Possible Footage of Cain's Leg Injury Before JDS vs Cain I

I always have to remind people that JDS had a torn meniscus a week before the fight as well. Case in point, Junior was on crutches and got a meniscus repair surgery not too long after the fight. I don't think Cain had to go through a surgery of any sort.

They both were injured, we'll see what happens in the rematch.

Both of their knees weren't 100% going into the first fight, so it's gonna be interesting to see what the outcome of the fight will be with both of them being in better shape

Cain had to take a cortisone shot to compete in the fight with JDS because of his injury. He also had to get his left elbow scraped down after.

Can't wait for the rematch, both 100%, will be a better fight.

I always have to remind people that JDS had a torn meniscus a week before the fight as well. Case in point, Junior was on crutches and got a meniscus repair surgery not too long after the fight. I don't think Cain had to go through a surgery of any sort.

dude, are you really comparing torn cartilage to even a partially torn acl? i've experienced both (multiple times, actually) & training around a ligament/tendon injury is infinately more difficult.

both fighters had injured knees before this fight. cant wait for the rematch. cigano will blast cain again and finally put all this velasquez hype bullshit to rest

that punch that knocked him down would have done the same if he had two robot legs. stop the excuses please.

that punch that knocked him down would have done the same if he had two robot legs. stop the excuses please.

If his knee was in better shape I'm sure his movement would have been a lot better. Not making an excuse, just saying there's the possibility that he could have faired better and maybe also implemented his own gameplan a lot better. It's kind of hard to wrestle with a fucked up knee.

Was his ACL torn in the Kongo fight too?

Seriously, go watch Cain/Kongo and Cain did the exact same thing he did against JDS. He pressed forward with strikes until he got rocked and then went for takedowns. JDS just hit him that much harder and there was no recovery.

If his knee was in better shape I'm sure his movement would have been a lot better. Not making an excuse, just saying there's the possibility that he could have faired better and maybe also implemented his own gameplan a lot better. It's kind of hard to wrestle with a fucked up knee.

Also the injury would have limited his training building up to the fight hence why he came in in the worst shape of his career. On top of that he was coming off the long layoff and the shoulder surgery, this fight will definitely be much better than the first.

It's irrelevant, because the first fight told us nothing about the outcome of the second fight.
Couple of legs kicks and punches, overhand right and done.

We saw nothing in that fight and we already knew JDS can KO you at any time.

blah blah... Cain's injury was worse and he had a long layoff. He looked pretty immobile for the fight. Plus a knee injury hampers Cain's style more. His footwork and takedowns would have been better.

dude, are you really comparing torn cartilage to even a partially torn acl? i've experienced both (multiple times, actually) & training around a ligament/tendon injury is infinately more difficult.
It's not necessarily more difficult...don't pretend like you know. I've had torn meniscus and depending on where the loose cartilage is sitting it can be much worse than a partially torn ACL. For me every time I straightened my leg my knee cap was dislocated and I had pain and swelling each night after training. A friend of mine tore his ACL fully and finished out his football season. Dos Santos fought through his, won, and had surgery immediately. Cain fought through his, lost, made excuses but didn't get surgery .

Was his ACL torn in the Kongo fight too?

Seriously, go watch Cain/Kongo and Cain did the exact same thing he did against JDS. He pressed forward with strikes until he got rocked and then went for takedowns. JDS just hit him that much harder and there was no recovery.

umm no. Kongo countered and JDS threw an overhand right from a mile away.

i have had both a meniscus surgery and acl reconstruction on the same knee(left) two seperate surgerys. Meniscus is 4 tiny incisions and you are walking on it the same day, a torn meniscus causes no instability in the joint. Acl on the other hand is 5 to 6 month healing, and it is responsible for most of the stability in the knee. I couldnt imagine fighting on a blown acl, i tried skateboarding a little before i had my surgery and i could drop off a curb with out instability or sever pain. Cain was an idiot for taking that fight if his acl was gone, how can you expect to take a guy down with that, especially a hw, (a 135-155er might get away with it due to carrying much less weight and being pound for pound stronger)

^If we are comparing an ACL injury requiring a reconstructive surgery vs. a torn meniscus requiring surgery, you'd have a point. But Cain's ACL injury wasn't severe to the extent that it required surgery (at least not that I know of). He chose the therapy avenue

I like both, but this is going to be a trilogy!!!!!!!!!

your own meniscus problem doesn't necessarily translate to someone elses, and same for the acl. meniscus issues can be debilitating. of course, so can acl. you can also show little effect from either. it's case specific.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back