Potential Nate Diaz WW shot if he wins?

• Thread starter Deleted member 359865
  • Start date
I cant co-sign on this.

A title shot based on a 3-fight win streak where 2 of them werent at the weight class, and 2 of them were against a guy who has never won a UFC fight at the weight class?

Nah. Not for me. Would be ridiculous.

Ridiculous seems to fit title shots in the UFC from time to time, Conor got a LW shot by winning the FW belt, Henderson seems to have got a title shot off a KO win years ago.....Nate is 4th in the division, his name is out there, if he wins, even when you will be correct and his last two "biggest" wins will be a guy from a lower weight class, thats still better than old man Hendo´s shot, and a fight that makes at least some sense, because well, last time the LW belt was on the line it was on Fight Pass.

I think it's funny that any fight right now that involves Nate people say it's a "money fight".
I bet his fight against either Woodley or Alvarez wouldn't make 500k PPV, and in the case of a loss (which is high) his next fight would do even worst.

Ridiculous seems to fit title shots in the UFC from time to time, Conor got a LW shot by winning the FW belt, Henderson seems to have got a title shot off a KO win years ago.....Nate is 4th in the division, his name is out there, if he wins, even when you will be correct and his last two "biggest" wins will be a guy from a lower weight class, thats still better than old man Hendo´s shot, and a fight that makes at least some sense, because well, last time the LW belt was on the line it was on Fight Pass.

I just dont buy into the "well this guy got an even worse title shot so that justifies this one" logic.

If you ask me objectively on this particular case, should a guy get a lightweight title shot off the back of 2 wins over a featherweight at welterweight, I say Hell No, even though I consider myself a Diaz fan.

Just because the UFC has devalued the titles and title shots in recent years doesnt mean we all have to get on board.

I still believe the title shot should go to the guy who has beaten most live contenders in the division in a convincing run. That belief wont change regardless of who the fighter under discussion is.

I just dont buy into the "well this guy got an even worse title shot so that justifies this one" logic.

If you ask me objectively on this particular case, should a guy get a lightweight title shot off the back of 2 wins over a featherweight at welterweight, I say Hell No, even though I consider myself a Diaz fan.

Just because the UFC has devalued the titles and title shots in recent years doesnt mean we all have to get on board.

I still believe the title shot should go to the guy who has beaten most live contenders in the division in a convincing run. That belief wont change regardless of who the fighter under discussion is.

The current champion got the title shot after going 2-1 in the UFC, and IMO he lost to Pettis.... The current top contenders are Khabib and Ferguson, they were scheduled to fight, fights were canceled, both ended up fighting newcomers and at least Ferguson seems to have got the most trouble in his fight, but that guy was LEGIT imo, i would pick either of them two to fight Eddie, but i wouldnt mind watching Nate fight him and jump on the line and have them all fight on the same card as main and co-main (would prefer a 5 round fight tho), in the end, Khabib and Tony were supposed to fight each other and the winner would had gotten a title shot before Eddie had his.

The current champion got the title shot after going 2-1 in the UFC, and IMO he lost to Pettis.... The current top contenders are Khabib and Ferguson, they were scheduled to fight, fights were canceled, both ended up fighting newcomers and at least Ferguson seems to have got the most trouble in his fight, but that guy was LEGIT imo, i would pick either of them two to fight Eddie, but i wouldnt mind watching Nate fight him and jump on the line and have them all fight on the same card as main and co-main (would prefer a 5 round fight tho), in the end, Khabib and Tony were supposed to fight each other and the winner would had gotten a title shot before Eddie had his.

Yeah, I can't get behind a Diaz title shot when Ferguson is 8-0 in the division, and Khabib is 7-0, and RDA beat the brakes off Nate. For me, he would need a win over another live contender such as RDA or Barboza or Poirier. As of now, the only live contender he has beaten in the current run is Michael Johnson, and I just don't think one contender win is enough for a title shot in one of the premier divisions in the sport. JMHO.

Back