• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Press: Conor McGregor uses homophobic slur in conversation with teammate at UFC Gdansk

Dammit, Randy slipped on that friggin Xyience sign or he could have won the third fight !!!!
After slipping he just went with it and went forward and Chuck caught him.
Randy should have taken a step back and reset. Dammit !!

So fucking what? I've said :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: a couple of times myself but i have nothing against gay ppl. Stop reaching

Floyd called Conor a f*gg*t during the last press conference they had which was in a boxing ring in the UK. No one said anything about that or even noticed.
We all laughed because Floyd was right on the money.

Kannaway_Breaking-News.jpg

This is barely registering on social media and those folks are quite often offended by their own shadow. This is nothing.

Fixed it for you.

God help me if :eek::eek::eek: becomes the next N word. Or have we reached the point where only the LGBT community is allowed to say.

Fuck em, all you shertards are :eek::eek::eek:s!

fucking :eek::eek::eek:s everywhere getting offended by everything

So far I haven't seen any group that was offended. Just MMA media saying they might be.

That was my point about clicks & retweets
They are not reporting on a story yet, but an admitted potential story.

Same difference. The reason everyone's assuming they're offended is because they always are. Hordes of people, homos and non-homos alike, always get up in arms over someone using the word because they think it unequivocally has to do with bashing homosexuals.

It was a private conversation...no one should be offended.

Floyd called Conor a f*gg*t during the last press conference they had which was in a boxing ring in the UK. No one said anything about that or even noticed.
Black people can't be homophobes. To affirm they are is racist.

<{danayeah}><{hughesimpress}>

You must have mistaken the streets for the cage. If someone like Conor ever got into a real situation in the streets there’s two things that could happen. One, he gets jumped and gets his ass beat into a coma, or two he gets shot to death. I’m not gonna go out of my way to start shit with a professional athlete, but if they fuck around and try to attack me I’m emptying an entire magazine into their head and chest.
So you talk shit to a pro athlete in real life, he attacks you, and your reaction is to shoot the guy?

again, you're the one missing the point. just because some people say 'oh it means whimp' doesn't mean the reference to homosexuality is erased magically.

at the very best, there's ambiguity as to whether to user of the word used it to refer to homosexuals, or that he meant whimp.

but then you have to try and remember that it means 'weak person' BECAUSE it is a reference to homosexuals.

that being said, i don't feel like outraging over people using words. they're words and it's okay to criticize and educate but i don't feel like causing a scene over it.

the misinformation is worse.

You can choose to interpret it that way if you wish, but your interpretation is wrong. Many who use the word aren't even thinking of homosexuals when they utter it. It's up to you all to educate yourselves and condition your brains (tiny as they may be) so stop always thinking of homos just because someone uses the word.

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/10...te-artem-lobov-ufc-gdansk-andre-fili-mma-news

Conor McGregor uses homophobic slur in conversation with teammate at UFC Gdansk

UFC lightweight champ Conor McGregor could be in hot water.
by Nick Baldwin@NickBaldwinMMA Oct 21, 2017, 6:39pm EDT

McGregor, the UFC lightweight champion and MMA’s biggest star, talked to “The Russian Hammer” backstage after Lobov’s dominant loss to featherweight Andre Fili at the event, showing support for his SBG Ireland training partner. But while doing so, “The Notorious” used the word “f-gg-t” three times — presumably referring to Lobov’s opponent — as shown in two clips below. (The first video was uploaded by BT Sport UFC’s Twitter account but promptly deleted. A different clip was also uploaded, then deleted, by the UFC’s official Twitter account.)

while I think this was blown up just because it is Conor, one got to think about it while taking a step back.

This is a fight. Curses are not exactly directed at the person, but the "opponent".
IMO this should be a non-issue unless they are talking in front of the intended target.

but while I think this is a non-issue, I have to wonder if this would be a non issue if it was someone else.
After all, we are talking about a company that fired a fighter for smoking weed (while he had the card and could legally do it) while others (more famous weed smokers) do not get penalized for it.
And let us not forget that the company continues employing a fighter who got caught doing coke, and that incredibly didn't get penalized for it.

So my only beef with this, is the hypocrisy of it all.
If one fighter gets into trouble, all should.
At the same time, if someone is allowed to do such things (i.e. curse, smoke weed or do coke), all others should.
Because false moralism is the worse message here IMO.

only a fuckin f a g g o t gets mad when someone says f a g g o t (suck my dick you sjw sherdog f a g g o t s)

also cant say :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:. It's not even a with a hard r.. still can't say :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: and :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: in 2017 on an internet forum

Gay people don't care

so what are we worried about lol

Black people can't be homophobes. To affirm they are is racist.

<{danayeah}><{hughesimpress}>
Exactly. All we have to do is ignore all exit polls from gay marriage initiatives which shows that some minorities (blacks and hispanics) typically are more likely to oppose gay rights. As you said, if you can't completely ignore that then you are a racist.

Back