Locked Prem Euro 2024 Thread v1: England V Spain It's Coming Home Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think Haaland is scared of this retard.

International football in a nutshell.

One 7/10 team peak at the right time to beat another bunch of 7/10 teams, and simps think legends are birthed.

Fair play to Cucerella. Enjoy the moment. But he’s still a bang average player who’ll continue to underwhelm in real football.

Haaland will have 10x career he does.

Wonder if he’ll ever be accepted/forgiven.

Like if he becomes the player he should, wonder if in 2-3 years he’ll ever play for England or Euro giant.

Doubt it, I guess.
Trevor Bauer, a Cy Young winning baseball pitcher, was accused and exonerated to the point where one of his accusers has now been charged as the defendant for falsely accusing/bribery in the case. Trevor is still relegated to the Mexican league a couple years later...

(some info above may be slightly inaccurate but I CBA looking it back up for 1 post. Hopefully 650 Sumo doesn't see this)

Trevor Bauer, a Cy Young winning baseball pitcher, was accused and exonerated to the point where one of his accusers has now been charged as the defendant for falsely accusing/bribery in the case. Trevor is still playing baseball the Mexican league a couple years later...

(some info above may be slightly inaccurate but I CBA looking it back up for 1 post. Hopefully 650 Sumo doesn't see this)

Thing with Greenwood, even though he’s with the girl still with kids, is there is actual visual/audio confirmation of his “actions”.

Never actually seen them, but it makes it harder to forget. Other sportsmen have probably done worse and got away with it, but the pics will follow him forever.

Still don’t quite understand how in the current cancel climate, Mike Tyson still gets to do his thing.

Nothing against Tyson, I believe in forgiveness and redemption, but the Hangover lads vetoed Mel Gibson being in the film because he got pissed up and said some Incoherent racist slurs. Meanwhile they verbally fellated Tyson on film.

Like if he becomes the player he should, wonder if in 2-3 years he’ll ever play for England or Euro giant.

Doubt it, I guess.
Doubt it, that audio clip was pretty damning.
Think he got booed in most Spanish stadiums if not all last season. Then the whole thing with Bellingham.

Unless HD suddenly becomes as good as Neymar Marseille just might be the biggest club he is going to play at.

Ex saw what I saw and have been seeing with Walker, dreadful

Lol

Euro-2024-team-of-the-tournament.jpeg

They'll go all out for Potter or Howe. But what these young flair players need is a progressive thinking foreign manager IMO.

Doubt it, I guess.

Think Greenwood's career will be of a much lower key than some expect. I'm thinking 2yrs at Marseilles doing a well as one can at Marseilles (although De Zerbi could realistically have them do a madness and Mason scores 20 a season.....but let's say not)

Probably joins a Roma or a Leipzig for 35m. Then quietly fizzles back to joining the likes of Lyon.

Although at that point I wouldn't be shocked to see him back in the PL at a midtable club. Never see England picking him though.

They'll go all out for Potter or Howe. But what these young flair players need is a progressive thinking foreign manager IMO.

Think Greenwood's career will be of a much lower key than some expect. I'm thinking 2yrs at Marseilles doing a well as one can at Marseilles (although De Zerbi could realistically have them do a madness and Mason scores 20 a season.....but let's say not)

Probably joins a Roma or a Leipzig for 35m. Then quietly fizzles back to joining the likes of Lyon.

Although at that point I wouldn't be shocked to see him back in the PL at a midtable club. Never see England picking him though.

Hate to say it, and he just joined a new club, but unironically think Mourinho would do a job.

Basically International football is a pragmatic game these days, and Mou is the master of that. And he’d have the balls to drop Kane/Foden/Bellingham etc if he felt it was needed.

Wouldn’t be pretty, but international football rarely is.

FA would never do it though.

Howe is an attacking manager bud, only City, Arsenal, and Liverpool scored more than us last season (Liverpool by one goal). He's high press and a bit too attacking at times; he would get England cooking, but I'd rather he stay with us for another couple of seasons. He's the closest England manager to a foreign style manager.

Potter is just a slightly better version of Southgate. I hope they go with Potter as the FA will stay with an English manager.

Crazy fact: no foreign manager has ever won the World Cup :eek: just saw that today.

Hate to say it, and he just joined a new club, but unironically think Mourinho would do a job.

Basically International football is a pragmatic game these days, and Mou is the master of that. And he’d have the balls to drop Kane/Foden/Bellingham etc if he felt it was needed.

Wouldn’t be pretty, but international football rarely is.

FA would never do it though.

Always thought Jose should've entered international management a while ago. Would be much better for Portugal than Martinez.

Howe is an attacking manager bud, only City, Arsenal, and Liverpool scored more than us last season (Liverpool by one goal). He's high press and a bit too attacking at times; he would get England cooking, but I'd rather he stay with us for another couple of seasons. He's the closest England manager to a foreign style manager.

Potter is just a slightly better version of Southgate. I hope they go with Potter as the FA will stay with an English manager.

Crazy fact: no foreign manager has ever won the World Cup :eek: just saw that today.

I genuinely just think your owners are eventually, sooner than later, gonna want a "sexier" manager. Howe has always felt like your Mark Hughes to me but more talented. I thought this summer the Saudis would go for a bigger name but seems not. Who would you replace Howe with if it happened?

Always thought Jose should've entered international management a while ago. Would be much better for Portugal than Martinez.

Seems perfect for it, yeah.

Like I’m guessing he’d do better than likes of Pep and Klopp.

Guessing those 2 would get massively frustrated.

Guessing Zidane could shrug his shoulders to a France World Cup win, too.

-What do you reckon boss?
-Fucked if I know, give it to that Donatello looking freak and see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back