• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Prem League Thread 2020/21 V11: All I Want For Christmas is a 442 Edition

Do you wish your fellow prem threaders a Merry Christmas?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Let's be honest, this is 10x worse than what Cavani did with potentially far worse consequences, both in footballing terms and real life.

No doubt they'll play the ignorance card.

Kick these ruddy foreigners out to their 3rd world countries. Brexit means Brexit!!!!!11!!!

Robbie Savage should know better.

Meanwhile Mourinho whines about last minute Covid cancellation of Spurs's last match (having already broken the rules earlier in the year, himself).

Last edited:
I didn’t want to get hopeful about the league too early but now, it’s a possibility.
Remember early in the season it was the Spurshit or Chelsea with a squad full of stars to challenge Liverpool.

I sense a difference this time in the squad, the urgency and desire to win and not give up till the end not seen since Fergie. They’ve pulled off win, particularly impressive away wins, where they would normally crumble and drop points. Only downer this time has been dropping points late to Leicester and losing to a relegation bound Arsenal team, everything else has been flawless so far. The defending in late stages to keep the lead and the drive to go forward score to gain the lead was not visible in the previous squads. Given their performance, United’s justified position should be clear top of the table. So far they’ve been the best team this season.

I believe they can go all the way. I know the guys and Ole, whom I never doubted, will get it done this time. Title 21 for 2021.
We're going to do it! 21 for '21!

Can you name another time a shot "at" goal from near the box ended as a throw in for the defending team?
LMAO @ that whiff by Leeds striker.
They're dominating the pace but fucking up all the technical executions.

Tottenham manager Jose Mourinho to BT Sport: "The three points are very important. I think we understood well how they could hurt us and how we could hurt them. In that aspect I am happy but I still think we can and have to do better."

On Harry Kane and Son Heung-min's partnership: "Of course, the understanding is good and against Leeds it was important to have that ability in attack. They stay man-to-man so if you stay static you give them an easy job. That movement of Harry Kane and Sonny in the finishing positions fit well.
"I think in the Premier League there are many good players everywhere even in clubs where you don't believe they can have great players. But I have to say that Sonny and Harry are doing special things this season.

"I want goals coming from other players and I want them to feel like they can express themselves. We had Toby [Alderweireld] of course in set-plays. We have played in other positions to score. We have players from other positions appearing in finishing positions which is what I want from them."

On 'easier' fixtures: "When we played the people who are considered the top six people say easier games are coming but I of course don't believe it. Leeds are difficult and Aston Villa is my favourite team in the Premier League at the moment. I enjoy watching them, they have good players and very well coached. This is up next."

On games getting cancelled for Covid-19: "I go back to the initial rules of if you have 14 players available you have to play. I don't see another reason for not doing it. I think every club does the best for their players to keep them all safe but then there are moments in private lives which you cannot control. Not everyone can be blamed so we have to carry on. If somebody has some positives, we have to play."

<{Fergie}>

Good game last night, Villa are a very admirable team - they don't park the bus at all, they have a good ol' go at whoever they face.

Crucial 3pts - we're just too inconsistent though to mount an actual title challenge, in my opinion. I could see us finishing 2nd though, albeit quite far off the top.

Good win for Spurs earlier too.

Sheffield really screwed the pooch not sacking wilder a month and a half ago. Loyalty punishes you in the prem

Also they got hoodwinked by signing that Brewster kid from Pool, what a CAN

Sheffield really screwed the pooch not sacking wilder a month and a half ago. Loyalty punishes you in the prem

Also they got hoodwinked by signing that Brewster kid from Pool, what a CAN
Liverpool somehow sell all their shit for huge money, Jordan ibe for 20m too. Overrated dogshit plsyers

Liverpool somehow sell all their shit for huge money, Jordan ibe for 20m too. Overrated dogshit plsyers

Imagine being a club overpaying for players like that lol

Pepe_1045x658.jpg

Nearly 58k covid cases and 445 deaths in the past 24 hours in the UK. Grimmm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back