• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

*** Power Slap Championship Discussion MEGA THREAD ***Power Slap 8 Friday June 28 9pm EST

Do you love or hate Power Slap (Fighting)?

• Total voters
Alexander Volkov showed up to di slap event tonight showin off his new Slap shirt n even had a special walkout. Bro's ready to take part in the fastest growin' sport on di Earth!!

View attachment 1050229

Ting was lit fam he did a good job gettin' his Russian bro hyped up lookin' sexy stylin' on di opps

View attachment 1050233

Ting worked too won wif style thanks to di Russian Chad's style coachin'

Other crossovers include:

Anthony Smith studying under Senior catcher Forrest Griffin str8 locked in fam

View attachment 1050231

Alan Jouban snaggin' a Junior Commentator gig gettin' mentored by Bisping

View attachment 1050232

And of course former UFC star n OF legend Paige Vanzant flinchin' her way to victory

So do you support the growing sport of #PowerSlap and the opportunities it gives UFC mandem?

I think Paige probably makes more when she gets a different type of meat smacked across her face.

Just because I like the way he belittles fighters the ones who deserve it, ones who don't make weight, ones who complain, Tyron Woodley calling racism, denying fights etc.

Why would it leave a bad taste in my mouth? I'm a consumer, I have no stake in this sport. I watch the sport as a consumer. I could care less what they get paid or their financials. I focus on my career, life and family instead of worrying about fighters who make mor than 10% on the planet.

Again, you put these fighters to high on a pedestal, they are grown adults who chose MMA as their career, Dana did not put a gun to their heads and all you people here are a bunch of hypocrites, you know it's true.

To enjoy seeing a billionaire edgelord boxercise instructor talk down to the people who make him rich is really kind of a sad.

The reason I want to see them paid well/taken care of isn’t even a moral high-horse; more money makes the sport more attractive to a larger pool of talent and lets them focus on their training, which leads to better fights.

If you actually cared about seeing the quality of fights/fighters increase you’d want to see them get paid more, which is a completely selfish reason (no morality/hypocrisy there) but still benefits them.

But you can’t even see it from that perspective, you just want to see fighters grovel for peanuts because it amuses you.

Dana created power slap just like he created the ufc. Rumor has it he was somehow involved in developing boxing but not confirmed.
Dana is a genius.

Just caught up to the event. That Dumpling KO was brutal.

Those Hawaiians haver different chins but they kind of seem to lack the KO power.

To enjoy seeing a billionaire edgelord boxercise instructor talk down to the people who make him rich is really kind of a sad.

The reason I want to see them paid well/taken care of isn’t even a moral high-horse; more money makes the sport more attractive to a larger pool of talent and lets them focus on their training, which leads to better fights.

If you actually cared about seeing the quality of fights/fighters increase you’d want to see them get paid more, which is a completely selfish reason (no morality/hypocrisy there) but still benefits them.

But you can’t even see it from that perspective, you just want to see fighters grovel for peanuts because it amuses you.
Kinda sad? You do realize you people do the say same shit on this site right?

Start your own org, problem solved. You want to see what happens when fighter get paid well but suck at their job. And mismanagement from the presidents of organization? Enter Scott Coker and soon PFL.

Only fighters groveling are the ones who suck, harsh truth. The ones who don’t get paid accordingly. Like in any form of employment,, you get paid what your worth, not because you participating and going through the motions.

We’re not getting anywhere with this, just like people constantly crying over fighter pay and Dana.

Kinda sad? You do realize you people do the say same shit on this site right?

Start your own org, problem solved. You want to see what happens when fighter get paid well but suck at their job. And mismanagement from the presidents of organization? Enter Scott Coker and soon PFL.

Only fighters groveling are the ones who suck, harsh truth. The ones who don’t get paid accordingly. Like in any form of employment,, you get paid what your worth, not because you participating and going through the motions.

We’re not getting anywhere with this, just like people constantly crying over fighter pay and Dana.

lol you don’t even like fighting bro

Sure I don't, that's why I actually purchased PPV's and has gone to events, own apparel from fighters I like and enjoy watching. But sure, I don't like fighting.

You don't actually seemingly enjoy high-level combat or want to advocate for it and instead are happy with the status quo/modus operandi which is a perpetual watering down of the product.

The quality of fights has gotten objectively worse over time at an increasing rate and a lot of it has to do with how fucking cheap the UFC is (i.e. not signing the best talent, under-paying people so they work second jobs/have no job security, restrictive contracts limiting outside earning potential with sponsorships and cross-competition, making it seem like an "opportunity" instead of a high-paying career so there is little incentive for most high-level athletes to want to do MMA instead of other sports).

So if you are a fan as you claim why would you enjoy seeing the people who are literally putting their lives perpetually at risk to entertain you in blood sport be belittled by the bald one?

You don't actually seemingly enjoy high-level combat or want to advocate for it and instead are happy with the status quo/modus operandi which is a perpetual watering down of the product.

The quality of fights has gotten objectively worse over time at an increasing rate and a lot of it has to do with how fucking cheap the UFC is (i.e. not signing the best talent, under-paying people so they work second jobs/have no job security, restrictive contracts limiting outside earning potential with sponsorships and cross-competition, making it seem like an "opportunity" instead of a high-paying career so there is little incentive for most high-level athletes to want to do MMA instead of other sports).

So if you are a fan as you claim why would you enjoy seeing the people who are literally putting their lives perpetually at risk to entertain you in blood sport be belittled by the bald one?

Because out here in the real world of employment, you do a shit job, you get chewed the fuck out or fired. Something it seems like you don't understand. You put these fighters too high on pedestal that is your thinking. If they get paid so little they can join the rest of us or they can just quit MMA all together, these fighters are not solely married to fighting. Again, I don't care these guys get paid or do with their lives, they're grown adults not kids. Im willing to bet you illegally streamed most events but yet you come here with virtue signalling attitude.

Because out here in the real world of employment, you do a shit job, you get chewed the fuck out or fired. Something it seems like you don't understand. You put these fighters too high on pedestal that is your thinking. If they get paid so little they can join the rest of us or they can just quit MMA all together, these fighters are not solely married to fighting. Again, I don't care these guys get paid or do with their lives, they're grown adults not kids. Im willing to bet you illegally streamed most events but yet you come here with virtue signalling attitude.

I just want to see good fights bro, so I really don’t know what the hell you are doing out here.

If you can’t understand how them making money correlates to better fights then you are just a lost cause at this point sorry to say.

You claim to be a fan of fighting but it doesn’t really seem that way, no matter how many PPV or shirts you buy doesn’t change that fact.

I just want to see good fights bro, so I really don’t know what the hell you are doing out here.

If you can’t understand how them making money correlates to better fights then you are just a lost cause at this point sorry to say.

You claim to be a fan of fighting but it doesn’t really seem that way, no matter how many PPV or shirts you buy doesn’t change that fact.
So being a fan I have to care how much they get paid? Lol. So I should be like you? Care so much about how much they get paid, yet do hack shit about it? Instead illegally stream events in b same vein shit on everything including the fighters. Hypocrite.

So being a fan I have to care how much they get paid? Lol. So I should be like you? Care so much about how much they get paid, yet do hack shit about it? Instead illegally stream events in b same vein shit on everything including the fighters. Hypocrite.

I’m not asking you to do shit except acknowledge basic facts that have been posited to you, but you are literally incapable of basic reading comprehension.

I gave you a litany of reasons of how fighters making more money means better fights, which is what I care about as an actual “fight fan,” but you just gloss over anything you don’t care to acknowledge because it’s easier to live life in a bubble.

Good luck in there bro.

Back