Pressing advice?

iama

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Hi guys most of you know me as the guy with cobra traps who shrugs too much but this thread isnt about shrug importance

So my Bench and my OHP are both weak wheras my Rowing and Pulling is all pretty solid. Usually I go 5x5 this works well for my lifts but my Bench and OHP are not good. So I ask you any ideas what can I do to speed up my progress in these areas? So you know I have quite long arms some people have suggested thats why I struggle.

Hi guys most of you know me as the guy with cobra traps who shrugs too much but this thread isnt about shrug importance

So my Bench and my OHP are both weak wheras my Rowing and Pulling is all pretty solid. Usually I go 5x5 this works well for my lifts but my Bench and OHP are not good. So I ask you any ideas what can I do to speed up my progress in these areas? So you know I have quite long arms some people have suggested thats why I struggle.

Generally improving the strict press will require you to press more. The bench might be various things, Technique, Programming, strength or just leverages like you said.

For technique
[YT]EHx1gYTA-Rw[/YT]

For programming refer to the FAQS.

For strength refer to all the above and work on it.

For leverages, dunno. Do whatever you can with it.

Cant post a form check I use 3310 (uk) no camera bro

Generally improving the strict press will require you to press more. The bench might be various things, Technique, Programming, strength or just leverages like you said.

For technique
[YT]EHx1gYTA-Rw[/YT]

For programming refer to the FAQS.

For strength refer to all the above and work on it.

For leverages, dunno. Do whatever you can with it.

Thanks bruh

Thanks bruh

No problem. I just want to add that's a five part series. Just search for the others they're all from elitefts.

I think that like the press, bench is best trained more often. Not necessarily as often as the press, but you should be doing it more than once a week. You might want to prioritize one or the other, at least for a while.

I think that like the press, bench is best trained more often. Not necessarily as often as the press, but you should be doing it more than once a week. You might want to prioritize one or the other, at least for a while.

I was thinking of this would you suggest cutting one out completely for a while, or simply concentrating on one and getting some practice with the other?

He (dave tate) says something about being more explosive than strong or vice versa and hindering your bench if you aint lifting right. In all honesty with bench I just pick that shit up and press it I NEVER think about this stuff. It almost has me worried that I am hindering my strength because my bench has always been poor.

This is just my personal experience and I don't know if it is standard but my presses tend to follow one another.

Are you still following this routine?

My routine is as follows...

Mon: Overhead shrugs-power shrugs-farmers walks
Tue: Ju Jitsu
Wed: cleans-db shrugs
Thu: Ju Jitsu
Fri:Overhead shrugs-power shrugs- farmers walks/ Ju Jitsu
Sat:Sleep
Sun:Sleep

Get your base solid. I know on the press if I don't get my legs and core feeling solid the whole press is weak.

Back