PPlL who CAN beat Cain V

This is secretly a Cain bash.

Honestly, im not the biggest Cain Velasquez fan but i know talents when i see one.

Cain can beat any HW on any given night, he got caught against JDS, it happens. but rematch is a 50/50 imho.

umm no what makes you think that lol

It's HW, just about anyone can beat anyone by landing something big like JDS did on Cain. I still think Cain is the best at HW and beats everyone far more often than not.

The same way Lesnar took down Overeem?

Hunt is an interesting one for me, his vunerability is less I'd say being controled or TKOed on the ground and more sub defence.

I cant remember hunt ever being dominated in any fight, taken down quick and subbed, but never just grinded on and beat up. Its a for sure bad fight for cain, but hunt has 3 opportunties or more to connect one uppercut

plus cain likes to leave his chin out there for people to test :icon_lol:

i'd rather see him vs cain than someone like werdum

Cain is a monster but he isn't getting past JDS or Reem. They have some of the best TDD in the world when you add the fact that you gotta watch for knees and uppercuts.

Cain has shown he can't stand with guys like these and if he can't take them down he has no chance.

Also Cain would MURDER prime Fedor.

Cain is a monster but he isn't getting past JDS or Reem. They have some of the best TDD in the world when you add the fact that you gotta watch for knees and uppercuts.

Cain has shown he can't stand with guys like these and if he can't take them down he has no chance.

Also Cain would MURDER prime Fedor.

what type of ignorance

A lot of people could beat him.

Fist + Cain's Dome = gnight

This mean CAN as in have potential to beat Cain....no order

1)Kongo= this is a given due to the fact that cain gets rocked every time kongo touches him..safe bet is cain tho....

2) jds= another given, already ko him and will do again, i made lots of money on that fight , cain will not take jds down and will get broken down physically and mentally this time

3) overeem= cain will not take him down either, he will get KO from a knee I believe, overeem is too strong and when he gets low to prevent takedowns his power amplified, however cain has the cardio advantage and overeem seems to take hits to avoid takedowns like in the werdum fight

4) Big country= his power will ko cain if it connects, however cain is an intelligent fighter and has good hands, this did not help mitrione, big country has good bjj to MAYBE be able to negate the superior wrestling of Cain

5) Werdum= I believe he has the same to a little better striking, and CAN submit Cain.....his thai clinch will be a factor in this fight

6) Mir= i believe his size may give him a slight advantage...cain striking isnt good enough to completely dominate him like jds...he also CAN submit cain..unlike cain he dropped kongo bad so though this is irrelevant im just putting that out there

7) Carwin= way bigger, more power, same to better striking, will not get taken down by cain, i think he can over power cain and wild out like he did against mir

8) Nog= Cain want no parts of his ground game as seen in the last fight, however he outsruck nog soundly even before the KO......but so did mir and we seen what happened the next fight....nog must have really worked on his striking as seen in the fights against Mir, Herman, and the brendan... he CAN win

9) cormier= better everywhere but cardio... no explanation needed

now out of these 9 here are my definite winners= jds, overeem, carwin, cormier

agrees disagrees adds

Bold = In general, dumbest statements and absolutely wrong. Seems like you just really dislike Cain. but here you go anyways:

Dont compare Mitrione's striking to Cain's. Cain is much better and much faster.

Nelson's BJJ might be able to prevent Cain from doing too much damage, but Cain has excellent top control and is a great wrestler with a good knowledge of BJJ to be able to defend anything Nelson tries to do.

Carwin does not have better striking wtf lol. Carwin's striking is basic and slow. Carwin relies on his power to KO people.

Big Nog has a better chance than last time, his boxing has gotten much better, and he has found his power. But Cain's striking is still much better than Nog's. Fight ends in a later round though maybe.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
italic = You are not just putting it out there, you are trying to imply "something". Either you are discrediting Cain's striking or saying Mir's power and/or striking is better than Cain's:eek:

underline = Carwin can be taken down by Cain, Cain has good MMA wrestling. Carwin might be stronger but Cain has the much better technique

JDS has the best chance of beating Cain, I think JDS will beat Cain again, but the others lose to Cain most likely.
Cormier says Cain kicks his butt everyday in training and he is very sincere when he says that. I believe him.
Overeem likely gets beat on the feet but Overeem would make it a fight most likely. The constant threat of a takedown will make Overeem hesitate.
Carwin has a puncher's chance. About it.

everyone else loses, but it's MMA and anything can happen:icon_neut

I fucking love Mir, but he would be seriously fucked against someone like Cain.

If Cain comes in with the plan to go straight for TD's like he usually always does, all those guys get demolished by him. [/B]His stand-up has also improved, he was actually outlanding JDS until he got knocked down. Yes, he did. Most of Junior's shots actually landed when he had Cain rocked.

He shot in on JDS in 30 seconds. How is that not going for a takedown as soon as possible?
No.

Did you even watch that fight?

Cain destroys Kongo again, destroys Nog again, destroys Alistair, murders Mir, sends Carwin to the oxygen room, and would just obliterate Roy Nelson. It would look like the Rothwell fight.

Cain has gotten much better, where-as Kongo has stayed the same. Nog, he's looking good but against non-top 10 guys. Alistair would get taken down, believe it or not. His TDD is good, but Alistair would gas and Cain will stay fresh and probably TKO him on the mat. Mir? really? he'd probably end up getting finished where ever the fight goes.

If Cain comes in with the plan to go straight for TD's like he usually always does, all those guys get demolished by him. His stand-up has also improved, he was actually outlanding JDS until he got knocked down. Yes, he did. Most of Junior's shots actually landed when he had Cain rocked.

I give Werdum and JDS the best chance out of everybody you listed. Werdum is a solid fighter everywhere, and JDS is the man who beat him. Honestly, Alistair is good but I just don't think he would beat Cain. I think Cain takes him down, beats the shit out of him and throws his corpse into the crowd.

Ive seen you say Cain was outlanding JDS b4 the KO multiple times and cant help but think thats misleading as hell. The fight was 60 seconds long and all i seen Cain do was move his head and land a few leg kicks unless I am forgetting something?

I wouldnt say he out struck JDS at all. Not even close especially considering Cain was the one dropped and finished inside a little over 60 seconds.

But to each their own 209

I only favour Dos Santos over Velasquez, and not even by much.
Overeem has a good chance, but I definitely favour Velasquez in that fight.

He shot in on JDS in 30 seconds. How is that not going for a takedown as soon as possible?
No.

Did you even watch that fight?

He didn't shoot in. He barely caught a kick and briefly looked for a takedown.
The first fight did not show that Junior can stop all of Cain's takedowns.

Cain destroys anyone not named JDS or Reem.

wow you really, really underestimate Cain. Holy shit he's got the same striking as Shane Carwin?
Nog outstriking Herman and Schaub meaning he's vastly improved his striking. Right the guy who was outstriking Fedor in their 2nd fight and arguably out struck Sergei really had to work on his striking to beat those amazing fighters. Go and watch some Nog fights. he's always had very solid striking.

Also lol at comparing Mitrione's fight IQ and boxing to Cain's.

Jesus

Nog didn't outstrike Schaub. He caught him with the KO. Schaub was clearly winning the stand up until the KO.

Cain is top 3 only guys I can see beating him are Overeem and JDS.

Back