Predict the main events for UFC Maine and UFC Tulsa

SimonNova

Worship and forget
@Steel
Reaction score
August 16th and 23rd respectively

I think we will have a McMann vs Tate card and a Kennedy vs Jacare matchup or maybe Romero vs one of them.

Barnett vs Reem is also possible but I think they would co main a PPV instead, name value and all.

thoughts?

I'd be fine with Barnett v Reem as the co-main Maine card. McMann v Tate doesn't seem like a headliner for me. I'm not sold on Romero's selling power. Someone had a list on a thread today listing all the people that were injured. I remember making a sarcastic comment about Dillashaw fighting Assuncao but I can't find it again.

I'm flying in for the Maine card so I'm going to damn sure be excited it. If it's anything like the Boston card, I'll be a happy just bleeder.

Edit: Found the post.
Top 15 guys (and girls) that aren't currently booked...

WBW: #1 Zingano (injured), #3 Tate, #4 McMann, #5 Kaufman, #6 Eye, #7 Carmouche, #8 Nunes (injured), #9 Andrade, #11 Pena (injured), #13 Pennington, #14 Duke, #15 Rakoczy (injured)

FLW: #2 Benavidez, #8 Cariaso, #10 Elliott, #12 Gaudinot, #14 Horiguchi

BW: #1 Barao (injured), #3 Assuncao (injured), #4 McDonald (injured), #5 Wineland, #6 Mizugaki, #9 Eduardo, #10 Cruz (injured), #12 Rivera, #15 Reis (injured)

FW: #5 Korean Zombie (???), #8 Siver (drug suspension), #9 Lentz, #12 Elkins, #14 Kawajiri, #15 Brandao (injured)

LW: #4 Nurmagomedov (Ramadan), #13 Green (injured), #15 Lauzon (???)

WW: #4 Condit (injured), #7 Ellenberger, #10 Saffiedine (injured), #12 Pyle, #15 Silva (injured)

MW: #1 Silva (injured), #2 Belfort (???), #4 Jacare, #5 Rockhold (injured), #6 Kennedy, #10 Philippou, #12 Romero, #13 Boetsch, #14 Leites, #15 Tavares

LHW: #2 Cormier (waiting for title shot), #3 Evans (injured), #4 Teixeira (injured), #6 Davis, #7 Henderson (probably moving to MW), #8 Shogun (injured), #11 Manuwa

HW: #2 JDS (injured), #3 Browne, #4 Bigfoot (drug suspension), #5 Barnett, #6 Overeem, #10 Mir, #11 Gonzaga (injured), #13 Big Nog

Last edited:
Maine card will likely have Tim Boetsch, Mike Brown, and Joe Lauzon but I don't think any of them are headliners. A heavyweight main event always works...perhaps Barnett vs Stipe Miocic? if Stipe doesn't get too banged up from his fight this weekend they're both top ranked guys...pretty sure Reem said he wants to fight in September

Oklahoma is right next to Texas and Tim Kennedy fights out of Texas so him vs Yoel Romero is definitely a possibility (Jacare will probably be saved for a Brazil card against Rockhold)

Any part of Maine that is more then 3 hours from Boston i consider part of Canada. So maybe Kaufmann vs Tate could headline that one. Although Kaufmann is from BC, so maybe not.

I dunno not a lot of options out there, maybe if Maia wins this weekend they can do him vs Ellenberger for the Tulsa card since Jake is from Nebraska.

I think the Maine card is going to be kind of sort of stacked. Mainly because it's the pseudo 1 yr anniversary for the launch of FS1 and Dana White seemingly has a house/hide out there. I figure it'll be a heavyweight fight, maybe Barnett vs Overeem? Overeem vs Miocic? Maybe this is where Nate Diaz gets bored and takes a fight, be it at 155 or 170 lbs. If they really wanna get crazy, this could be where Assuncao vs Dillishaw II happens.

As for Tulsa, the hell if I know. How about Tim Kennedy vs Luke Rockhold with a Stephen Thompson vs Tarec Saffiedine co-main?

Belfort/Jacare
Dillashaw/Assuncao or Mizugaki if still injured.

Baseless speculation.

I think they have lot of solid Co-Main options and with August having Aldo/Mendes 2 plus Jones/Gus 2 I think they may be wise to just go with quanity over quality with these shows.

Think some combos of guys at these weight classes.
Featherweight: Lentz vs Elkins
Lightweight: Green, Lauzon, Cruickshank, Chiesa, Ferguson, Krause.
Welterweight: Tarec, Pyle, Alves, Wonderboy, Cote.
Middleweight: Kennedy, Romero, Costas, Barbarian, Leites, Herman.
Women's: Tate, McMann, Kaufman, Eye.

I think they got enough to put together two decent enough shows.

Back