• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

President Trump: I wouldn't have appointed Sessions if I knew he'd recuse himself on Russia

"Sessions should have never recused himself, and if he was going to recuse himself, he should have told me before he took the job and I would have picked somebody else," Trump said.

"How do you take a job and then recuse yourself? If he would have recused himself before the job, I would have said 'thanks, Jeff, but I'm not going to take you," he continued. "It's extremely unfair - and that's a mild word - to the president."

Also, goes into Mueller and says he felt Comey was holding dossier over him.

How do you recuse yourself from a job that you don't yet hold? Does Sessions have a time machine?

This jpeg needs to be shooped:
aGRN9RG_700b.jpg

Also does he admit the Brit dossier is fact? I mean if Comey told him to hold it over him to keep his job - isn't the fact that Trump saw it as a threat mean that parts of it must in fact be true? If there was nothing to it than it would be shitty blackmailing tool.

So the FBI is blackmailing the President with information received from a foreign source? That sounds problematic.

The plot continues to thicken.
We've gone from soup to stew consistency imo.

Stone soup would be a good replacement for the way overdone (and dry) "nothingburger."

Last edited:
I like where he said he talked to Putin about adoption.

Probably not the right time to try and be cute mr president.

I like where he said he talked to Putin about adoption.

Probably not the right time to try and be cute mr president.
He's too stupid to realize what he's even joking about. He probably really thinks Donnie Jr was talking about adoptions and not "adoptions".

And???

Seriously, who cares? You're making it sound sinister, when it's just honest. Sounds to me like Trump likes his AG's to have a spine, when their feet are held to the fire by his political opposition.

The fact that Trump would openly say this, should worry Dems. He clearly still feels that there is nothing to this.

Reminder. Trump regularly cuts down and will mock many of the people close to him. No matter how loyal. Often completely blind siding them. Often over something small. Lots of stories of this happening.
Thing is they certainly would look at all the Trump WH/Campaign connected family members finances. They're looking potentially for bribes and pay-offs. And once they start down the Trump family finances rabbit hole, well they don't look the other way if they find illegalities not in any way connected to Russian Campaign/Election issue any more than a police officer investigating a noise complaint looks the other way when they stumble upon your massive grow op.
This very much verifies the "fakenews" about trump thinking about firing Mueller. He's obviously thought about it.

turns out he wasnt under FBI investigation the whole time he was accused of it

(hope someone sceencaps my posts in case theyre dumped)
Cool. Then why does everyone around him lie about everything all the time?

Basically he wanted the AG to cover his ass on this. This is he could fire Sessions tomorrow, hire a new AG, and that AG could fire Mueller etc.

Also does he admit the Brit dossier is fact? I mean if Comey told him to hold it over him to keep his job - isn't the fact that Trump saw it as a threat mean that parts of it must in fact be true? If there was nothing to it than it would be shitty blackmailing tool.

This might be my favorite part -
Asked if Mr. Mueller’s investigation would cross a red line if it expanded to look at his family’s finances beyond any relationship to Russia, Mr. Trump said, “I would say yes.” He would not say what he would do about it. “I think that’s a violation. Look, this is about Russia.”
And Bill's office blowie was uncovered by the Whitewater investigation. The investigation follows any illegality it finds over the course of the initial investigation. And Trump and family finances will certainly be fair game in the initial Russia investigation because they'll look for potential bribery and pay-offs.

Also given he'd never have hired Sessions - what does that say about his current choice for FBI? Is he choosing him because he's going to cover for Trump? Is that what Trump expect from all his appointees? Complete loyalty? Isn;'t that what Comey charged and Rodgers and Coats chose not to answer about?

don't listen to idiots on here when they say the dossier is a confirmed fake. Significant pieces of it have been substantiated.

Over what? So, every time the left has a tantrum, Sessions should stand to the side like Bernie Sanders at a BLM rally? Oh' yeah, I want that guy.
Judges and government justice officials recusing themselves is a storied tradition intended to protect government from corruption. It's the same reason that criminal judges will recuse themselves from trying a case if it involves someone they personally know.

Yes, you want that guy. It's a pity you lack the spine to stand apart from Trump in order to see that.
I don't see your point here.
The point is that it's impossible to recuse yourself from a position you don't hold.

Furthermore, Sessions probably didn't count on the press outing the inappropriate contact he held with Russian foreign government officials like Kislyak. Spare me the "what is inappropriate about them?" If he didn't think they were inappropriate, then he wouldn't have taken care to omit them from his security clearance forms.

It makes it tough to foresee the necessity of recusing yourself when you don't plan to get caught in the first place. Apparently Trump is raging about having to adapt to all these new lies.

So the FBI is blackmailing the President with information received from a foreign source? That sounds problematic.

That should be investigated. Another case of Trump talkimg shit without realizing he's more than a bozo reality star now, imo

And???

Seriously, who cares? You're making it sound sinister, when it's just honest. Sounds to me like Trump likes his AG's to have a spine, when their feet are held to the fire by his political opposition.

The fact that Trump would openly say this, should worry Dems. He clearly still feels that there is nothing to this.
Right on time to defend another stupid thing your great leader said.

Back