President of WSOF, Ray Sefo, does not agree with allowing Jones to fight at UFC 182

Fighter123

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Ray Sefo, the president of the WSOF, would not have let Jon Jones fight in UFC 182 if he were the UFC president.

"If one of my fighters had tested positive...he wouldn't have fought that fight," Sefo said in a recent press conference.

So, do you think Sefo really means what he says, or is he just posturing against the UFC?

Your thoughs?

didnt he just sign one of the biggest scumbags in mma who was coked up and waving a gun around? he should not be talking

The test results weren't announced until after the fight had happened.

So unless you can force the commission into revealing those details, good luck.

the president of a competing organization doesn't think the biggest star in his sport should compete for the biggest org in his sport? tell me more!

Ray Sefo is the President of wsof?

If WSOF had an event the size of Jones/Cormier on the line, something tells me that Sefo wouldn't have allowed an out of comp. test for cocaine to derail said event.

To cancel an event over coke use seems even more drastic than doing coke.

As Dana and the commission said, they could and probably would have been sued by Jones and his team if they didn't allow him to fight.

For a positive test a month before the event, sure that's believable.

Considering that WSOF recently signed Thiago Silva, Sefo is full of more shit than a restroom at the Ex-Lax RnD lab.

the president of a competing organization doesn't think the biggest star in his sport should compete for the biggest org in his sport? tell me more!

Exactly. I'm sure his struggling org wants to stay true to its morals more than make money.

Absolutely. I'm going with moral code for the win.

You guys realize we live in the world, right??

Ray Sefo, the president of the WSOF, would not have let Jon Jones fight in UFC 182 if he were the UFC president.

"If one of my fighters had tested positive...he wouldn't have fought that fight," Sefo said in a recent press conference.

So, do you think Sefo really means what he says, or is he just posturing against the UFC?

Your thoughs?

I agree with Ray Sefo.... but he can expect a call from Uncle Dana.

[YT]DHn96ZOWE1w[/YT]

Sefo is just a puppet president IMO, I don't think he has the authority to even do something like that.

My favorite is he was on Ariel's show going on and on about not signing this fighter because of sexual assault and then Ariel points out Devin Cole is headlining his next show and the reason he was cut from the UFC is his old sexual assault charge...he just was like "Hmmm I'll have to check into that." Lol

Pretty hypocritical statement on the surface but, being on a drug like cocaine does compromise ones ability to think clearly and in the grand scheme, it inhibits physical performance. Still, Sefo can't make that statement without being privy to the test results so it really doesn't matter what he says lol. Plus, you can't control the commission unless their hands are in your pocket anyway.

Back