Pregnancy Announcement Video Goes Viral - Miscarriage.

Its nice for things to have a greater purpose or meaning if their terrible, it seems.

Makes it easier to cope.

Like he said its a coping mechanism. While its viewed as illogical by some of us. Its not our place to point it out to them considering the circumstances theyre currently under.

No the first video when he announced the pregnancy was viewed millions of times, they had some kind of youtube page showing their lives.
I don't really get why anyone would want to watch people who aren't even famous going about their day to day business like a reality show.

welcome to the first season of every show on E, mtv, bravo, etc....

No.
Why should anyone show them sympathy when they say they are grateful for it happening?!

Most women go through miscarriages and are certainly not grateful for it. Save your sympathy for them.

the sympathy wont run out.. THERES PLENTY OF SYMPATHY !

Like he said its a coping mechanism. While its viewed as illogical by some of us. Its not our place to point it out to them considering the circumstances theyre currently under.

It's not simply a coping mechanism with them unless you think all religion is just a coping mechanism.
It seems like they are very religious people, so when something bad happens they go all wide eyed and convince themselves it's God's will.

I've pointed it out before. My mum was seriously ill some years ago and my Grandad said he prayed every night and I said that had absolutely nothing to do with her recovery, it was co-incidence if anything.

Ok, forgive me for this.

I'm not at all convinced that they were pregnant in the first place. Why would they youtube this shit? Why are people so determined to live their lives publicly? Maybe they just really wanted hits/attention?

And if true I am sympathetic because I have had two miscarriages.

I know people who've lost a baby after 3 months pregnant. Until you go though that sort of thing I think judgement should be saved. Its easy to concieve but holy shit the following year is all on you wondering if the baby is even going to live. I drove my then 37 week pregant gf to the hospital wondering if the baby was dead because she didnt feel it move for like 4 hours. My baby is fine, healthy, but thats one fked up drive you don't want but thats reality and shit happens to some people.

I dont think that couple did anything wrong with posting video but thats just bad luck. Delete the video and move on...

It's not simply a coping mechanism with them unless you think all religion is just a coping mechanism.
It seems like they are very religious people, so when something bad happens they go all wide eyed and convince themselves it's God's will.

A couple who just had a miscarriage isnt one that you should enter into a theological debate over. Proceeding to do so is bad taste considering their current loss.

I agree with your beliefs on the matter. Not with your tone of confrontation during the grieving stages.

No.
Why should anyone show them sympathy when they say they are grateful for it happening?!

Most women go through miscarriages and are certainly not grateful for it. Save your sympathy for them.

The God route is their way of coping.

Edit: nevermind you already addressed the "coping" response.

for those that dont know, generally NOT a good idea to announce pregnancies before 3 months because miscarriages are higher in those beginning three months.

"Dont count your chickens before they hatch" type deal.

for those that dont know, generally NOT a good idea to announce pregnancies before 3 months because miscarriages are higher in those beginning three months.

"Dont count your chickens before they hatch" type deal.

I think that's standard for most couples nowadays.
When I used to work managing some young girls they told me quite early on that they were pregnant just to give me the heads up on knowing i'd need to bring someone else in, but I couldn't tell anyone else for a couple of months.

People put plenty of videos of themselves on Youtube doing every imaginable thing, I don't think every one of them is desperate to be a celebrity.

Someone's got a bunch of planking vids out there....

Losing a baby is sad, thinking god wanted you to get pregnant so the baby can die is sad too but in a completely different way.

As for them putting it up on youtube, the trend nowadays is to post as much of your private info onto the net as possible so this doesn't surprise me. 40-50 years down the road it's going to be really easy to dig up dirt on politicians, just type their name into youtube and find an emotional video about them revealing that they cut themselves.

Losing a baby is sad, thinking god wanted you to get pregnant so the baby can die is sad too but in a completely different way.

As for them putting it up on youtube, the trend nowadays is to post as much of your private info onto the net as possible so this doesn't surprise me. 40-50 years down the road it's going to be really easy to dig up dirt on politicians, just type their name into youtube and find an emotional video about them revealing that they cut themselves.

Just this morning a friend of mine asked me "hey what's going on with ___'s divorce?" He just posted on FB he's going to get visitation rights. I was just like SMH, why post personal stuff like that when you have 500 FB friends, 80% of which are just acquaintances or not even people you actually know.

The personal shit people put on Social Media nowadays baffles me. I think people really forget how many people see that shit.

Just this morning a friend of mine asked me "hey what's going on with ___'s divorce?" He just posted on FB he's going to get visitation rights. I was just like SMH, why post personal stuff like that when you have 500 FB friends, 80% of which are just acquaintances or not even people you actually know.

The personal shit people put on Social Media nowadays baffles me. I think people really forget how many people see that shit.

Yeah and there are a lot of people on facebook who feed off of that shit too. My buddies wife is a stay at home mom and all she does in read facebook stuff all day and gossip about it with her friends.

I think our brains aren't adapted for it. We know on a conscious level what the deal is but something gets lost in the execution. If you had to stand up at a podium in front of 500 people ( most of which are merely acquaintances) people would never say the majority of the shit they vomit all over their page. It's really fucking weird if you think about it.

Back