Locked Prem Euro 2024 Thread v1: England V Spain It's Coming Home Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Possum Jenkins
When Lionel Scaloni took his coaching courses in Spain, Luis de la Fuente was his teacher and Scaloni still views him as a mentor. They have been exchanging compliments about their respective teams in the press during the last week.

Nice!

De la Fuente has been massively underrated this whole time. Everyone talks about the players but very few mentions of this coach who no one's heard of taking a team with only pretty good talent and making them the best in the world.

Sidenote: Scaloni should learn de la Fuente's workout routine as well. Old man's jacked as fuck.

I genuinely just think your owners are eventually, sooner than later, gonna want a "sexier" manager. Howe has always felt like your Mark Hughes to me but more talented. I thought this summer the Saudis would go for a bigger name but seems not. Who would you replace Howe with if it happened?

For me, I would like Míchel or Nagelsmann but I'm not sure we could get them right now. I would prefer to stay with Howe for now if it's someone like Poch.

Nice!

De la Fuente has been massively underrated this whole time. Everyone talks about the players but very few mentions of this coach who no one's heard of taking a team with only pretty good talent and making them the best in the world.

Sidenote: Scaloni should learn de la Fuente's workout routine as well. Old man's jacked as fuck.

Yeah. Different skill set to club management.

Will say it till I’m blue in the face, international football is crap, and largely a lottery, but if you can get a competent manager, it gives you a bigger edge than any single star player, imo.

If the FA could get Klopp and he'd be up for it England would win the next WC and Euro with these players.

Also I get it and being more traditional myself when it comes to this that you prefer to go with a national coach from your own country.

If the FA could get Klopp and he'd be up for it England would win the next WC and Euro with these players.

Also I get it and being more traditional myself when it comes to this that you prefer to go with a national coach from your own country.

Maybe. Probably.

That said I still feel club and international management are different skill sets, especially in the last 20 years.

Some can nail both, some can’t.

Almost like the best international managers keep it simple, whereas someone like Klopp seems pretty regimented.

Didn't realize @UVee was a talented painter
This is as good as I can do
8TG6gMz7c.png

Always find it weird when grown ups get excited for their birthdays.

I don't get excited nor really celebrating since my mid 20's BUT it's nice to stay connected with people and it's a nice gesture to drop a message or call on that day. Same when someone remembers mine - I definitely appreciate that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back