Potential death of PC Gaming: Microsoft looking to acquire EA, Valve, PUBG [RUMOR]

Good.

Maybe Microsoft can release HL3.

Good.

Maybe Microsoft can release HL3.
latest

Good hopefully they buy EA and then fix Mass Effect. EA has some good IPs but terrible marketing. I think microsoft can turn em around.

I'm new to PC gaming so can't compare today to the old days but Steam seems like a great platform. It's hard to believe MS wouldn't kill it as a standalone program and try to integrate it into Windows so for that reason I'm not a fan of a Valve buyout.

If MS bought Steam, I wonder how long it would take them to introduce Steam Live. It's only $50 a year to get the same services it always had folks...
32b.jpg

I'd like to see them work more closely together. I love that they've brought some great titles to Steam, but too much is held back. I'd love Halo titles on Steam with workshop supported.

I don't want them in any leadership position, pc gaming wise. They had their chance with Games For Windows live, what a mess. Their priorities are elsewhere, as their focus is on their consoles and I, like most pc gamers, hate closed systems like that.

I'd love to see them buy out EA, they can't do any worse.

I'm new to PC gaming so can't compare today to the old days but Steam seems like a great platform. It's hard to believe MS wouldn't kill it as a standalone program and try to integrate it into Windows so for that reason I'm not a fan of a Valve buyout.
It's never been a better time to be a PC gamer. Aside from the many services and endless deals/sales, ports are given far better attention. The modding community for games that support it is incredible and vast. Because of Steam's success, so many classic titles are getting makeovers and even decade old patches.

I used to pirate games like crazy because they were so hard to buy. Now I just wait for sales. I don't like that on Steam we don't own the game outside the platform, but that's why I support GOG as often as I can.

Good hopefully they buy EA and then fix Mass Effect. EA has some good IPs but terrible marketing. I think microsoft can turn em around.
Marketing isn't the problem with Mass Effect Andromeda, it's identity politics. There was awful management too, they never really had the time to make a proper game because of interference from the suits. I don't think any amount of time would have improved the writing and social justice rot at its core though.

Idk, I'm obviously out of the modern PC gaming world.
I still play Master of Magic, Betrayal at Krondor, Jagged Alliance, and some other oldies regularly.

Marketing isn't the problem with Mass Effect Andromeda, it's identity politics. There was awful management too, they never really had the time to make a proper game because of interference from the suits. I don't think any amount of time would have improved the writing and social justice rot at its core though.

I wrote that post hastily. I didn't mean marketing in an advertisement sort of way. I mean with their community managers, and poor public opinion with shit like loot boxes etc.

PC gaming has been dying for years but somehow is making more money than ever, so weird.

Steam already killed pc gaming. Dogshit platform

I remember the days when you could launch day of defeat or counterstrike as stand-alone games and they would play smoothly. now your pc has to allocate resources to keep a badly written platform up while you play and it's not always smooth sailing

You're literally the only person I've ever heard complain about Steam for that reason. Not even joking.

The DRM I can understand (having to login to an account, etc. just to play a game), but the performance? Steam is incredibly efficient in that regard. It takes up barely any resources at all.

Seeing that Microsoft has made many of it's Xbox games available on PC, even if they did acquire all of those they would not kill PC gaming. Why would you think they would buy Valve and then kill Steam?

They'd certainly find a way to fuck it up.

They can buy EA though, could do nothing but improve that garbage company.

Maybe we'd get a Steam UI update, Half-Life 3 and decent customer support if MS bought Valve.

Bioware's always had "sjw rot" aka diversity in their games. It's just nowadays retarded neckbearded virgins get all up tight about everything and feel the need to constantly tell us about it.

Steam already killed pc gaming. Dogshit platform

I remember the days when you could launch day of defeat or counterstrike as stand-alone games and they would play smoothly. now your pc has to allocate resources to keep a badly written platform up while you play and it's not always smooth sailing

WAIT a second...

There are still Steam deniers out there?

Bioware's always had "sjw rot" aka diversity in their games. It's just nowadays retarded neckbearded virgins get all up tight about everything and feel the need to constantly tell us about it.

Bioware Montreal, the team that made Andromeda, isn't (wasn't) the Bioware that made KOTOR 1, or the original ME trilogy. That Bioware is dead and buried.

You can get quality gaming ready PCs so much cheaper now too. Prebuilts for gaming as well that don't suck and aren't as overpriced as they used to be.

You don't need a minor in computer science and real job to game like you used to.

Andromeda had some stuff in it that was a significantly larger step in that direction than any of Bioware's previous titles. Example: the totally forced and tone-deaf transsexual dialogue on the first planet that ultimately had to be removed when actual trans people let them know it was horseshit.

Back