Pre workout energy?

MARINECOP

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I just want a kick start of energy for my workouts. I will be drinking it just before and through out my workout. I do not want a high calorie/high sugar drink because I am trying to lose weight. My question is what workout drink would work best for my situation? I have posted a similar post on bodybuilding.com, but it seems these guys think that all training revolves around lifting heavy weight in-order to get huge so I have not got some good answers. I was using Controlled Labs Purple Wraath Bodybuilding.com - Controlled Labs Purple Wraath - New And Improved Flavor! On sale now!and it did seem to work pretty good, but their has to be something out there better than this. Thanks.

Your goal is to lose weight?

Coffee

what's the rest of your nutrition like throughout the day?

Actually, do you eat breakfast?

I drink a lot of coffee, but it doesn't seem to help.

Ok this is what you do

1) Stop drinking coffee for like 2 weeks

2) Start drinking coffee again

3) Only drinking it before you train or when you need a pick me up. Don't drink it any other time

Eat breakfast

I do not want a high calorie/high sugar drink because I am trying to lose weight. My question is what workout drink would work best for my situation?

Drink coffee preWO
Drink water periWO
Cut carbs
Do HIIT.

Drink coffee preWO
Drink water periWO
Cut carbs
Do HIIT.

Well, just be sure you get adequate carbs even when you're limiting them. If you have low energy, it could just be consistently low blood sugar, which is not going to help your weight loss. Have some simple sugars right after your workout, this will not make you gain weight, and eat plenty of veggies and some fruits throughout the day before exercise.

yes i was on the no carb diet when i began training and it left me sapped for energy.

a cup of brown rice an hour prior to workout and some 50/50 gator/water mix really helped with that.

Coffee works great, I take NO Xplode and love it. I take the NO Xplode 30 mins before warmup, head to the gym and knock out a few laps, stretch out, and by the time I'm ready to do my running I'm jacked.

I've taken NO-Xplode and I thought it was just OK for me. I like Buzz Saw from True Protein more. It has BCAA's which help with recovery which NO-Xplode doesn't have, it has caffeine, and it only costs about $20.

P.S. -- If you go with Buzz Saw, then stay away from Fruit Punch and get Limeade.

Would it be wise to drink something like Buzz Saw preWO and then have Endurox PWO?

Back