combat are for sport compared to actual warriors.

Imagine if Jones tripped you on your head against concrete or tossed you into a wall. Bad Rutten was an absolute beast in his prime, but Jones is much more technical, and his grappling would wear Bad out quickly.

umm...pretty sure THIS guy is the greatest fighter of all time in regards to teh deadly arts.

Steven-Seagal-dancing.gif

Dude I dont think its fair to bring him up.
Its like bringing a tank to a knife fight.

i believe jones could beat manbearpig even, possibly a greek god as well
but...
Ronda could prolly beat jones given the proper circumstances

ha ha ha ha ha ha the rhonda thing is perfect seeing everybodys riding her nuts lol

And Alexander Karelin looked like a beast as well, until you actually saw footage of him in a "real" MMA match (was actually fake, but real blows). The guy threw "punches" like a complete amatuer, and really wasn't even punching. He slapped.

Just because you're a beast at grappling, doesn't mean a damn thing. Can you take a lunch/kick. Deliver a punch/kick. Defend a punch/kick. Not flinch, be able to transition from striking to grappling, be aware at all times, etc.

Lol dont use a fake fight as proof of anything.

Karelin would mop the floor with JBJ.

Probably. But it won't be like this for a long time. And he might have some trouble with some guys in HW like Werdum.

Lol dont use a fake fight as proof of anything.

Karelin would mop the floor with JBJ.

Lmao, on what planet? DC is an Olympian also (in a far better wrestling base for MMA, might I add), and couldn't take him down for nothing, because wrestling is not MMA.

Brute strength, and grappling ability used to get you to the mountain top back then, but now, you have killers that have wrestling, and have the body type for fighting, the skills, and the incredibly fast adaptation skills to learn the non stop amount of twhcniqurs it takes to become the champ.

Kareling was the master of GRECO WRESTLING. I bolded that, because freestyle is far better for MMA, but he's not an a tual fighter.

Struve would KO Jones 99.999999-100 times. See the gustafsson fight for what happens when Jones fought a guy his same age and size.

Struve doesnt even use his long reach effectively. That coupled with not being nearly as athletic or fast as Jon...naw. Jon 100 of 100

You're overestimating Jones so much! Halfway through the first sentence and I was laughing my ass off. Bas was powerful and Jones couldn't throw bas as many times as you like to think.

He wouldn't even have to throw bad numerous times. In a real.life setting, and on a hard surface, it would only take one head dump, and Bad might die.

Hell, Jones only needs 1 TD, and those hellbows are flying, and getting blood everywhere. Imagine Jones hell bowing you with no ref around. He could literally kill all his opponents.

Back