Possibly dumb as f*** Idea, but what if you did a little workout every hour

I've been doing pull ups on my rest days. I try to knock out about 50 in 5 minutes before I leave the house. I've only been doing it for 2 weeks so I can't report anything.

I think its the strain that helps build/condition your body and muscles, not just the act itself. So doing one sit-up 100 different times isnt gonna do it.

Once your body adapted to it, it would be just another part of the day with little gain. Would be good for circulation. But as far as muscle, that requires time under tension, which that would not be enough of. Do 30 of one of those exercises and that would help in regards to strength and muscle. Seems like a lot of posters do something similar, only with masterbation instead of excercise.
Don't shit on my routine dude!

I have found this theory of working out the same muscles daily / every other day confusing.

I always thought you required a minimum of 3 days to recover before hitting the same area again. Or is this only for lifters lifting real heavy?

On some deployments Ive done similar things to help stay awake/warm...it does very little if nothing. Did like 20 pushups a minute for 2 hours for many days in a row for a few motnhs...not only was it boring...no physical achievement result. Thankfully I didnt do it for 'training' reasons.

If you're out of shape, it will be beneficial. Also, swap out the sit ups for leg lifts.

After a while, you can simply increase the difficulty of the movements. Build to one arm push ups, single leg squats, etc.

If you're out of shape, it will be beneficial. Also, swap out the sit ups for leg lifts.

After a while, you can simply increase the difficulty of the movements. Build to one arm push ups, single leg squats, etc.
I'm I'm pretty good shape I just was wondering if 10 pushups every hour is the same as 100 pushups at once

It is a valid strength-building technique, notably espoused by the renowned trainer Pavel Tsatsouline. Google "greasing the groove". I used it to increase my pull-up numbers.

I just was wondering if 10 pushups every hour is the same as 100 pushups at once
yes basically, but 10 push-ups is pretty weak. Double or triple that and you can rack up some good numbers throughout the day

Last edited:
Sounds like a lotta work when I can just chill.

It is a valid strength-building technique, notably espoused by the renowned trainer Pavel Tsatsouline. Google "greasing the groove". I used it to increase my pull-up numbers.

yes basically, but 10 push-ups is pretty weak. Double or triple that and you can rack up some good numbers throughout the day
Of course 10 push ups is lame . The point was if you did 10 push up once an hour would.it be similar to 100 push ups at once.

On some deployments Ive done similar things to help stay awake/warm...it does very little if nothing. Did like 20 pushups a minute for 2 hours for many days in a row for a few motnhs...not only was it boring...no physical achievement result. Thankfully I didnt do it for 'training' reasons.

2400 pushups a day for months in a row and nothing happened huh ?

Yeah, calling bull shite on that one homey.

Of course 10 push ups is lame . The point was if you did 10 push up once an hour would.it be similar to 100 push ups at once.
Yes, in terms of muscular strength gains. Perhaps even better. However that would not put as much load on your cardiovascular system so it is similar but not exactly the same.

This sort of training is meant to quickly increase strength by enabling a person to lift more weight (or perform more reps) throughout the day than they would be able to lift in a single workout

Last edited:
2400 pushups a day for months in a row and nothing happened huh ?

Yeah, calling bull shite on that one homey.

Yeah nothing happened because as others have stated you plateau...we'd cover 20+ miles a day on foot in afghanistan for months on end too...you think 2 hours of pushups and a movie was hard for us.....

Actually when not deployed we'd do a circuit of 1000s....one thousand of about 10 excercises for a few hours. I guess we have different ideas of what is difficult for someone in shape.

I actually started this program about a week ago and quit after the first day(cause I forgot...). Starting again today!

:meow:

Back