Post Mesocycle - What now?

Lorenz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
So its a preety simple question - I'm coming up to the end of my first B.S 5x5 cycle, and I'm a little confused about what to do for the few weeks of de-loading in between this cycle, and starting the next one (Which will be another run through the 5x5).

- Should I just sit at home and give my CNS lots of rest? I would hate that as I'm really loving this program, and dont want to miss any training time.

- Do some dynamic work, and possibly even, *GASP*, some isolation work? (stuff that wont be harmful on the CNS)

- Something else?

Oh... well reading the Eclipse Gym 5x5 article linked in the FAQ, it suggested 2 weeks so I figured that would suffice. The weight I'm using is still preety light, so if I could do less then 2 weeks, safely, then that would be great aswell.

How long were you on the BS 5x5 before this deload?

Either, do some GPP during the week or two off, plus dynamic stretches etc. and/or work some technique, e.g. light overhead squats if flexibility is an issue, sitting back in the squat etc. In the long run, taking a full week off doesn't really matter, I would just do something that keeps you active and has some benefit for the upcoming cycle.

How long were you on the BS 5x5 before this deload?

Only the prescribed 9 weeks, with week 5 being a de-load (I actually took the whole week off though, was sick).

"deloading" is fucking bitch shit.

Either rest your ass off or train hard. Never "deload".

Either, do some GPP during the week or two off, plus dynamic stretches etc. and/or work some technique, e.g. light overhead squats if flexibility is an issue, sitting back in the squat etc. In the long run, taking a full week off doesn't really matter, I would just do something that keeps you active and has some benefit for the upcoming cycle.

Alright, sounds fine.

So you think I should just take a week totally off?

Yeah. That's what I'd do. It's hard to do without getting stir crazy, so I also advise some serious ganja smokelydokelydo!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah. That's what I'd do. It's hard to do without getting stir crazy, so I also advise some serious ganja smokelydokelydo!!!!!!!!!!

Haha, yah, that will be the problem... not lifting... its become kind of addicting to be honest.

Haha, yah, that will be the problem... not lifting... its become kind of addicting to be honest.

Yeah dude, for me lifting is really just a way to sublimate my addictive and self destructive behavior.

I couldn't stop if I wanted too. Which I don't.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back