Preparing for Boxing

MCanavan6

White Belt
Reaction score
As of now I am too far away from a good quality gym until I head back to school in the fall (September). So in preparation for boxing I would like to know what workouts would be best suited to condition me and build up my endurance. Thanks

Well this isn't the conditioning forum, in case you didn't notice. But nevertheless, if you want a weight circuit that will build your endurance, you could try something like randy couture's
YouTube - Randy Couture workout UFC MMA

That, or something like it, is probably helpful for the muscular endurance you'll need in boxing. Now I expect a mod to move this to conditioning, where you'll get better answers than mine.

What level of experience do you have in lifting to begin with?

Well this isn't the conditioning forum, in case you didn't notice. But nevertheless, if you want a weight circuit that will build your endurance, you could try something like randy couture's
YouTube - Randy Couture workout UFC MMA

That, or something like it, is probably helpful for the muscular endurance you'll need in boxing. Now I expect a mod to move this to conditioning, where you'll get better answers than mine.

They're actually called Complexes and they are fantastic conditioning and muscular endurance tool for any sport. I do them with my regular lifting, running and Tabatas. This will put you in great physical condition and more than ready for boxing. Plus your trainer will have you do rope skipping, working bag, focus mitts, and sparring.

Back