Pre-Season Prem Thread V23: A blast from the past, throwback edition

Why did the seagulls follow the trawler?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm gonna stay up to watch, if that cunt Jill refuses to give PressBless the minutes she deserves I will pen a strongly worded letter to the top brass of American football.

#FreePressBless

#GiveHerTheBallAndSheWillScore
Morganbless to score three

CpX2tLpWcAA4Ykv.jpg

The deal is beyond crazy. He really isnt that good and when you spend 100 million pound on a player. You want him to be ready to produce of the highest order. but listening to so called experts talk about him they use the word potential a lot. he has a lot of attributes and has the potential to be one of the best players in the world. I really think he will fail to live up to this transfer fee and he has to produce much better than what he has done for Juve.

2 seasons ago he had 8 league goals and 3 assists in Seria A in 26 appearance. Last season 8 goals 12 assists in 35 appearance. These numbers wont be enough for 100 million pound player. These are good numbers for midfielder. But they dont scream game changer

lol

Henry would never say bad thing about a French brother. But if you watched France you would have noticed when he played deeper in midfield he struggled more. So if you gonna spend 100 million and play him in 4-2-3-1 as one of the 2. Then you will lose a lot of what he is good at. How is he and Rooney work in midfield? Pogba will be forced to defend most of the time

lol

I've not seen enough of him to offer anything like an informed opinion on the guy. Am hearing a lot of excuses & justifications for the price tag though.

He didn't have an 90m player performance at the EURO's. But that's just a mini tourney full of all-star strangers, tbf. Folk blamed Deschamps for not using him properly. I'm not sure I agree with that.

For 90m I'd need more guarantees than potential though. He's not the consistent game changing winner I'd need for that lofty price tag.

Looking forward to see how fares. His highlights package is top shelf. Kid deserves time to settle into a new side that's in a new Mgr's first season, so will get plenty from me.

Big boy prices = Big boy expectations

Initial lean is he's overpriced & I doubt he matches Roy Keane legendary status and that's the barometer by which his success will ultimately be measured by me.
I agree.....but we will hear a lot about his age and potential. When City paid 50 million for sterling, some people said he wasnt a 50 million player and he hasnt performed like one. He has gone back to being young talent with big potential

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back