Power To The People???

Flounder

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Ok. Got this book in a lot of books I purchased off Ebay. Thumbed through it, and wasn't really impressed. Reading another thread on here earlier where someone asked advice on recommended reading, and this was a book suggested by someone. I decided to check it out again, and am intrigued by the theories inside. Anyone use this training method?? Any success?

Pavel Tsatsouline is on par with Matt Furey.

Much of what is stated in

I didn't know Pavel was nearly as despised at Furey. I guess Matt's just more obnoxious and easier to mock.

I cant agree that Pavel is on the same level as Furey, thats just not true.

I was wondering if there was going to be the comparison to Furey. The back of the book is loaded with other "programs".

krellik said:
I cant agree that Pavel is on the same level as Furey, thats just not true.

I don't know, man, I've been wondering that myself, but too insecure to say anything, since it seemed he was so highly regarded here, and I know very little about him.

But his kettlebell book is good, right, Entropy?

What resource do you guys who work out with KB's use to structure your program?

I have used KB's on occasion and I actually used the programs from "Power to the People". I really never thought of him on the same level as Matt before either but i'm starting to wonder.

Entropy, can you explain why you have Pavel on the same level as Furey, in more depth please.

ENTROPY said:
Pavel Tsatsouline is on par with Matt Furey.

Much of what is stated in

Pavel is a gimmick-monkey for sure (hahah, get it? god I am sooo witty) but he's not as bad as Furrey. The only guy as bad as Matt, is John Wood with his "functional handstength".

Beware all leters/articles that start with "dear friend" or "dear disgusting capitalist pig....I mean comrade"

Thanks for the input guys. Maybe I'll try the Power to the People program for a while. I'm a beginner, and need to build some core strength, and I'll see how that goes.

i have power to the people, but i dont think its anything special. i wouldnt recomend 2 sets of 5, but rest is ok.

Power to the People was the first book I got that stressed strength over bodybuilding. I don't think you can put him in with Furey because he does tout the value of heavy compund lifts: deadlifts, bench press, squats, military press. His gimmicks and overabundence of ads are annoying and some of his claims are ridiculous. I used the program in the book about 1.5 years ago, and it did work but it's overly simplistic. One upper body press and deadlifts for 2 sets of 5 just aren't enough. The book has some good info for someone being introduced to lifting for strength purposes, but better programs can be found in the stickies.

Carlos Santana...he in the same class as Pavel and Furey ?? Louie Simmons too ???

farmboy said:
I didn't know Pavel was nearly as despised at Furey. I guess Matt's just more obnoxious and easier to mock.

He is not despised by most; in fact he

CarnalSalvation said:
The only guy as bad as Matt, is John Wood with his "functional handstength".

I was looking through his site and thought it was okay till I came across proof that he shall have a special place to burn in hell. He played high school football in Ohio, then played college at UM. For the love of god the man is a traitor to his State. 117 other D1A schools to choose, and he chooses the arch-rival. Maybe he'll be at that Mich Grip Comp when Carnal pounds that dude so I can practice my sledgehammer techniques.

Plus, what is up with the cost on his anodized grippers? 54 bucks for a CoC rip-off.... nice

CarnalSalvation said:
The only guy as bad as Matt, is John Wood with his "functional handstength".

I was looking through his site and thought it was okay till I came across proof that he shall have a special place to burn in hell. He played high school football in Ohio, then played college at UM. For the love of god the man is a traitor to his State. 117 other D1A schools to choose, and he chooses the arch-rival. Maybe he'll be at that Mich Grip Comp when Carnal pounds that dude so I can practice my sledgehammer techniques.

Plus, what is up with the cost on his anodized grippers? 54 bucks for a CoC rip-off.... nice

Entrophy - I just sent this email to you, but it didn't work, so here is what I wrote:

i need your email to send the book if you weren't just being sarcastic.

If you've been lifting for 7 years at the point when you bought that book, then shame on you. The book wasn't meant for you.

If you started out doing 3 sets of 12 reps (which you were if someone didn't get you started in the right direction at first, then the book would have some value.

Back