Post me some Phil Collins/Genesis...please & thank you?

Kick Strickland

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
IF you're like me and graduated around '96 or so, you grew up listening to this. And if you're like me, it strikes a certain emotional chord that just can't quite be explained with words: phil is the mothafuckin man

Take A Look At Me Now (Against All Odds)

2e18x81.gif

Genesis with Peter Gabriel as lead singer and Phil Collins as drummer was objectively a better band. I am unsure why the writer of American Psycho focused on that era as the depth of their early-mid 70s work is unparalleled.

Genesis with Peter Gabriel as lead singer and Phil Collins as drummer was objectively a better band. I am unsure why the writer of American Psycho focused on that era as the depth of their early-mid 70s work is unparalleled.

I like Gabriel and they were great with him as the singer. But for me, you just can't beat Phil's voice. My personal favorite Genesis era was around the Invisible Touch album days. Their hits off that one were great (Invisible Touch, Land of Confusion, Tonight Tonight Tonight, In too Deep) but the B tracks off that album were outstanding. Domino part I and II is awesome and tells a crazy ass story. Anything She Does is basically their version of ska punk, and it's good. And the Brazillian was really trippy instrumental. That's one of those rare albums where every single track is good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back