• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

President Trump: I wouldn't have appointed Sessions if I knew he'd recuse himself on Russia

i still don't get what you're saying.

The President can pardon himself "before" leaving office, for actions occurring at any time period.

"before"

He can't pardon himself for something he hasn't been convicted of because prior to a conviction, there's no crime. But if removed from office before a conviction then his pardon power disappears before he can use it on himself. He can't preemptively pardon himself before a conviction because there's nothing to pardon.

only Trump has the power to revoke it.

most likely he'll just pardon a bunch of people, and still get re-elected.

the normal rules of politics just don't apply.

Democrats haven't won any congressional elections, since November 2016.
I don't think his being reelected is a sure thing. Look at his approval ratings.

the bottomline is Trump caused all of his problems himself.

if he had just fired all of the political DOJ appointees, and Comey on January 20, none of this would be happening.

The truth is,

If Trump and his team did that they wouldn't know who to replace them all with because they're dangerously incompetent.

Over what? So, every time the left has a tantrum, Sessions should stand to the side like Bernie Sanders at a BLM rally? Oh' yeah, I want that guy.

I don't see your point here.

It's hard to see his point when the first thing you do when you wake up is pull wool over your eyes.

I don't think his being reelected is a sure thing. Look at his approval ratings.

Look at the percentage of people who actually vote, and realize that nation wide approval ratings are mostly irrelevant come election season.

I think it's more that he can't be charged with a crime as opposed to him pardoning himself. Interesting to wonder what would happen if Jr., Manafort, Flynn, Kushner, etc. get convicted and he just pardons them.

he would pardon most of these people before they were convicted.

He can't pardon himself for something he hasn't been convicted of because prior to a conviction, there's no crime.

He can't preemptively pardon himself before a conviction because there's nothing to pardon.

this is wrong.

It's so hilarious that butt hurt liberals still think Trump is just an idiot with an out of control ego. How long does he have to play you for fools? When will you learn That he's not dumb and that he's actually getting things done?
So he's only pretending to be an egotistical idiot to get all of his ??? done?

makes no sense.

all they need to do is fire Rosenstein, & then eventually whoever is next in line, will fire Mueller.
I think Nixon had to fire 2 people before someone without integrity followed his orders to fire the investigator. And then he had to resign or face certain impeachment. These are Presidents not Monarchs.

I think Nixon had to fire 2 people before someone without integrity followed his orders to fire the investigator. And then he had to resign or face certain impeachment. These are Presidents not Monarchs.
What is it with these Americans arguing for Special Presidential Snowflake Stupidity Protection?

So you want a stupid man to tear apart our justice system because they might have the gal to look into his misdeeds?
I don't think they'll find anything other than collusion if it happened. I doubt he was laundering money or something like that and have run for President thinking he wouldn't be under greater scrutiny.

I don't think they'll find anything other than collusion if it happened. I doubt he was laundering money or something like that and have run for President thinking he wouldn't be under greater scrutiny.

Then he should just release his tax returns if he has nothing to hide.

So you want a stupid man to tear apart our justice system because they might have the gal to look into his misdeeds?

i want them to stop improper activity using the Constitution.

meaning impeachment, or an action before the Supreme Court.

special prosecutors and/or independent counsels are not constitutional, in my opinion.

this is wrong.

Source your position.

Do you know what a pardon is? A pardon is when you take a conviction and then you wipe it out as if the conviction never happened. A commutation is when you take a conviction and you reduce the assigned penalty but you don't wipe out the conviction itself.

Prior to a conviction, the investigators can drop the investigation. Or they can choose not to bring charges at all.

Back