PPlL who CAN beat Cain V

ElPrimero

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
This mean CAN as in have potential to beat Cain....no order

1)Kongo= this is a given due to the fact that cain gets rocked every time kongo touches him..safe bet is cain tho....

2) jds= another given, already ko him and will do again, i made lots of money on that fight , cain will not take jds down and will get broken down physically and mentally this time

3) overeem= cain will not take him down either, he will get KO from a knee I believe, overeem is too strong and when he gets low to prevent takedowns his power amplified, however cain has the cardio advantage and overeem seems to take hits to avoid takedowns like in the werdum fight

4) Big country= his power will ko cain if it connects, however cain is an intelligent fighter and has good hands, this did not help mitrione, big country has good bjj to MAYBE be able to negate the superior wrestling of Cain

5) Werdum= I believe he has the same to a little better striking, and CAN submit Cain.....his thai clinch will be a factor in this fight

6) Mir= i believe his size may give him a slight advantage...cain striking isnt good enough to completely dominate him like jds...he also CAN submit cain..unlike cain he dropped kongo bad so though this is irrelevant im just putting that out there

7) Carwin= way bigger, more power, same to better striking, will not get taken down by cain, i think he can over power cain and wild out like he did against mir

8) Nog= Cain want no parts of his ground game as seen in the last fight, however he outsruck nog soundly even before the KO......but so did mir and we seen what happened the next fight....nog must have really worked on his striking as seen in the fights against Mir, Herman, and the brendan... he CAN win

9) cormier= better everywhere but cardio... no explanation needed

now out of these 9 here are my definite winners= jds, overeem, carwin, cormier

agrees disagrees adds

Last edited:
Cain destroys Kongo again, destroys Nog again, destroys Alistair, murders Mir, sends Carwin to the oxygen room, and would just obliterate Roy Nelson. It would look like the Rothwell fight.

Cain has gotten much better, where-as Kongo has stayed the same. Nog, he's looking good but against non-top 10 guys. Alistair would get taken down, believe it or not. His TDD is good, but Alistair would gas and Cain will stay fresh and probably TKO him on the mat. Mir? really? he'd probably end up getting finished where ever the fight goes.

If Cain comes in with the plan to go straight for TD's like he usually always does, all those guys get demolished by him. His stand-up has also improved, he was actually outlanding JDS until he got knocked down. Yes, he did. Most of Junior's shots actually landed when he had Cain rocked.

I give Werdum and JDS the best chance out of everybody you listed. Werdum is a solid fighter everywhere, and JDS is the man who beat him. Honestly, Alistair is good but I just don't think he would beat Cain. I think Cain takes him down, beats the shit out of him and throws his corpse into the crowd.

Last edited:
Cain destroys Kongo again, destroys Nog again, destroys Alistair, murders Mir, and sends Carwin to the oxygen room.

idk about overeem and carwin bro these dudes have some base and BIG power I dnt think Cain can take there shots...in reality he cant take kongos either but he can at least get them down

Cain beats all of them except JDS and Overeem around 99% of the time.

I want to see him fight Werdum. That would be awesome. But Werdum is getting old and sitting out for a damn year to fight Nog. Hopefully we'll see that at some point.

Cain would beat most of the heavyweight fighters. Fights against Cormier and Overeem are closer, but he'd have a good chance against them too. I think Dos Santos beats him again.

wow you really, really underestimate Cain. Holy shit he's got the same striking as Shane Carwin?
Nog outstriking Herman and Schaub meaning he's vastly improved his striking. Right the guy who was outstriking Fedor in their 2nd fight and arguably out struck Sergei really had to work on his striking to beat those amazing fighters. Go and watch some Nog fights. he's always had very solid striking.

Also lol at comparing Mitrione's fight IQ and boxing to Cain's.

Jesus

Cain would beat most of the heavyweight fighters. Fights against Cormier and Overeem are closer, but he'd have a good chance against them too. I think Dos Santos beats him again.

oh yeah i forgot cormier will add to OP

wow you really, really underestimate Cain. Holy shit he's got the same striking as Shane Carwin?
Nog outstriking Herman and Schaub meaning he's vastly improved his striking. Right the guy who was outstriking Fedor in their 2nd fight and arguably out struck Sergei really had to work on his striking to beat those amazing fighters. Go and watch some Nog fights. he's always had very solid striking.

Also lol at comparing Mitrione's fight IQ and boxing to Cain's.

Jesus

well its funny how u left out mir huh....he got outsruck by mir 1st time and what happened the next time , he could have ko him if he didnt try to submit him

I think Werdum is a bad matchup for Cain. Aside from JDS, he would have a good chance.

I've read many times 'Cain destroys Overeem' and, personally, I don't see that happening at all! Overeem seems to be getting better, is working at a great camp and has more than enough power to KO/TKO Cain. Plus, it's not like his takedown defense is awful.

how do you see him beating werdum and mir?

Mir is slow and would get outstruck by him. With Werdum, I take back what I said about beating him 99% of the time but I think he would be able to beat him more often than not with a combination of striking/wrestling.

Mir is slow and would get outstruck by him. With Werdum, I take back what I said about beating him 99% of the time but I think he would be able to beat him more often than not with a combination of striking/wrestling.

agreed

I think Werdum is a bad matchup for Cain. Aside from JDS, he would have a good chance.

I've read many times 'Cain destroys Overeem' and, personally, I don't see that happening at all! Overeem seems to be getting better, is working at a great camp and has more than enough power to KO/TKO Cain. Plus, it's not like his takedown defense is awful.

Overeem to me just seems like a horrible match for Cain, powerful counter striking, good takedown defence and a ton of weapons to punish any wreckless takedown atempts(chokes, knees, sweeps, dirty boxing).

Beyond Overeem and JDS its hard to know for sure with someone like Werdum as we've not seen Cain's sub defence tested but really I'd say its less a case that I'd pick many people to beat him and more that I think Cain is vunerable to being upset with his questionable standup defence.

Hunt, AO and Overeem are his worst matchups by far. Hunt has the worst takedown defense out of those three, but imo he's got the best standup too

Hunt, AO and Overeem are his worst matchups by far. Hunt has the worst takedown defense out of those three, but imo he's got the best standup too

he'd get taken down easily and beat the hell out of

he'd get taken down easily and beat the hell out of

The same way Lesnar took down Overeem?

Hunt is an interesting one for me, his vunerability is less I'd say being controled or TKOed on the ground and more sub defence.

The same way Lesnar took down Overeem?

Hunt is an interesting one for me, his vunerability is less I'd say being controled or TKOed on the ground and more sub defence.

Lesnar barely tried to take him down. He grabbed on to Alistair's leg and just let it go for some reason, he didn't even try to run the pipe or anything he just grabbed his leg, let it go, got fucked up.

Cain isn't going to do that, he'll grab his leg and he'll make sure to drive Alistair to the floor.

Back