• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Powerful/Moving Pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.
capt.cps.nrj65.230908203126.photo02.photo.default-512x341.jpg

I just read through all 81 pages of this. Epic stuff.

25843.JPG

Blinded soldier, New Guinea ( Pte George Whittington being led to an aid station by Raphael Oimbari) 1942

polarbearzz8.jpg

Polar Bear - Norway

tsspike.jpg

Nuclear bomb one millisecond after detonation. You can still see the tower the bomb was attached too.

basilio.jpg

Carmen Basilio celebrating after he knocked out Tony DeMarco in 1955

capt4effc6fa45be4091a08ts6.jpg

?

mcnaught3kemppainenke0.jpg

Explanation: Sometimes the sky itself is the best show in town. On January 26, people from Perth, Australia gathered on a local beach to watch a sky light up with delights near and far. Nearby, fireworks exploded as part of Australia Day celebrations. On the far right, lightning from a thunderstorm flashed in the distance. Near the image center, though, seen through clouds, was the most unusual sight of all: Comet McNaught. The photogenic comet was so bright that it even remained visible though the din of Earthly flashes. Comet McNaught continues to move out from the Sun and dim, but should remain visible in southern skies with binoculars through the end of this month. The above image is actually a three photograph panorama digitally processed to reduce red reflections from the exploding firework.

part 2

51311029_93e046e535.jpg

This photo won a Nikkon award. It's the precise moment velco seperates.

deaddadqv9.jpg

The daughter of a security guard killed outside an iraq school (dead guy is dad)

guatamalaun3.jpg

Victim of prison gang violence in Guatamala

washedupxx2.jpg

Boats washed up by Katrina

cb02f12ajon20s20100dz8.jpg

crazy

primo12cw5.jpg

Carnera and Charlie Chaplin

what a neat thread. thanks for posting all the pictures.
the kid crawling to the relief center with the vulture... i don't even know what to say.

The first pic and story are incredibly sad. That being said I feel his pain and understand why he toolk his own life. Seeing photos like this one and the one of the 13 girl trapped from the landslide, has to make people question their faith.
Death is one thing, but a slowly dieing child is just horrific.

is this for real?

his father must be really mad at him..

Yeah I think it's real...see the link 3 posts above yours.

I guess it's a matter of perspective. His father might be mad at him, or he could be giving him power to deal with this world

No no no no
In short It's the warlords from the Congo Kinshasa war showing that they mean serious bussiness. And it'snot from NG

The war is still raging, but most people don't care or know

It is from National Geographic (NG). Here's the link:
Who Murdered the Virunga Gorillas? - National Geographic Magazine

The chief warden of Virunga park, Honore Mashagiro, with ties to the illegal charcoal trade has been implicated in the killings. Apparently he wanted to discredit Paulin Ngobobo, a game warden who was trying to stop the charcoal poaching:

"Matthieu Cingoro laid out the charges against Mashagiro in a complaint filed March 10 on behalf of the ICCN to the prosecutor general of the Court of Appeals of North Kivu Province, in Goma. The complaint specifically alleges that Mashagiro ran an illegal charcoal network, intimidated Ngobobo and other rangers, and met with six rangers to plan the gorilla murders in order to undermine Ngobobo's standing in the community and ultimately remove him from the park service."

It's a video, but very inspiring

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wTsVzOKqK-k&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wTsVzOKqK-k&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I have seen this before but it meant nothing to me. But now I have a son with autism, and this video has given me so much hope for him and his future.

Thank you so much for finding and posting this.

ok videos too?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kerMm0HG1mk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kerMm0HG1mk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

This one made me cry

16.jpg

This is the wife of a US Marine who was killed in the War in Iraq, She asked if she could sleep next to him for one last time, and the Marines made as good a bed for her as they could, she played music on the laptop which reminded her of her husband until she fell asleep.

As she was falling asleep, the Marine Standing guard asked her if she would like him to stay there. Her reply was " I think that's what he (her husband) would have wanted."

470px-BB61_USS_Iowa_BB61_broadside_.jpg

ussiowa.jpg

The USS Iowa Firing all of her guns, what an impressive display of power.

bye1.jpg

The ones about the brother sent chills down my spine.

This is exactly why all of these people need to die ... NOW!! Erase them all from the face of the fucking earth.

STFU! If they had the technology to drop bombs from above, like a fucking coward, perhaps they would. They don't, so they fight w/ the technology that they have.

I know that it scares the shit out of you to see someone willing to put their life on the line to stand up against western aggression.

STFU! If they had the technology to drop bombs from above, like a fucking coward, perhaps they would. They don't, so they fight w/ the technology that they have.

The US does not drop bombs from above, we drop guided missles that minimize civilian casualties. The only civilians killed were being used by terrorists as human shields. Mistakes do happen, but we are at war. When Russia invaded Georgia recently, the did not even try to avoid kiling civilians. They use rape as a terror weapon.

I know that it scares the shit out of you to see someone willing to put their life on the line to stand up against western aggression.

Western agression? Not quite. During the final months of the Clinton administration, he brokered a peace deal between Isreal and the Palestinians. The palestinians were offered their own country of Palestine and peace with Israel. They refused. They want war and violence. Israel does not target Palestinian civilians. The Paelstinians do target Israeli civilians. If the Israelis wanted to, the could kill every Palestinian in a manner of months. But they want peace.

every snow flake is individual, symmetrical,every snow flake is unique,every single one

snowflake1_1.jpg

It is the hand of God IMO

ok videos too?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kerMm0HG1mk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kerMm0HG1mk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

LynchMob im with u on this one. it made me cry aswell but beautiful nontheless, tears of absolute joy. Metroluo thnx for posting this vid.

i said this once already but this thread is amazing in more ways then one and as hard as some of these pics are to see most are just great and need to be seen by everyone. thnx to everyone that has posted so far.

-Rob

The US does not drop bombs from above, we drop guided missles that minimize civilian casualties. The only civilians killed were being used by terrorists as human shields. Mistakes do happen, but we are at war. When Russia invaded Georgia recently, the did not even try to avoid kiling civilians. They use rape as a terror weapon.

Western agression? Not quite. During the final months of the Clinton administration, he brokered a peace deal between Isreal and the Palestinians. The palestinians were offered their own country of Palestine and peace with Israel. They refused. They want war and violence. Israel does not target Palestinian civilians. The Paelstinians do target Israeli civilians. If the Israelis wanted to, the could kill every Palestinian in a manner of months. But they want peace.

lol the statehood deal that was offered was that the palis would get the west bank and gaza, but not all of it. israeli settlements would remain, israel would control the airspace and water resources and a national army would be banned. helluva deal for the palis.

peace doesnt equal building communities on other peoples land.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
romanych
Back