• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Prem Fred 2019 v.4: High Pressing My Depression, or How I Learned to Love the 'Za

Quickest Drop Off?

• United's Fullbacks

• Chelsea's Press

• Kane's Hamstring

• Chules' Study Rate

• Pukki's Scoring Rate

• Liverpool's Backline

• Auba's Hairline

• Brighton's Manager

• Sterling's Lack of Racial Abuse on Twitter

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was kinda suprise move to everyone though, still fighting England (who was supported by USA). Also the soviet intelligence at the time gave conflicting information when or if Germany attacks.
After 2 different dates when Germany was supposed to attack, it did look like they would not attack and some real information got lost in russian bureaucracy, its easy to fall into the trap.
It's not just that he didn't know the date of Barbarossa, that is understandable. It's that he never suspected it at all, and if he did it was way too late. He wasn't even prepared and got saved by the winter and the Germans fighting on multiple fronts.

had to change it, fuck having them bozos as my AV
you make something for that shoop contest? saw a notifcation for it today

you make something for that shoop contest? saw a notifcation for it today
nah

I entered but didn't have time to do anything to the standard that i was happy with

It's not just that he didn't know the date of Barbarossa, that is understandable. It's that he never suspected it at all, and if he did it was way too late. He wasn't even prepared and got saved by the winter and the Germans fighting on multiple fronts.
They had ehough troops (numbers wise). So Soviets didn't rule out an invasion, just that they were hoping to avoid it for being due being behind tecnology wise and Stalin getting rid of most army leadership during the 30's.

Then as far the day of attack, Soviets had instructions not to attack Germans. Furthermore while numbers wise it was even match, germans could deal massive strikes in small sections of the border and russians had to guard over 600 miles. Add that Luftwaffe got first strike in with Red Army Airforce not knowing what was happening.

Apart from Stalin's purges, cant blame him too much. He knew Soviet Army was not ready for combat and was trying to avoid it for long as he could. Sure he was caught off guard abit and the speed that germans advanced was crazy, even if they swept aside French and Brits in 30 odd days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back