Predictions for Leon Scott vs GOATzat SMESHmaev

Predict the winner of Leon vs Khamzat

• Total voters
On paper it's a close fight, but I have a strong feeling Khamzat will ragdoll Edwards and beat him easier than people expect. Leon does not have elite TDD, and while I do think he's good enough on the ground to avoid being submitted, I can imagine him getting held down and pummeled until the ref stops it.

I am saying this as someone who's on the Chimaev hype train, so take this with a grain of salt lol.

It is a Huge step up! But Dana doesn't really care about Leon, so he's throwing him to the wolves.
I don't think he hates anyone just giving the people what they want to see, which is Chimaev vs a top tier guy. But scott didn't do himself any favors turning down Neal and Wonderboy. With that, it is agreed upon if scott wins, he will get the title shot and Chimaevs hype. So definitely an incentive for him as well.

With that, it is agreed upon if scott wins, he will get the title shot and Chimaevs hype. So definitely an incentive for him as well.
Maybe. Even if he wins, he might have to do so in at least a non-boring fashion. (Dana doesn't always keep his word.)

i predict a a decent fight--khamzat is so overhyped that even him having a good fight win or lose will leave the khamzat train derailed

Khamzat gets tired after the second round and TKOed on the feet in the later ones. Narrow shoulders = small lungs = bad cardio.

Leon takes that overhyped chechen to school.

Amazed how KO'ing Gerald Meerschaert is enough to get you a fight against the #2 guy in line for the belt, let alone enough to convince Sherdoggers that Khamzat would actually win. Hoping the odds on the actual fight are just as even as this poll, would bet my mother's life savings on Leon.

Last edited:
some of you mfers don't know shit about mma

Leon is going to dominate this fight.

Here's my prediction:

Leon tries to keep a safe distance from Chimaev, like Gaehtje tried to do with Khabib, in hopes of landing some clean shots on him. Khamzat clips him a couple of times. Then, to prove a point and to take GOATzat by surprise, Leon attempts a takedown which will fail.

Khamzat counters with a takedown of his own, and Leon tries to use his 'rassling pedigree to get back up. He can't do shit. Suddenly, his facial expression changes to "oh shit !". Khamzat then proceeds to smesh him, eventually TKO'ing him in Round 2.

Leon by late stoppage on an exhausted khamzat or decision but an impressive decision

I think leon surprises alot of people here..

It's my alt account. Mods feel free to ban it.
lol'd

Chimeav is still an unproven prospect. This fight will test where he's at in this division. Does he belong in the top 5 or not. Only time will tell. We all got to wait a little bit more than a month from now. Should be a very interesting fight, that so many questions will be answered.
Fun part is he's only 26 and has only been training MMA for three years (!!!). He is nowhere near his ceiling so regardless of what happens we should all sit back and enjoy the ride to see how far he can go.

You got to love a guy like GOATmaev and adescanya. They ain’t afraid to lose that 0. Something to be said there. I don’t think chimaev is quite there yet. León will probably win, but GOATmaevs time is coming.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back