Post Your Gloves/Gear

@log300
I just had a look through Adams Boxing's instagram at different pictures of their gloves. I think you could be right there about them being the same supplier. That would also mean that these gloves are quite a bit cheaper through Juan than they are through Adams Boxing.

Here are mine
upload_2019-3-25_8-39-33.png

16oz Sabas, Ringside, New Sporting
14oz Winning, Top Boxer
10oz Rival

Last edited:
Custom synthetic lace-up Topboxer 12oz gloves with Winning-style padding and triple cuff

oW2sPPK.jpg

bk7oLLR.jpg

what's your opinion on the Ringsides?

surprised by how compact the New Sporting are
The ringsides are better than I thought they would be. I got them for next to nothing (from a pro) the leather wasn't great inside the cuffs were he had taped them (they are Velcro) but the padding was in great condition as hardly been used.

I have been using them a fair bit for my classes, we do a lot of drills, and have to take them on and off. I also done a little sparing in them they are softer than Reyes, similar to the rival sparing gloves I would say.

As for the New Sporting yes they are very compact and hence pretty hard I don't feel comfortable sparing in them at my current club so I only used them once and pretty much saving them for now.

Man they look nice ! How you compare them with the Top Boxer ones ?
They're so different that they are almost not worth comparing. But I can give a quick +/- for the NS after I finally used them for a bag session last night.

+ves:
- Colours are awesome. The glove looks fantastic. The green is a bit darker than I requested but I guess it's just the closest match they had. I am very hapy with this regardless. The gold piping is also very nice.
- The straight thumb is VERY comfortable, it suits my natural hand position(better than TB in this respect)
- The leather is very thick, looks very durable
- The second grip bar under the fingertips is a nice addition

-ves:
- 360 strap is a pain in the ass. The gloves both weigh around 16.5oz. I imagine if they just used a normal 180 or a hybrid closure that the gloves would be 15ish ozs. I requested a hybrid closure when I bought it, but was told that they cannot do it with this 2B padding (despite there being examples on instagram.)
- Overall craftsmanship is 'meh.' Loose stitches on the inside, badly cut piping. The stitching veering off towards the thumb for no reason instead of remaining in the centre, I looked on their page and they seem to do this on some models and not on others.
- Welted seams are messy. In some places it is non existent and in some places it looks like they have made mistakes (can provide photos of this)
- Loose leather on the top of the glove, the padding definitely does not fill out the glove. It really looks like padding and glove were not made for each other. It's very noticeable when a fist is made
- The gloves are a bit dissimilar in terms of cut, size, padding etc. Even the angle on the side of the glove is different between the 2 of them
- For being 'work of artisanal quality,' the consistency in one set of gloves is non-existent

Observations:
- The wrist is slim but the hand pocket is big. I have above average hands, so the size internally is not a problem. There is a definite gap between knuckle and padding but this gaps closes nicely when a fist is made and I have reasonable contact between knuckle and padding when landing a punch.
- Leather is very stiff, these will take time to break in. In fact, it is a little difficult to maintain a fist position for a long time without getting tired, but I assume this will get better over time.
- Longer cuff than TB (not bad or worse)

Gloves overall: 6/10
They are ok

NS experience: 2/10
Promised date: 1st March
Actual date: 4th April
Horrible customer experience
Lies, false promises, bad treatment and defensiveness when asked about their gloves. Some choice moments:
- Not knowing that 1st March came after February 28th
- 5 weeks after payment telling me they can't make that kind of closure (despite evidence to the contrary)
- Had to go to Guadalajara for business, send the gloves on Tuesday
- Arrived at night, will send photos the next day
- Sends pictures of green leather
- Social media was broken
- Sewing machine broken (sends picture of green leather again)
- Wrong label
- Says parcel people only come on certain days
- When I ask about the stitching, gets very defensive. I ask about the piping, gets very defensive.
- Send a picture of a DHL office but doesn't send the gloves

Sorry for the rant.

Last edited:
Hello everybody i got these but can someone tell me they are legit or not im not sure.. Thanks

Attachments

• received_2242162929195979.jpeg
    received_2242162929195979.jpeg
    35.1 KB · Views: 96
They're so different that they are almost not worth comparing. But I can give a quick +/- for the NS after I finally used them for a bag session last night.

+ves:
- Colours are awesome. The glove looks fantastic. The green is a bit darker than I requested but I guess it's just the closest match they had. I am very hapy with this regardless. The gold piping is also very nice.
- The straight thumb is VERY comfortable, it suits my natural hand position(better than TB in this respect)
- The leather is very thick, looks very durable
- The second grip bar under the fingertips is a nice addition

-ves:
- 360 strap is a pain in the ass. The gloves both weigh around 16.5oz. I imagine if they just used a normal 180 or a hybrid closure that the gloves would be 15ish ozs. I requested a hybrid closure when I bought it, but was told that they cannot do it with this 2B padding (despite there being examples on instagram.)
- Overall craftsmanship is 'meh.' Loose stitches on the inside, badly cut piping. The stitching veering off towards the thumb for no reason instead of remaining in the centre, I looked on their page and they seem to do this on some models and not on others.
- Welted seams are messy. In some places it is non existent and in some places it looks like they have made mistakes (can provide photos of this)
- Loose leather on the top of the glove, the padding definitely does not fill out the glove. It really looks like padding and glove were not made for each other. It's very noticeable when a fist is made
- The gloves are a bit dissimilar in terms of cut, size, padding etc. Even the angle on the side of the glove is different between the 2 of them
- For being 'work of artisanal quality,' the consistency in one set of gloves is non-existent

Observations:
- The wrist is slim but the hand pocket is big. I have above average hands, so the size internally is not a problem. There is a definite gap between knuckle and padding but this gaps closes nicely when a fist is made and I have reasonable contact between knuckle and padding when landing a punch.
- Leather is very stiff, these will take time to break in. In fact, it is a little difficult to maintain a fist position for a long time without getting tired, but I assume this will get better over time.
- Longer cuff than TB (not bad or worse)

Gloves overall: 6/10
They are ok

NS experience: 2/10
Promised date: 1st March
Actual date: 4th April
Horrible customer experience
Lies, false promises, bad treatment and defensiveness when asked about their gloves. Some choice moments:
- Not knowing that 1st March came after February 28th
- 5 weeks after payment telling me they can't make that kind of closure (despite evidence to the contrary)
- Had to go to Guadalajara for business, send the gloves on Tuesday
- Arrived at night, will send photos the next day
- Sends pictures of green leather
- Social media was broken
- Sewing machine broken (sends picture of green leather again)
- Wrong label
- Says parcel people only come on certain days
- When I ask about the stitching, gets very defensive. I ask about the piping, gets very defensive.
- Send a picture of a DHL office but doesn't send the gloves

Sorry for the rant.

Man it sucks ! Mine were so wide inside that even when wrapoing thai style, my hands kept moving from side to side. Also had that gap between my knuckles and the padding. Sold them as I could not get pass this. Craftmenship was good. Only one loose thread near the cuff. Brought them to a cobbler and he fixed it.

Man it sucks ! Mine were so wide inside that even when wrapoing thai style, my hands kept moving from side to side. Also had that gap between my knuckles and the padding. Sold them as I could not get pass this. Craftmenship was good. Only one loose thread near the cuff. Brought them to a cobbler and he fixed it.
The TB hand compartment is actually quite a bit wider, but because of the soft padding the hand feels surrounded. Interesting about the cobbler, I wonder if it is worth the trouble to have someone convert it to the normal style strap

Back