News Post-acquisition redundancy layoffs at TKO start tomorrow

I'm definitely a capitalist, but these companies doing everything they can to burn workers is going to backfire one day.
It's sad when any pro workers rights/labor comments have to be prefaced with "I'm definitely a capitalist". Just shows how far the media and big business has managed to demonize this topic.

Jim Ross to replace that monotone boring voice Anik

BHBQttw.gif

jim-ross-dance.gif

He works for AEW

I'm definitely a capitalist, but these companies doing everything they can to burn workers is going to backfire one day.
That’s why people need to treat jobs as business transactions. They aren’t there for you to get you through your hard times and they aren’t your family because as soon as it it benefits them to end the relationship they will. I’m sure some people don’t have much choice, but it’s not good to rely on them with your life and need to keep the situation grounded and in check.

That’s why people need to treat jobs as business transactions. They aren’t there for you to get you through your hard times and they aren’t your family because as soon as it it benefits them to end the relationship they will. I’m sure some people don’t have much choice, but it’s not good to rely on them with your life and need to keep the situation grounded and in check.

Agreed 100%. I wasted 15 years of my life working for companies who make all of the promises in the world they NEVER intended to keep. I literally got emails thanking me for hitting records in sales and revenue only to get a email the following week with the lamest excuses as to why we aren't getting bonuses / raises.

I'm so confused
Can someone explain?

Why would this affect UFC fighters? And why would Vince have any say on the UFC side?

If thats all that changes ill just become a casual and watch until fighters i know retire and call it a day. If fights start ending fishy ill just stop watching then and there.
If the UFC censoring fighters from making homophobic slurs is enough to make you "become a casual," then you're already a casual.

I'm so confused
Can someone explain?

Why would this affect UFC fighters? And why would Vince have any say on the UFC side?

He doesn't.

In general, TKO will have some oversight on operational activity if it effects the bottom line. Dana and the UFC continue to grow revenue and earnings with what they're doing. They don't need any help / input from the board of TKO. They will remain hands off as long as they keep putting out bottom lines like they do.

I mean why wouldn't you? Seems pretty logical. There has to be plenty of jobs that are duplicated between the orgs and can be combined with workload.

I mean censoring what fighters say and possible repercussions for it. Like what Manel Kape said the other day, dana said no big deal what if vinnie mac disagreed?

Then Dana will change his mind like he always does

I mean censoring what fighters say and possible repercussions for it. Like what Manel Kape said the other day, dana said no big deal what if vinnie mac disagreed?

I wouldn't be too worried abiout that

Seems the question is How much will TKO Group Holdings affect the fighters speech and racial slurs for both the UFC & WWE. WWE is popular for the younger kids and young adults as just fun they mostly keep it clean. UFC has some problems but Dana has "Hands-Off" general rule. But TKO must sell these shows to Disney's ESPN and others, so always a certain amount of censorship will always be around.

I noticed one member of the new TKO board stayed empty for a long time an important spot they left open.. people thought it should go to Triple H, but it was for a super lawyer Peter Bynoe. An important spot after all the lawsuits they get and got.

Back