Possibly dumb as f*** Idea, but what if you did a little workout every hour

Like 10 pushups, 10 situps, 10 squats every hour you are awake. Do you think that would do anything? Or is it doing things in large quantities that helps?

If you can only do 20 push ups you would see an incredible strength increase. Someone else mentioned greasing the groove.

In summary picking an exercise and cut the reps in half of what you can do... And do it throughout the day you will increase your push up max substantially.

Im doing it now with bench press. Working with a weight that is 50% to 80% of my max and just do 3 reps throughout the day followed by 3 pull ups.

My bench press is already going up and i can normally do 20 pull ups without really training it much more than sporadically doing 3 to 5 pull ups throughout the day.

Heres an article that better explains it:

https://www.strongfirst.com/greasin...er-of-frequent-perfect-sub-maximal-easy-reps/

That's only 140 to 180 max. You can do that many sit ups in 3 or 4 sets in 10 minutes. Same for the squats and push ups You woukd actually burn more caloriesbdoing them straight along with building muscles. Unless you're like 400 pounds, it would be pointless...but still better than doijg nothin at all.

Sometimes i do with forearm work and no not the enjoyable variety.

You will go bald and surpass A level athlete. Probably reach what they call S level.
58582c01f034562c582205ff.png

Like 10 pushups, 10 situps, 10 squats every hour you are awake. Do you think that would do anything? Or is it doing things in large quantities that helps?
If you just mean casually, then you're proposing an idea that Jack LaLanne advocated for over half a century with about a million ideas and tips for exercises suitable to every work environment imaginable. He did all kind of stuff with just a chair. People like to make jokes about Richard Simmons, but he brought a similar value to his exercise philosophy. Pavel was like the Russian version of Jack, and I've felt that Ross Enaimit is probably Jack's truest 21st century heir for guys who are more hardcore, and specifically those in a combat sports niche. Notice his video below was uploaded to YouTube in 2006-- a month after Google bought it:

Less practically, the idea sounds like a more stressful, more obnoxious form of Kramer's napping philosophy in that one Seinfeld episode he got from reading a book about one of the old Italian masters. If setting aside a few minutes every hour equals in sum to 1hr-2hr at the gym every 24 hours, then unless you were filling dead time at the office, really turning yourself into a mega-hustler, what have you accomplished? The time frame doesn't matter until the time between workouts becomes so great you aren't reaping the dual factor progression.

Ha...found it with a single Google. God, the internet is a beautiful thing.

Back