possible staph infection

Do NOT touch it! Certainly make sure you do NOT touch it and then touch other parts of your body (such as your face). You won't want to see the results!

I had MRSA on my arm and it was pretty nasty, I tried a bunch of stuff, thinking it was just ring-worm, nothing happened, I then tried some other stuff, thinking it was regular STAPH, nothing happened, I finally received treatment specific for MRSA and it began to go away and then went away.

Go to the doctor and get some prescription stuff. For preventative measures use a product like Defense Soap (I reviewed it, link in my signature if you're interested). An ounce of prevention is worth of a pound of cure!

it was just a false alarm i think. the spot was swelling when i first posted, but that went away after i put neosporin on there for a couple of days. i also did the marker thing and watched to see if it grew, but it actually got smaller and seems to be healing now (knock on wood). with that said, if it had gotten any bigger, i was gonna head straight to the doctor since some of the stuff i saw online about it was really scary/gruesome - really had me freaked out and i'm going to be more careful about hygiene from now on. thanks for all the help/advice/concern.

When I first had a nasty sore appear on my arm, I hit it with hydrocortisone anti-inflammatory cream, lamasil, and clindamycin (topical antibiotic for acne and such). All that did was cause it to change its appearance and change the way it developed. I also take antibiotics on a regular basis to keep acne down, and I upped the dosage to try to combat the issue, that did nothing...

Ultimately I had some anti-MRSA pills, along with nasal ointment, called into a pharmacy for me, and that was the end of the sore/spot, it began to go away and then went totally away.

All the creams in the world will just make it change appearance and how it develops. If it isn't starting to go away and it doesn't appear to be almost all gone within two or three days, it is MRSA and your treatment was not successful.

In the case of STAPH, certainly MRSA, you need to get decolonization treatment in your nose otherwise you could just reinfect yourself at some point in the near future. The colonies wait in your nose to infect any open wound that you suffer. I had to put an expensive cream up my nose for about a week. When I say expensive I mean to say that it cost about $100 dollars for about 12 doses/vials of the nasal cream, which amounted to a few fingertips worth of cream per vial.

When I first had a nasty sore appear on my arm, I hit it with hydrocortisone anti-inflammatory cream, lamasil, and clindamycin (topical antibiotic for acne and such). All that did was cause it to change its appearance and change the way it developed. I also take antibiotics on a regular basis to keep acne down, and I upped the dosage to try to combat the issue, that did nothing...

Ultimately I had some anti-MRSA pills, along with nasal ointment, called into a pharmacy for me, and that was the end of the sore/spot, it began to go away and then went totally away.

All the creams in the world will just make it change appearance and how it develops. If it isn't starting to go away and it doesn't appear to be almost all gone within two or three days, it is MRSA and your treatment was not successful.

In the case of STAPH, certainly MRSA, you need to get decolonization treatment in your nose otherwise you could just reinfect yourself at some point in the near future. The colonies wait in your nose to infect any open wound that you suffer. I had to put an expensive cream up my nose for about a week. When I say expensive I mean to say that it cost about $100 dollars for about 12 doses/vials of the nasal cream, which amounted to a few fingertips worth of cream per vial.

Sounds like a nightmare to treat and deal with

i've got what looks like an inflamed pimple on my knee and am worried that it might be staph. are there any signs that i can look out for to tell if it's staph or just some kind of skin irritation? also, should i just put some neosporin on it and see if it goes away in the next couple of days - or is it worth getting in a little trouble at work even though i'm not sure if it's anything serious?

DO NOT touch it!!!

It might go away by itself. I've had two pimples on my knee in the past 2 years, and both turned to staph, BECAUSE I picked at them.

I would go see the dermatologist, and see if what they say. Tell them what you do. They might even want to put you on a sulfur based antibiotic like Bactrim DS, which to me, is easier on the stomach than most other antibiotics.

Keep us updated and good luck!

Any update on your condition.

Guy
Defense Soap
Hey not to try to pull of a scheme, but I really enjoy supporting my friend, who makes FightCleanSoap. I have heard very good things about your product. I know you said you'd mail free bars, but if you can't I would absolutely buy one just to see for myself. I've had a lot of MRSA (twice) the past 2 years and just got over Impetigo (3 spots on my arms and legs).

I made a similar post a few weeks ago, I had a painful pimple on my knee. On the advice of a few people on here, I popped it, regularly cleaned/drained it, kept it in a clean dressing and stayed off the mats for a week or so. It had totally cleared up by then. It's not always Staph.

Hey not to try to pull of a scheme, but I really enjoy supporting my friend, who makes FightCleanSoap. I have heard very good things about your product. I know you said you'd mail free bars, but if you can't I would absolutely buy one just to see for myself. I've had a lot of MRSA (twice) the past 2 years and just got over Impetigo (3 spots on my arms and legs).

You're probably better off PMing him to get a response.

Not sure what the difference is between FightCleanSoap, SuperSoap, FightSoap, Dr. Bonners Tea tree soap, Tea Tree Soap Co, DefenseSoap, etc......seems pretty easy to replicate the tea tree oil + eucalyptus essential oil soap....just saying.

I get pimples/ ingrown hairs on my knees all the time. They hurt like a motherfucker to pop and are really tender. If its staph, it will get bad fast. I always pop em as soon as I can and douse with rubbing alcohol.

Just to update this thread, the bump on my knee seems to have healed up fine. It ended up popping a few days or a week after appearing and then scabbed over, etc. I was watching it very closely after it popped though since I had heard that's when it would really get bad, but it ended up healing like a regular bump/pimple would. Thanks again for everyone's support and input.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back