Popped Blood Vessels

XTrainer

Red Belt
Reaction score
Got a whole bunch of them in lots of places from my squat workout yesterday. Is this something I need to be mindful of? Harmful? I'm guessing most of them came when I hit a new one-rep max, I messed up coming out of the hole and had to work a hole lot harder than I should have had to. I also get them in jiu-jitsu sometimes. Neither Google nor sherdog searching yielded anything great right off the bat.

????

Thanks.

I recently got some after doing handstand push ups. And also after dry heaving after drinking too much after the Germany match. I never got them before. For me, I think it could be from massive fish oil consumption. From what I know higher fish oil dosages lead to blood thinning (don't know if this is the right word).

People here will tell you to stop worrying about your inflamed vagina.

Are we talking vessels where there bar touches, or in your face etc.?

I get them form the bar contact if I don't use a pad, and sometimes around my eyes when I've been fighting a choke.

I got a bunch in my shoulder from shouldering that stone the other day. meh, Ive never heard anything bad about them, they don't hurt, and I'm not worried. For faster recovery you could rub an arnica montana based gel on them... works the same as healing a bruise.

Sometimes I feel like my head is going to explode when I try for squat PRs. I'm hoping to be able to bleed out of my eyes within the next year or so.

Sometimes I feel like my head is going to explode when I try for squat PRs. I'm hoping to be able to bleed out of my eyes within the next year or so.

Try rapid deceleration, it's alot easier to get blood out of your eyes

People here will tell you to stop worrying about your inflamed vagina.

Are we talking vessels where there bar touches, or in your face etc.?

I get them form the bar contact if I don't use a pad, and sometimes around my eyes when I've been fighting a choke.

Face, abs (yes), shoulders, neck, some chest too...

Fatty gets them in his eyes all the time when he pulls a PR.

Granted, this hasn't happened in a while.

Cold.

I got my nose to bleed once on a squat PR. That was awesome.

I just realized that blood-vessel bursting squat put my total at 1000. Cool.

So these things are no big deal?

how do you know when you have a popped vessel?

It looks like this when it's in your eye:

2454574050096595546EphlRw_th.jpg

On your feet:

kirsten-dunst-feet.jpg

And your face:

482620314_f941f1ee18.jpg

^^
That's supposedly supposed to look bad, but I really can't tell the difference.

This pic makes me want to fwap.

After my last bench press PR my head and eyes were hurting, and I looked in the mirror and my eyes were completely red. Then I remembered the video of the guy with the bleeding eyes that flak posted, and I was thankful.

I blow them in my eye all the time when bench pressing. Other than looking like a stoner, I don't think it's a problem.

I look like a stoner after squats (not other lifts), I wondered the same thing.

I'm not blind yet.

I got a bunch around my eyes one day after vomiting real bad.

squat max day I get them sometimes, especially when I'm holding my air well throughout the squat.

They do away eventually, so don't freak out about it.

Back