Praise sweet baby Jesus we’re back.

JayPettryMMA

Danger Zone Aficionado
Staff member
Forum Administrator
Reaction score

Admin note: Hi everyone, welcome back the forums. We migrated our servers, so we had some expected downtime. We're glad to be back, and in time for the insane news that broke this morning. We know you're dying to talk about it:

Edit: The migration is taking longer than we expected, but we are still working on it. Trust me, we're chomping at the bit to get this show on the road too.

On Thursday morning, KOAT 7 News in Albuquerque, New Mexico, reported that Jon Jones has been arrested and charged with multiple offenses. Those charges include an aggravated DWI, the negligent use of a firearm, possession of an open container of alcohol in his vehicle and operating a vehicle without insurance.

According to arresting officer Brian Johnson, gunshots were heard after 1 a.m. on Thursday in Albuquerque, and officers responded to the scene. They found Jones in his vehicle, where Jones claimed he was unaware of shots fired. Upon questioning, Jones admitted he had been driving, while officers took note of his potential intoxication. He was given a sobriety test, which led to a Breathalyzer where he blew over two times above the legal limit.

When searching his vehicle, the police found a handgun under the driver’s seat, as well as a partially-empty bottle of Recuerdo -- the tequila brand launched by fellow UFC fighter Jorge Masvidal -- behind the passenger seat. Jones was subsequently charged with aggravated DWI, the negligent use of a firearm, possession of an open container at that time. When checking his information, the police also discovered he was driving an uninsured vehicle, or at least one that did not have its papers in the confines of the vehicle.

https://www.sherdog.com/news/news/U...ggravated-DWI-Negligent-Use-of-Firearm-172003

So, what do you think? Will this blow over, or is the UFC actually going to do something now? Either way, please use this thread for all things Jones and his driving and gunning.

Last edited:
I'm expecting a slap on the wrist, but Jones seriously needs to hire a driver. It's not the first time this has happened.

THANK GOD!!!!!!!!

EDIT: Not for Jones lol, but damn was it lame without the dog!

Hey hey, kept checking several times a day instinctively.

And of course Jones gets arrested while we're not looking.

He’ll never get his act together.

I didn’t realize going “stir crazy” entitles you to drive drunk and shoot off a gun.

Last edited:
Oh lawd I thought we were gonna have no Sherdog for another Jones arrest. Praise god we back!!!!

Thing was telling me my IP was banned - I was like - WHAT?!??!!?

Anyway, Jones is a colossal fuck up.

Jones taking extreme measures to avoid that Reyes rematch I see

Another DWI and a gun charge?? he’s definitely doing time. They already gave him probation. Judge won’t look fondly on that.

I swear I missed you all sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much :( its been awful. absoutley unbearable without you all.

God bless all sherdoggers, I feel like I am alive again. Everyone praying for health during the coronavirus, but me I was just praying for sherdoggers to come back into my life. Praise the lord.

b802cb32c613dabb6c94a78a3375339d.jpg

Goat is smart enough to get arrested during a sherdog migration. Genius.

But really.

what a fuckin moron.

I swear I missed you all sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much :( its been awful. absoutley unbearable without you all.

God bless all sherdoggers, I feel like I am alive again. Everyone praying for health during the coronavirus, but me I was just praying for sherdoggers to come back into my life. Praise the lord.

b802cb32c613dabb6c94a78a3375339d.jpg
Amen brother.

I can’t stand most of the delusional losers on here but god damn did I check atleast 50-60 times a day to see if the boards were back up.

dare I say I actually craved this place? I’m ashamed of myself now...

Goat is smart enough to get arrested during a sherdog migration. Genius.

But really.

what a fuckin moron.
haha we couldn't even have fun with Jones this time and the damn forums were down all the time. He got lucky this time, the police is easy, he got very lucky not having to deal with us lol

Amen brother.

I can’t stand most of the delusional losers on here but god damn did I check atleast 50-60 times a day to see if the boards were back up.

dare I say I actually craved this place? I’m ashamed of myself now...
Haha you are not alone brother, I was checking every hour it seemed like. Being on lockdown and stuck inside the house 24/7 just made it much worse. Thank God you are all back

There are many people that I like on here and many cool people.. but yeah even the trolls I missed them to be honest lol. During this coronavirus pandemic I really needed the advice of sherdoggers as this forum has most of the worlds leading doctors and medical experts.. I was confined to having to listen to doctors on the news who know next to nothing compared to sherdoggers.

Its very well known sherdoggers have an A-Z knowledge of all medical matters, and know every drug ever made, even the most obscure drugs we know everything about. Good lord thank you for coming back!!.

Hey hey, kept checking several times a day instinctively.

And of course Jones gets arrested while we're not looking.

It was on ESPN and other news outlets while we were all gone...but I bet everyone was Jonesin to talk about it...

Won't see Jones fight for a long time. He's going away for a while.

Crazy times we’re living in. Some Chinese dude ate bat soup and now I have to work from home.

Back