• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

*** Power Slap Championship Discussion MEGA THREAD ***Power Slap 7 Friday April 12 9pm EST

Do you love or hate Power Slap (Fighting)?

• Total voters
The show is trash, shocked it wasn't sponsored by Brawndo and Carls Jr.

We need Conor vs Artem Slap Duel to settle the score and bad blood
Huge opportunity
That’s one slap fight I would watch
(Maybe give Artem a handicap for having no reach)

How does someone accept these injuries as part of the sport; and at the same time look at another sport and say "that's too damaging and dangerous?"

Look, this is really simple if you start thinking.

All your examples are examples of fights ending because someone was worn down to the point that their defences were temporarily removed. They started the fight with all their defences intact and the vast majority of fights do not end with fighters as defenceless as you describe. In fact, in modern MMA the referee is able (and frequently expected) to jump in and save a defenceless fighter from further damage.

Power slap never starts with fighters able and expected to defend themselves. All Power Slap ever is is an accumulation of brain damage. There is no way to prevent it, as happens MMA through extensive skill training and strategy.

The only reason the two seem identical to you is because you're not really thinking about it. (And this is all assuming that your half-assed comparisons are being offered in good faith and you're not just shitposting things that are deliberately ignorant.)

I can't believe so many MMA fans are taking the high road in regards to another combat sport. The 2 primary points of opposition are: 1) no defense, 2) high CTE potential. You are some hypocritical mofo's. Are you all just in denial about what you are watching?

/QUOTE]

Just stop with this is a "sport". It's a freak show. If you like it, fine. Also, enjoy it while you can, cause I don't see it being around for long.

The only reason the two seem identical to you is because you're not really thinking about it. (And this is all assuming that your half-assed comparisons are being offered in good faith and you're not just shitposting things that are deliberately ignorant.)

So we are 900 posts in to the Slap fight mega thread and you come in as a contrarian throwing around words like "shitposting"? Might be time for a little self reflection Brother.

So we are 900 posts in to the Slap fight mega thread and you come in as a contrarian throwing around words like "shitposting"? Might be time for a little self reflection Brother.

This is your reaction to someone pointing out how comically dense your argument is? Okay, you have to be doing this on purpose.

Also, enjoy it while you can, cause I don't see it being around for long.

Maybe, maybe not. 2 years ago practically nobody had ever heard of organized slap fighting. A couple nights ago it made it's debut on mainstream cable on TBS. They have trash talk, impact, KO's, drama, super cool slo mo replays. That's a product they can deliver consistently with minimal blood and broken bones. If they are able to develop a couple personalities this first season on TV, I wouldn't be surprised at all to see this stick around awhile.

I really could care less when this new fad fades away..

but before that happens, could we please get a Celebrity Slap Fight episode first.

Interesting that this thing has just started, and this looks worse than all but a few of the MMA injuries I've seen to the face.
lTIXSTH.png

Why the fuck is this in the UFC forum? Should have its own degenerate piece of shit sub like pro wrestling or helwangi/squab content.

Interesting that this thing has just started, and this looks worse than all but a few of the MMA injuries I've seen to the face.
lTIXSTH.png
...and I'm sure Dana will be happy to pay for the extensive plastic surgery required to put this poor shmoe's face back together...not.

Good thing you can find a worse one from the 30 years of MMA than one night of slap. Not sure that makes any kind of a case though.
Knock it off! Like you didn't Cherry-pick a bit yourself. That's what Comsa looked like after a 1 night, single elimination 8 man tournament where he won 3 fights. He received far more than the 3-5 slaps proposed by PowerSlap.

...and I'm sure Dana will be happy to pay for the extensive plastic surgery required to put this poor shmoe's face back together...not.

I've seen Bee stings cause more swelling.

Knock it off! Like you didn't Cherry-pick a bit yourself. That's what Comsa looked like after a 1 night, single elimination 8 man tournament where he won 3 fights. He received far more than the 3-5 slaps proposed by PowerSlap.
Cherry pick? I didn't pick anything, I saw a picture on the Internet of a sport that just started, you picked from 30 years of MMA injuries.

I wonder what these guys are getting paid. I'm sure it's abysmal. I doubt sponsorship will ever be an option either. Who would want to put their company name on this crap? What's the incentive to get into this? I bet they end up doing tournaments for a cash prize.

Back