Potential death of PC Gaming: Microsoft looking to acquire EA, Valve, PUBG [RUMOR]

there is no death sentence for pc gaming ever....they wont get valve anyway it prints money and gabe enjoys money

Seriously doubt that. If anything they would be buying into it, and potentially make it better.

What are you worried they are going to do, shut down steam? That makes no sense. Lets get rid of another revenue stream, eh?

Microsoft seems pretty invested in this whole personal computer thing...

I would love Microsoft forever if they acquired EA and killed it off like EA has done to so many good gaming companies over the years.

I would love Microsoft forever if they acquired EA and killed it off like EA has done to so many good gaming companies over the years.
while m$ could in theory buy either, Gabe likely won't sell Steam. I would Imagine some licensees wouldn't necessarily carry over for NFL, FIFA, and Star Wars come to mind.

Steam already killed pc gaming. Dogshit platform

I remember the days when you could launch day of defeat or counterstrike as stand-alone games and they would play smoothly. now your pc has to allocate resources to keep a badly written platform up while you play and it's not always smooth sailing

I remember the days when you could launch day of defeat or counterstrike as stand-alone games and they would play smoothly. now your pc has to allocate resources to keep a badly written platform up while you play and it's not always smooth sailing

If the steam client is causing your pc to slow down, you need to upgrade your potato.

I remember how pissed I was when I bought the Fallout: New Vegas PC DVD, and it forced me to install Steam and download it using my very limited bandwidth (back when "bandwidth caps" were a thing).

Now I can't live without Steam.

To TS' point, PUBG is just one game which will come and go, EA has a horrible reputation but has some good IPs, and although Steam is the primary PC gaming platform, it's not like Microsoft will own the entire PC gaming world just by acquiring it.

Microsoft is definitely a creepy company, and if Steam becomes "too Microsoft" (IE: tracking PC users, behaviours, etc), it'll open the door for another platform to come in and take market share.

Gaben wood smash Gates in a 1 on 1.

original.png

With behemoths like the PS4 Pro and the Xbox One X on the market now PC gaming is steadily becoming obsolete.

I hate the idea of Microsoft buying Steam even though I do most of my gaming either on PS4 and what little PC gaming I do is Blizzard titles like Diablo and Starcraft. Still, I don’t like Microsoft. I bought an Xbox One S a few weeks ago for cheap on a post Christmas sale. I don’t like it very much compared to my old 360.

To TS' point,

Dont see a PUBG Corp purchase being viable long term like their acquisition of Minecraft. EA on the other hand would be smart.

In the rare Q&A Valve did last year they expressed continued issues with the direction Microsoft was going in Windows. This is why they began developing the Steam OS off the Linux kernel. Been awhile since ive looked into it. But all of Valves and Blizzards backend system primarily are running on Linux.

<JerryWWF>
<WhoJeff>
With behemoths like the PS4 Pro and the Xbox One X on the market now PC gaming is steadily becoming obsolete.
<Manning1>

Back