Predictions for Leon Scott vs GOATzat SMESHmaev

Predict the winner of Leon vs Khamzat

• Total voters
Agreed which is why I recognize the greatness in Edwards. I'll try to remember to bump this thread after Edwards shuts him out.
Edwards is pretty good. He isn't great.

Ten years from now he will be completely forgotten.

Edwards by TKO ! Hype train will derailed !

Didn’t Gunnar really start taking over towards the very end of their fight? I remember he was getting whooped pretty bad but he finally got a take down and was putting in some good ground work. If Gunni can do it I’m sure Khamzat can.

Yeah he got in mount and landed some work. Nothing too meaningful. Edwards just defended and held on since he was up two rounds.

Nelson's top game grappling is better than Chimaev though. His kind of success doesn't translate to Chimaev having success. Nelson has submitted like everyone in the UFC he's ever taken down other than Edwards.

Edwards is pretty good. He isn't great.

Ten years from now he will be completely forgotten.

but people will remember when Chimaev bested Rhys McKee for decades

Yeah he got in mount and landed some work. Nothing too meaningful. Edwards just defended and held on since he was up two rounds.

Nelson's top game grappling is better than Chimaev though. His kind of success doesn't translate to Chimaev having success. Nelson has submitted like everyone in the UFC he's ever taken down other than Edwards.

but people will remember when Chimaev bested Rhys McKee for decades
Maybe noto, but they will remember when he smesh Edwards.

Round 3 TKO for Khamzat by G&P
Decision for Leon
Round 1 TKO for Khamzat

Leon lost to Kamaru and he didn’t put up much of a fight, he is not championship material
My dude, that’s a ridiculous standard. Chimmy would get fucked by Usman too. The guy is as dull as they come but he’s the best in the division by a mile.

This is Khamzat’s first real fight. His entire pro career is less impressive than Edward’s’ last 8 wins. I don’t care for either of them but he’s got a massive step up in competition here in terms of experience and fight IQ alone. Cage time matters. Winning in ten seconds is cute but winning after going into deep water is an actual challenge and accomplishment. That said, if Khamzat can’t take Edwards out in 2 I’ll be leaning heavily on an Edwards win. But Khamzat absolutely can take Edwards out in 2 rounds.
Should be a fun fight! I’m gonna watch football instead because the UFC is totally fucking gay now but I’ll be sure to check Sherdog for the results

Leon will get smeshed that bad that his brother Fabian is automatically TKd instantly in his next Bellator fight

I believe Khamzat will dominate Leon. 1st round stoppage is my prediction.

Leon is a good fighter but he's not elite. Khamzat has elite talent and I think the difference will show itself. Leon might be good enough to not get finished but I think that's the most likely best possible outcome for him.

After finding put Leon beat 2 of my favorite Just Bleed Goats back to back in Luque and Barbarena, i really want Bors to beat the breaks of his smug mug. Hes so boring, i had no clue he fought them. I probably saw his name and didnt bother to tune in lol. With that said, its a big step up for Chimaev amd i cant deny Edwards skill. If he makes it his fight, Khaz is in for a long night of Pitter patter kicks, elbows of the clinch and half assed combos. Bors best bet is to get it to the ground asap, but Leon has very good wrestling, so im guessing we will see just how good Bors is on the feet in this fight.

Here's my prediction:

Leon tries to keep a safe distance from Chimaev, like Gaehtje tried to do with Khabib, in hopes of landing some clean shots on him. Khamzat clips him a couple of times. Then, to prove a point and to take GOATzat by surprise, Leon attempts a takedown which will fail.

Khamzat counters with a takedown of his own, and Leon tries to use his 'rassling pedigree to get back up. He can't do shit. Suddenly, his facial expression changes to "oh shit !". Khamzat then proceeds to smesh him, eventually TKO'ing him in Round 2.
What wrestling pedigree does Leon have?

Back