Powerlifter Destroys Both Knees and Quads Attempting 800lbs Squat

yeah fair enough considering the forum I shouldn't have connected those dots
Also, it's kind of like me putting in my opinion about if ultra marathons are dangerous. I've never competed in a marathon, and I don't know much about them. But hey, I go jogging a couple times a week so I'm kind of an expert, Ill start giving out advice. I expect you're one of those shitheads that hasn't been under a bar much, but is a bit of an authority on powerlifting.

Last edited:
Also, it's kind of like me putting in my opinion about if ultra marathons are dangerous. I've never competed in a marathon, and I don't know much about them. But hey, I go jogging a couple times a week so I'm kind of an expert, Ill start giving out advice. I expect you're one of those shitheads that hasn't been under a bar much, but is a bit of an authority on powerlifting.
I mean I mentioned this being S&C, I shouldn't have assumed you are coming from the same place as 'just a flu' bros.

But that doesn't mean that you didn't present a completely false dilemma. There are a lot more choices besides attempt 900 lb squats vs be sedentary on the couch. Someone could never have touched a plate and realise that.

I've enjoyed not watching that footage, such a brutal injury.

I'll take my cte over that rite now

@deadshot138 didn't you start a powerlifting thread for posts like this? Too many TUF noobs popping in and giving their shit blue belt in jitz opinions.

Damn, you're right. You're def the top poster there though.
Thats because during lockdown the PRs were flowing like wine and that was advertised as a PR thread. Second job picked back up and progress has ground to a standstill. Did squat 655lbs today, will assess depth and if its sufficient will post video.

Why is everyone so mad? The spectrum of performance and health is a bell curve - at the extreme end of performance in either direction (being sedentary vs chasing world class performance, for almost any physical endeavour) aren't healthy. The "healthiest" place is closer to the middle (but having said that, more towards the performance end) - and that's fine. I don't know anyone who competes at a high level in anything because they place their health as a priority, and I know in competing my health wasn't really my number one concern.

Doing anything to the extreme isn’t healthy. There's no good reason to climb mountains, or explore underwater caves either, but people do it - because some humans are instinctively competitive and curious to see where the edge lies.

Its probably our strongest asset, and the reason why we’re so advanced as a species.

Drinking a glass of wine a week can help your heart, drinking too much water can destroy your kidneys.

Moderation is key

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.golfchannel.com/article/golf-fitness-magazine/10-common-golf-injuries?amp

You should stop typing “son” because you don’t know the slightest of what you are talking about.

Lol, I'm talking in relative terms. No, I'm not a golfing expert. My general point was that every sport at a high level has danger, so if golf fits into that too, cool. I haven't studied golf in detail nor am I interested in it.

But it's obvious that chasing 800+lbs lifts puts incredible stresses on the body that other lower intensity sports like golf don't, that was the point. Any activity that you do obsessively to a high level with your body can lead to injury. I didn't imply that injuries don't exist in golf. Overuse injuries are bad, sure, but it's easier to manage that, than avoiding shit tearing when a bar comes crashing down on you because you were chasing a world record. Not to mention that many elite HW PL will take up crazy diets and steroid cycles that are not conducive to health just to put up those kinds of numbers, and I would assume that is much less commonplace in golf, just because of the nature of it.

Last edited:
My back starts hurting every time i take weight training seriously even if i watch technique

Weird shit

My back starts hurting every time i take weight training seriously even if i watch technique

Weird shit

I hurt my back probably 4 years ago due to a break of maybe 6 months and jumping back in to a squat rack without warming up, easing in to it.
Now if I have a break from lifting, even 90kg for a 'working set', I cannot bend over without pain/extreme weakness in the lower back.

I think it is a muscle imbalance brought on by the injury (favoring muscles to keep the damaged area free of strain).

It eases up in a few weeks of consistent training.

I hurt my back probably 4 years ago due to a break of maybe 6 months and jumping back in to a squat rack without warming up, easing in to it.
Now if I have a break from lifting, even 90kg for a 'working set', I cannot bend over without pain/extreme weakness in the lower back.

I think it is a muscle imbalance brought on by the injury (favoring muscles to keep the damaged area free of strain).

It eases up in a few weeks of consistent training.

Yeah i would understand it if it was heavy weights but we are literally talking beginner weights.

Guess i will keep at it

Yeah i would understand it if it was heavy weights but we are literally talking beginner weights.

Guess i will keep at it
Agreed and same

90kg is nothing, but literally for me I couldn't bend over.

Suggest you do some low level analysis / go to someone and see if there is an underlying muscle imbalance you could address.

Back